MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Identifying this MP40 please?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hemlock

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2016-07-20

Help Identifying this MP40 please? Empty
PostSubject: Help Identifying this MP40 please?   Help Identifying this MP40 please? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 8:27 am

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying this MP40 please?   Help Identifying this MP40 please? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 7:37 am

Hi,

It looks very much like a Denix MP40, but it seems to be missing the recoil unit.

8ace

Hemlock likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hemlock

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying this MP40 please?   Help Identifying this MP40 please? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 9:14 am

8ace wrote:
Hi,

It looks very much like a Denix MP40, but it seems to be missing the recoil unit.

8ace

Thank you,

I'll pass then . Denix's are not my thing.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying this MP40 please?   Help Identifying this MP40 please? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 10:45 am

Denix is all i can think of that comes close, but the barrel looks completly open and it should be blocked.
Back to top Go down
Hemlock

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying this MP40 please?   Help Identifying this MP40 please? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 4:43 pm

claymore wrote:
Denix is all i can think of that comes close, but the barrel looks completly open and it should be blocked.

Thanks, aren't Denix notorious for modifying their replicas all the time depending on generations?

Anyway the only Denix I've ever owned was a Mauser C96 and it was very poorly made, poor finish and accuracy.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying this MP40 please?   Help Identifying this MP40 please? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 4:15 pm

I have really mixed feelings about DENIX. I had a M16 for a very short time as I was really upset about all the trade-offs they had made. I am a very big M16 fan and wanted to add this to my collection. It cost 150 €, so not too expensive, but for 300 € you can get a good used Marushin or MGC ABS M16 which is much more realistic.

I also had a PPK pistol which had some trade-offs as well, but it was still nice looking and good feeling. The price was 50 € so not too much. A nice and legal blank pistol or a modelgun will be at least three to four times this price.

As a display model the PPK is good enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying this MP40 please?   Help Identifying this MP40 please? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Identifying this MP40 please?
Page 1 of 1