MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
retroangles

Number of posts : 22
Location / Country : Northwest USA
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger Empty
PostSubject: Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger   Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:49 am

Another one of those found in a box of prop handguns. I have asked Katsuro for help in identifying this, but thought I would post it here as well. The only markings are"Japan" on the right side of slide! Thanks for your help Very Happy

Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger NewPO8-1
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger   Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:00 am

These were sold in the UK by companies like Battle orders .

Non firing modelgun produced by MGC ( I believe) for the export market ...in fact this was the first metal replica I had ( previously owned lots of plastic LS kits )
If memory serves the weak point on this is the back section of the upper receiver where the toggle section sits .....too much pulling the toggle back and letting go ( I was about 12 ) and it broke .

These are the same models as Richard is selling in the for sale section so he may have your trigger lever plate and locking switch.

All they had in the way of a cartridge was a solid brass bullet with case with a tiny hole in the end ( the cartridge was shaped a bit like the Marushin MP40 ones )

Hope this helps

DOC
Back to top Go down
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 134
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger   Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:50 am

I have a load of spares for these.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger   Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:35 am

Here's mine with the previously mentioned bullets.
As you can see, it's an RMI model, but may have been sold differently in other countries.

Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger DSCF4411Medium
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger   Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 pm

How accurate are these replicas? As compared to the Marushin zinc models?

An all black, metal Luger is needed..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger   Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:11 am

As far as I know they are only a wall hanger, because of the solid cartridges.
Unless of course something else is available.

All alloy with plastic grips, I find them pretty tough, but one of them that I have, has the little hooks inside the grips broken off where the toggle spring attaches.
Back to top Go down
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 134
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger   Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 am

I have one which i believe to be the same although it has no markings and am very very happy with mine. Ok it doesnt(to my knowledge)fire any PFC caps but as a holster filler,wall hanger or functioning repro its great.

As said before to anyone wanting spares/parts for these i have a box full of various Luger bits-all from unidentified makes but i have helped someone bring theirs back to life and all the parts fitted a treat Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger   Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help In Identifying A PO8 Luger
Page 1 of 1