MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

shell ejecting glock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

shell ejecting glock Empty
PostSubject: shell ejecting glock   shell ejecting glock Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 2:57 pm

Just for a bit of interest, this came up on youtube and i have not seen this type of model before, it looks cheap but works pretty well, no caps or case it seems. I know nothing about this so anyone got anymore info. I doubt i would add it to my collection but if they did a model that you cannot get in a cap firer like a S&W745 i would probably get it.

https://youtu.be/Jhk0l8-jH9Q

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: shell ejecting glock   shell ejecting glock Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 3:34 pm

Thanks Claymore. I'd been watching a couple of videos of this model myself over the last few days. It's an interesting one, certainly seems to work well. 
I can see this being used in low budget movies, painted to look more realistic, CGI muzzle effect and sound.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: shell ejecting glock   shell ejecting glock Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 2:39 pm

Seen those as well. I know you can get them from Aliexpress. The chinese toy market have really been into the whole Shell ejecting market lately, which is great in my opinion! Laughing

Like Cerwyn pointed out they are great for low budget Movies and such.

I know there is that Glock but also an kind of goofy looking 1911. Also there is a bunch of nerf and theres so called GELBLASTERS ones that seems to go with Shells. ( Some really impressive shotguns for example)

Gelblasters from my understand is like airsoft but you shoot small gel BBs instead? Made for those countries where airsoft guns are banned.

Here is a compilation video I found.

Now its christmas so the budget is kind of low Laughing But I have been tempting to get one of the bigger ones like a Winchester or such and try modifing it into a modelgun. We will see.. santa

Cerwyn and claymore like this post

Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: shell ejecting glock   shell ejecting glock Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 4:59 pm

So I dont know how much you have seen but the Chinese market has really exploded with these new shell ejecting toys. Some of them shot nerf darts and has shell ejecting, some of them only have shell ejecting but then there is one that uses small plastic darts. Like the one seen in this video here ( warning loud music)

These work in that way that the cartridges have small metal springs in them. These are being push down and hold in place when you put the plastic dart top in them. Then later they are being shot out from the toygun by an firing pin. This works cause when the toy guns firing pin hit the cartridges primer. It releases the spring so the plastic dart top flies out of the cartridge.

( Here is a video where you can see how it works in detail https://youtu.be/k88Zpo29V9g?t=77 )

That is kind of cool of its own, but just now I saw this other video of someone converting one of these
to fire toy capguns caps by using custom cartridges. Not a glock but one of those cellphone derringer lookalike pistols. Here is the video.

( Really great youtube channel by the way, seems to be a South Korean modelgun collector!)

That got me wondering, would it be possible to maybe do the same but use one of the shell ejecting model ones? Not entirely sure if the shell ejecting ones have the same type of firing pin as the cellphone model but its worth a try! Wink
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: shell ejecting glock   shell ejecting glock Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 6:55 pm

I have seen a few vids on these models and i dont think they are that expensive, might be worth picking one up just to see what can be done.
Back to top Go down
blast335

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2020-02-19

PostSubject: Re: shell ejecting glock   shell ejecting glock Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 8:07 pm

I bought one of these last summer and was not all that impressed. The one I got is so light that it feels like a cheap, dollar store squirt gun. You cannot cycle the slide manually, only by pulling the trigger (the one I got uses a system of internal springs and/or elastics to produce the action). The slide lock only works some of the time and just generally feels unsatisfying to handle.

Really cool concept, I think there's a lot of potential here, but just terrible execution.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shell ejecting glock   shell ejecting glock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shell ejecting glock
Page 1 of 1