MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Project...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Next Project... Empty
PostSubject: Next Project...   Next Project... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by jay851

hi guys
as a few of you know,the mp5 project i'm doing is well under way and going well (at the moment anyway Next Project... Icon_smile ).as one of my many downfalls i'm already looking as to what i can do next,here are a few that i have come up with:

steyr aug
hk g36
m249 minimi saw
m60 lmg (i know,but i can dream cant i Next Project... Icon_smile )

the aug looks achievable,so does the g36.the m249 can be mag fed so that might be o.k,but i think the belt fed m60 might be a problem.

any thoughts guys.

cheers
jay
kokusai s&w military/police 4" bull barrel
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Next Project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Project...   Next Project... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by Mark

Jay, it looks like you might have your hands full of new projects for the rest of this year and into the next Next Project... Icon_lol A year or so ago, i wanted to build the Spanish made .223 cal mini MG42: the CETME Ameli..However, the project would have been difficult as the spring balance and other issues such as pulling (or pushing the rounds from the belt in the case of MG42/MG3/CETME Ameli) the rounds (Marushin M16 cartridges) from the M249 SAW links. Pulling/pushing cartridges from the real steel machine gun links takes alot of force that the bolt/feed cover assy has to absorb reducing the available power to move the bolt relieably.

As for the magazine fed rifles/machineguns, it takes far less effort to feed the cartridges so they are much less dificult to design/ build.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms

Last edited by mark on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Next Project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Project...   Next Project... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by jay851

hi mark
yes,i did wonder about the belt feed and i'm not quite sure how it works anyway Next Project... Icon_confused
i might go with a bulpup like the aug or sa80,the tokyo marui airsoft aug is a very solid gun and a good base to start with.star are bringing out a steel bodied sa80 soon so there are plenty of options.yes,looks like i will be busy for some time mate,a good busy though Next Project... Icon_biggrin

jay
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Next Project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Project...   Next Project... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Mark

Jay, the machineguns like the SAW and the M60 etc fire from an open bolt and their feed mech is mostly designed after the MG42 so, their actions are fairly easy to understand in relation to the feed system as the bolts forward and rearward movement powers the belt feed mech. The bolt has a projection that extends upwards at the bolt's rear this usually has a roller on it to reduce friction. The projection fits into a "track" in the belt feed arm. This belt feed arm has a pivot that is attached to the feed cover at it's rear. The "track" in the feed arm resembles a straightened 's' the bolts projection slides in this track and produces the side to side movement that feeds the belt through the gun. The feed arm also has two or three spring loaded pawls that both slide over the cartridges during the arms return (bolt open) to the left and push/pull the cartridges during the arms advance (bolt closed) to the right. As you can tell, there is some "monkey motion" going on with the belt feed mech in a machinegun.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Next Project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Project...   Next Project... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by jay851

cheers mark....it does sound a bit too complicated to replicate,although the m249 is still a possibility if mag fed,just like the look of the m60e3 better.anyone know where i can get hold of 'real' mags for the g36 and steyr aug.

cheers
jay
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Next Project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Project...   Next Project... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by Commando

http://www.impactguns.com/store/217722.html for the G36's. visite H&K Pro website, for a diagram os the bolt carrier and charging handle. BTW, I can swear that the M60 and M249 are closed bolt weapons!!! Their cocking handles don't move and need to be forward assisted after cocking anc chambering a fresh round!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Project...   Next Project... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Project...
Page 1 of 1