MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Empty
PostSubject: MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines   MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by Commando

MGC's M4A1 is a good all rounder with a decent weight and feel to it, it can be further enhanced with the attachment of military mags for this weapon. Unfortunatley, MGC specifically modify the m4 to stop you from inserting genuine magazines, But when they start becomming looser and looser, a transformation from a near vertical magazine to a slightly curved Armalite magazine is amazing, I made this modification along with other mods to my MGC M4A1 and now it is a custom piece!

WHen filing down the magazing housing, one needs to be careful in order to maintain a balance between all the sides of the well! I shaved off about 1/2mm from each side. but as consequence the original mag which it came with is a little wobbly when attached, but now you can insert Armalite mags without a fuss! It makes the rifle look a lot more realistic.

Currently, my rifle accepts, SA80A1, A2(crisp fit), and Orlite(M16). I have 6 magaines which are combat worthy, all from cadets when I forgot to return them(sigh) MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_wink oh well, if anyone is thinking of doing this conversion it's worth it and takes lass than 10minutes of filing and reshaping! muhhahhahha MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines   MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Claymore

That sounds good, how well do the real mags feed though, i thought that feeding problems was one of the major reasons for being not being able to use real mags.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines   MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Madmike

Hello Claymore!

I hope you are doing fine, my friend.
Yes, I am also wondering if real steel mags work without modification. Regarding the Marushin M-16s, real mags do need reworking. The feed spring is too strong for a modelgun, also the mag catch hole needs to be made larger. I tried to modify a real 30 rd mag. It fits well into the gun (without modifiying the lower receiver and mag well), but it does not feed properly. So I use it for display only.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines   MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Claymore

How you doing madmike, yep everything fine with me have you fired that 725 yet.
Yes thought as much, i thought it was something to do with the spring pressure. Sounds as though commando has overcome that problem though
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines   MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Mark

The Marushin 30 round magazines feed lips are different than the real AR15/M16 magazines as well as the spring that is possibly why the real magazines don't function as well as the original Marushins. Also, if the magazine catch hole is filed larger to fit the Marushin catch size, the magazine could be either too far up/down in the magazine well if the hole is filed in-accurately.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines   MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Commando

Yup, Mike is right. The MGC mags a a little different, Thae way I overcame the spring pressure is cutting some off the bottom, a little bit of the excess. The main problem with feeding is thet the MGC rounds are a little large for the mags, the end of the case where the bullet is lodged in is smaller in 5.56 fullbore cases and wider in MGC cases, but Marushin ones should be ok. The positive thing about using a real cocking handle is that, it seems to be indestructable, unlike the MGC one which is made of a bad quality zinc ally which, when broken looked like mineral rock! MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_lol. But if you need replacement parts for anything other than anything giving you the ability to fire full bore, talke to sabre defence industries. They fab! As for SA80A2 mags, they are brill but have he same prob as the ohers, bad feeding due to large casing of carts. it only become noticable after 3/4 rounds are loaded, but first few rounds fire off nicely!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines   MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC M4A1... Fit Real Magazines
Page 1 of 1