MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desert eagle double cap round

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Desert eagle double cap round Empty
PostSubject: Desert eagle double cap round   Desert eagle double cap round Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 5:35 pm

Desert eagle using the Tanaka double cap round, also trying slo mo. Its a cheap action cam with slo mo so no sound and you need a lot of light to get the quality, so quality changes when you move angles. that said its not bad, not as slow as i would like but not bad.
The double cap round works really well, as you can see no problem with the slide not going fully forward and you get a decent bang out of 2 caps.
I am dissapointed that Tanaka did not make the det pin for these rounds a hollow one as i am not finding enough flash out of the barrel which i hollow one would cure (i think). You can see how much flame stays in the chamber, if only that was going through the barrel.

https://youtu.be/TxMK99gN-G0

Browning likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Desert eagle double cap round   Desert eagle double cap round Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Great video as usual Claymore! Thanks for posting it on here. There's a huge ball of flame out of the chamber eh? One big advantage I found with mine is the lack of miss fires we get with single cap cartridges. Have you experienced any problems chambering the first round from a full mag'?
Could be worth making a hollow det.pin to try... Muzzle flash effect is pretty good using MG caps even with a standard det.pin.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Desert eagle double cap round   Desert eagle double cap round Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 5:45 pm

Cerwyn, yep had a couple of problems like toy with chmbering from a full mag, just from that first round though, weird. i used marushin caps as i thought they would give the best effect but so much seems to be held in the chamber.
Slo mo is not bad will have to experiment more with light though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desert eagle double cap round   Desert eagle double cap round Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desert eagle double cap round
Page 1 of 1