MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News direct from Shoei

Go down 
+4
capuetz
oozlum
claymore
Cerwyn
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

News direct from Shoei Empty
PostSubject: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 12:56 pm

posted on Shoei's Tomio behalf - Cerwyn, Site Admin

Hi I am Tomio Matsumoto, Shoei Seisakush Inc., Japan.

I read "Is there a current model gun maker?" in this forum newsletter and this time I had it posted by Cerwyn. (Although I was also this forum member in fact, I forget the user name and the password and was not able to log in.)

Shoei is continuing making a model gun, though troubled. FG42 Type 1 was released in October, last year. And MP44 model gun is manufactured aiming at the completion at the end of March now. Please visit our Facebook, when you are still interested in our products. https://www.facebook.com/Shoei-Seisakusho-Inc-881638911894289/

Moreover, we are taking manufacture of MP40 model gun (Dummy cartridge & PFC specification) into consideration in the near future.

Thank you!

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

capuetz likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 1:05 pm

"...Hi I am Tomio Matsumoto, Shoei Seisakush Inc., Japan.
I read "Is there a current model gun maker?" in this forum newsletter and this time I had it posted by Cerwyn. (Although I was also this forum member in fact, I forget the user name and the password and was not able to log in.)
Shoei is continuing making a model gun, though troubled. FG42 Type 1 was released in October, last year. And MP44 model gun is manufactured aiming at the completion at the end of March now. Please visit our Facebook, when you are still interested in our products. https://www.facebook.com/Shoei-Seisakusho-Inc-881638911894289/
Moreover, we are taking manufacture of MP40 model gun (Dummy cartridge & PFC specification) into consideration in the near future.
Thank you! ..."

Reading the above from Shoei's Tomio, take note of his last paragraph.... Shoei are considering producing two versions of the MP40  bounce bounce bounce

"... We are taking manufacture of MP40 model gun (Dummy cartridge & PFC specification) into consideration in the near future...."

This is particularly exciting news. Knowing Shoei's attention to detail and superb quality, their MP40 could well be the most accurate and realistic Modelgun replica seen anywhere. 
I eagerly look forwards to developments, as I'm sure many more of you will be! 

capuetz likes this post

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Thata amazing news, but i have a feeling it will be out of my price bracket
Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 150
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2019-12-08

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 11:33 am

Below is a response that I received today from Tomio-san on Facebook regarding the MP40.

“It is a model gun which we manufacture about MP40. Basically, we will make a "Dummy cartridge model". We are also considering the production of the "PFC (cap firing) model".”

My read of this is that they are doing a dummy cart MP40 and may do a PFC one.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 12:24 pm

The new Shoei MP40 may have the option of being a dummy cartridge model or a cap firing model just as the MKb42 was. At this early stage I guess Tomio is weighing up his options, the MP40 will be a brand new project for Shoei  Very Happy  

Browning, capuetz and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
capuetz

Number of posts : 49
Location / Country : Tehachapi, CA, USA
Registration date : 2016-09-10

PostSubject: News direct from Shoei    News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 6:35 pm

I will definitely be purchasing one of the PFC version. Cerwyn can you please keep the members informed when Shoei is taking reservations.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 9:54 am

capuetz wrote:
I will definitely be purchasing one of the PFC version. Cerwyn can you please keep the members informed when Shoei is taking reservations.

I'll ask Tomio at Shoei to post a message here informing customers that he's accepting orders.
I'll also ask how far he's got with new tooling to make the MP40.

MadMike, Browning and capuetz like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 12:35 pm

A MP40 model from SHOEI will be a really great model. If they could make a pfc version, that would be too nice.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 12:13 pm

Tomio at Shoei has informed me that he'll be accepting orders and reservations for the all new MP40 replica very soon.

Watch this space...

capuetz likes this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Thank you for the update, Cerwyn.
Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 7:18 am

I’m sure we all follow the Shoei FB page, but for reference, against the MP40 post there the comment is  “First, after preparing a dummy cartridge model, it is made to like to make cap specification in exchange of parts.”

capuetz likes this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 9:15 am

I have to admit that I am still not active on facebook ...

Back to topic, a pfc SHOEI MP40 would be very nice Very Happy

capuetz likes this post

Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 9:57 am

Avoiding Facebook is a perfectly rational approach Smile

I’ve put a photo of the post below. Their comments also suggest that they may (my emphasis on ‘may’) be considering an MP38 - but after the MP40.

News direct from Shoei 7ce3ad10

Browning, SunHill999 and capuetz like this post

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 10:03 am

It is so good to see Shoei busy, engaged In orders for larger batches. It will keep them in business and it will increase chances for them to engage in stuff like the new MP40

I already have a Marushin MP40 it fires well, I really enjoy firing it. BUT it is plastic and I would really like to get a Shoei quality, metal, supreme appearance model of the good old, iconic MP40

Hope to see it soon bounce

Cerwyn, MadMike, Browning, SunHill999 and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: 2005 dated review on SHOEI   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 8:12 am

I stumbled upon a review about SHOEI on Arniesairsoft back in 2005. I am sure most of you will already know it, but it is very interesting and now 17 years old, a piece of modelgun history.

Brothers Ichiro and Tomio Matsumoto still run the business, but as far as I am aware their father and founder of Shoei, Minoru Matsumoto passed away.

I read it first in 2005 when I had started collecting modelguns. The article brings back a lot of memory. If you see and understand how the SHOEI models are designed, crafted, produced and handmade there will be no doubt at all that they are worth every Yen.

The Matsumoto brothers are real modelgun enthusiasts and very fine people, well known, liked and respected throughout the modelgun community.

Most likely this article is linked here on the forum, but I couldn’t find it, so I wrote this post.

https://arniesairsoft.co.uk/articles/shoei_interview/shoei_interview.htm

Cerwyn, Pydracor and SunHill999 like this post

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 2:37 pm

Many thanks Madmike for digging this one up
“Old news” you can say but for Shoei fans a great article

cheers

Thanks

MadMike likes this post

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

PostSubject: Update   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 11:31 am

News from Shoei is

Stock of MP43 is now low.

Work on the brand new MP40!model is progressing

To keep busyness running and fund development of the new MP40 model a batch of FG42 second type is planned

Did i mention Shoei is making a brand new MP40 model bounce Shocked Laughing bounce affraid bounce sunny cheers

MadMike and 8ace like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 11:55 am

These are great news, but I am sure it will still take some time as they are obviously still working on drawings for the molds and tools. Of course the MP 40 will be of superb quality.

In the meantime SHOEI will reproduce the FG 42 Type 2 again.

As a good friend put it: In the end SHOEI will likely have produced more FG 42 than the Germans ... News direct from Shoei 1f603

Cerwyn and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 9:16 pm

My FG42 early type is from 2019 and have serial 1974 and I belive app were made in Germany
About the type 2 I don’t know but I has to be close 😎

Yes the new MP40 will take time but I am confident it will be superb
We can hope material prices drop a bit before manufacturing start - right now it’s expensive

Let’s hope for the best
And in mg opinion  even better
Shoei have confirmed that after production of dummy model they plan to manufacture a PFC model of MP40  bounce bounce bounce

This would really be great

Cerwyn, MadMike and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 9:21 am

SHOEI has some nice photos on their facebook site from reenactors around the world, as well as photos of the real guns in action in WW II:

https://www.facebook.com/Shoei-Seisakusho-Inc-881638911894289/

If you would like to get a MP43 model you should act fast. As far as I know they are almost sold out, the StGW 44 version is for sure. Of course there is a chnace that SHOEI will launch another production run in the future, but we never know when or if at all.

I cannot make up my mind which of thes models I like best. The MP 43/1 version seems to be the most interesting for me, but I am also a very big fan of the look of the early MKb 42 (H) version.

They are taking preorders for another production run of the FG 42 Type 2 now.

Cerwyn and SunHill999 like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 8:33 am

SHOEI is desperately working on the current FG 42 Type 2 production. There was a delay, mostly because of Covid-19 and the war in Ukraine that has affected everything. SHOEI has announced that this may be their last production run of the FG 42 Type 2 model as this is very complicated to manufacture, and costs for materials and parts they have to buy have increased so much that they may no longer be able to produce it for a reasonable and acceptable price in the future.

You can see SHOEI’s facebook site for almost daily updates.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shoei-Seisakusho-Inc/100056825726289/

My personal note: If you contact SHOEI via e-mail please be not surprised if their answer will take a little longer than usual or will be a little shorter. Tomio is just so busy, working long hours in the workshop, spending less time on the computer in the office.

My personal advice: If you are thinking about buying one, you should preorder it now via a retailer or SHOEI directly.

c_alexandersen likes this post

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 9:52 pm

Also my feeling Shoei is really working hard to finish the FG42’s

And yes if you want one now is the time

The announced MP40 to follow will hopefully be a succes keeping Shoei busy for quite a while
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 11:22 am

SHOEI has sold-out and shipped their FG2 Type 2 models now. They are trying to produce and get some missing parts and may be able to sell very few more models. So if you are interested, try to order one asap.

They are now also producing a limited production run of MKb 42 (H) models. Pre-orders can be placed now.

The MP 40 model is sadly delayed further, but still in the pre-production process. I am sure it will be made.

For the newest info see their facebook site.

Cerwyn and SunHill999 like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 7:41 am

SHOEI is about to finish the last FG 42 Type 2 models (approx. 20 pieces).

If you want one, order it now. Tomio told me that the FG 42 Type 2 may not be produced again in the future, as it is very sophisticated and getting more and more expensive to produce.

As always, check their facerbook site (I have to say I am not a member and friend of facebook) to get the newest information or feel free to send Tomio an e-mail.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2023 10:05 am

SHOEI has now started another batch of the MKb 42 (H) model.

This MKb 42 (H) model was the first assault carbine, developed by Hogo Schmeisser, working for Haenel. Although it looks very similar to the later MP43/44 series, it is different. It as the characteristic long gas tube on top, and it is an open bolt design.
Wikipedia states that the MKb 42(H) was mostly used on the Eastern Front against the Soviet forces. By one account, the gun saw action as early as April 1942 when 35 of the only 50 prototypes then in existence were parachuted into the Kholm Pocket near Leningrad as part of a resupply of the defenders.
SHOEI, as well as their partners are accepting reservations and the model is scheduled for delivery in December.

Working on the new MP 40 still continues.

https://ja-jp.facebook.com/people/Shoei-Seisakusho-Inc/100056825726289/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News direct from Shoei   News direct from Shoei Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News direct from Shoei
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next