MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?

Go down 
+4
8ace
ljerr2
claymore
machandler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
machandler

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : United States, California
Registration date : 2020-02-10

Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Empty
PostSubject: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? From what I have noticed, most of the previous manufacturers switched to airsoft. I am wondering if anyone makes modelguns anymore.
Please correct me if this is the wrong topic to post this in.
I am very new to the modelgun world, so please do not criticize me if the answer is simple or has been answered in a previous post.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 am

Tanaka are still producing models guns and good ones, KSC produce a few models, marushin still make them but in dribs and drabs, Tanio Koba produces M4's and 1911's but again big gaps between production.
A company called HWS produces a few models and a company called CAW again occasional production.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 2:45 am

welcome to the forum machandler!

As Claymore noted, there are still a number of manufacturers producing models.
I think Hartford (HWS) is also still around, as well as a few "boutique" producers such as Zeke, BWC, and Elan.

I hope that CAW is still in business, but I haven't seen any updates from them in a very long time. Sad
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 10:20 am

Is Shoei still going Question not that we can afford them Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 9:39 am

I am still on SHOEI's newsletter list and receive occasional updates, so I think they are still in the game.
Anyway I have not yet managed to get one of their models.
Back to top Go down
Catweazle

Number of posts : 35
Location / Country : England
Registration date : 2019-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 6:56 pm

machandler wrote:
Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? From what I have noticed, most of the previous manufacturers switched to airsoft. I am wondering if anyone makes modelguns anymore.
Please correct me if this is the wrong topic to post this in.
I am very new to the modelgun world, so please do not criticize me if the answer is simple or has been answered in a previous post.
I'm new also to modal guns.

Isn't Y.T Corp a modal gun manufacturer? I've notice on MG-Props that Y.T. guns are listed as new!
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 8:29 pm

CAW seems to be still up and kicking: https://mysfactory.com/ (news dribble in with pretty big gaps, but at least they do at all Smile)
Also, CAW seems to release models under the manufacturer name "MULE", too. At least, they switched the production of their airsoft M134 minigun to MULE, the MULE youtube channel has (very few) modelgun videos (e.g. a P220) and a modelgun-related blog

Shoei definately is still active, I received a few spare parts just a week ago and Tomio replies to emails as quickly as ever cheers
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 12:48 pm

posted on Shoei's Tomio behalf - Cerwyn, Site Admin

Hi I am Tomio Matsumoto, Shoei Seisakush Inc., Japan.

I read "Is there a current model gun maker?" in this forum newsletter and this time I had it posted by Cerwyn. (Although I was also this forum member in fact, I forget the user name and the password and was not able to log in.)
Shoei is continuing making a model gun, though troubled. FG42 Type 1 was released in October, last year. And MP44 model gun is manufactured aiming at the completion at the end of March now. Please visit our Facebook, when you are still interested in our products. https://www.facebook.com/Shoei-Seisakusho-Inc-881638911894289/

Moreover, we are taking manufacture of MP40 model gun (Dummy cartridge & PFC specification) into consideration in the near future.

Thank you!

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Thank you very much, Cerwyn! It is always good to hear from Tomio.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 1:22 pm

It certainly is 'Mike. Of particular note is Tomio's announcement that Shoei are considering producing two versions of the MP40. This will create a lot of excitement among our members I'm sure!

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 3:04 pm

Make it an MP5 and he'll be set for life.

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 1:30 pm

I hear you and I'd say the same.

Anyway I suppose that SHOEI, considering they philosophy as well as their tools and manufacturing process, is set for the classic WW II era weapons.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?   Are there any current modelgun manufacturers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are there any current modelgun manufacturers?
Page 1 of 1