MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)

Go down 
+5
claymore
hkfan
Sommarkatze
lampwick
Pydracor
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Empty
PostSubject: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 6:26 pm

Hi everyone,

so I got my hands on a - pardon my language - crapload of old MGC modelguns (plus a few Hudsons) Smile
Almost everything in the collection dates back to the early 70s and late 60s.

There are mostly handguns in the collection, quite a few old MGC/RMI guns from back when full metal was still allowed on handguns.

Just recently received several longer guns, though, that I'd like to ask a few questions about.

Most importantly, can you give me a rough estimate of the value of these?
I'm mainly an airsoft collector and while I did own a few modelguns over the years, I'm not that familiar with the ones from that golden era.

Also, a few of them are in need of minor parts, maybe you can help out.

Two MGC M16 short (aka XM177) without mags
Value? Plus: one needs a fire selector and it seems to be larger than normal AR fire selectors...
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcxm17701sik58
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcxm177e06njlk

Two Hudson AK47 fixed stock, without mags (the one in the picture is an airsoft mag)
Value?
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Hudsonak01cajb7
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Hudsonak024zjr9

MGC M31 Riot shotgun, I think I saw one of these in plastic, this one is metal
Value? Just needs shells
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcm31riot01gwkwx
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcm31riot02lmkpq

Two MGC S&W M76 newer model, plastic body
Value? Just needs cartridges
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcm7601tfk0l
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcm7602ytkul

Two MGC L2A3 Sterlings, steel, with short mags
Value? Saw here in the forums, that one is for sale on ebay for a ridiculous price, I'd like to know the realistic value Smile
Need charging handles for both, one is missing the safety lever
Not converted to Star Wars E-11 blaster in any way. One has a cut bolt, the other one  is uncut
Will probably keep one
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcsterling01egkx3
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcsterling02sjj7y
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcsterling03g1j6s

MGC M1897 shotgun, full metal
Value? Just needs shells
Will probably keep this
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcm1897017rk7b
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Mgcm189702xmk0z

Would really appreciate if someone here could help me out with any bit of info.

Also, if anyone needs any detail information or pics of any of these or from old MGC / RMI handguns, let me know, chances are I can help out Smile

Might also be able to provide parts donators (e.g. for RMI 1911s, P38s, HiPowers, a few revolvers)
I'm located in Germany, though, so it might be a bit difficult to get complete guns to the UK...

Cheers! cheers

lampwick, Browning, Sommarkatze, broomie and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 2:19 pm

You're a lucky boy there. What handguns are there?
Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 165
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 2:51 pm

Congratulations! Great finds!

Not entirely sure about the prices. I have been looking for an M76 and Sterling myself though and from the prices I have found and dont quote me on this Wink But I think one m76 should be around 250-300 $ maybe?
The older ones in metal are more valuable of course.

And the Sterling in general I know are highly sought after so that one is probably 400-500 $

Please give us a call if you wanna sell any of them Wink
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 3:31 pm

Thanks guys Wink

I will sell large parts of that collection. Have paid quite a bit for it (a decent per gun price, but in total still a hefty sum) and there are more defective or have missing parts, than anticipated, so I need to sell several items for a bit more, before I can offer "forum prices" Wink
Thus I will offer several of these on egun (german gun auction site) soon, but in most cases there's more than one Smile

Also thanks for the estimates Sommarkatze!
I actually hoped for a bit more for one of those Sterlings - not 1.600 USD like on ebay, mind you, but somewhere between 500 and 1.600 Laughing
We'll see, first I will try to locate charging handles and a safety lever for the Sterlings.

@ Lampwick:
Here's a rough list of handguns.

- RMI / MGC 1967 Colt 1911s - how many do you need? tongue One of them is nickel / chrome version, seems to be factory made, not custom. Never seen one of these before... Can also provide parts donators for those 1911s
- RMI / MGC Browning HiPower - many of them defective
- RMI / MGC P08 Marine and Artillery, plus an original 1968 MGC fake drum magazine
- RMI / MGC C96, one of them with original MGC wooden stock / holster
- MGC 1974 P38
- RMI / MGC P38 Uncle Tanio Action
- RMI / MGC Petter M1935 (predecessor of SIG P210)
- RMI / MGC Mauser HSC
- Hudson Nambu 14
- RMI / MGC Colt SAA in various lengths
- RMI / MGC Derringer Frontier
- MGC .38 Chief Special revolver
- MGC .38 Detective Special revolver
- MGC Colt Python
- Marushin S&W M29
- MGC SW M44
- MGC Ingram M11A1, one with a silencer

Last edited by Pydracor on Sun May 08, 2022 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

broomie and nick1011 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 4:45 pm

No worries! I actually went through the prices again and I would like to correct myself.

The m76 would probably be more like 300-400 and the Sterling well not sure about over the 1000 price tag but maybe 600-800. But as I said, dont quote me on it Wink

Those are some really nice handguns as well! Especially knowing how rare they are so big congratulations there buddy! Smile
Back to top Go down
hkfan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 1:36 pm

Hi,
any details on the Petter (condition, defects, extras, price)?
Greets,
M.
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 6:42 pm

Thanks for the further estimates and the congratulations Sommarkatze! Smile
Nah, would not have expected a 1000 price tag either... 600 - 800 does sound reasonable though.

@hkfan:
Here's a few pics of one of the Petters (there are two, both roughly in the same condition).
Condition isn't terrible, but it does show its age, there's a lot of patina and rough edges.
It obviously needs some love, but I'd still call the condition decent, considering its age.

It's functional, rack the slide, pull the trigger (surprisingly nice trigger pull!), hammer drops.
Have to test for further info, can take pics with the slide off then.

Plus: the gun itself is complete with magazine, has no missing parts, nothing is broken, the plastic grips are fine, too.
No further accessoires besides a plastic box inlay, but no box.

Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) M193501rekxt

Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) M193502kgjzx

Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) M19350339kfc

Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) M193504lgjwb

They wanted to be absolutely sure, that people can spot the crown (I know, that was one of the first measurements against harsher laws in Japan), so they put it on both sides of the slide  drunken
Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) M193505g1jfs

A minor flaw: If you pull the trigger too strongly too far back, it can jam there. That's the case on both Petters and it doesn't seem to be caused by a defect, seems like that's just how they were built by MGC.

It also has a german BKA stamp, nice little detail Wink

I have never seen one of these before, so I really am at a loss regarding its value...
Just shoot me an offer Smile
Back to top Go down
hkfan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 11:02 am

You‘ve got mail.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 6:03 pm

Price wise i would look on the mg props site to give you an idea of most of what you have. the prices on there are really top end for instance the m76 is over £300 and i would not pay more than £180 and it would have to be A1. other models on there are around the price you would expect for models that are rare.
Back to top Go down
Rob du Jour

Number of posts : 46
Location / Country : netherlands
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 11:13 am

Hi. Pydracor.
I would love to buy the m1897 from you. It looks like a dream.
Also, I am looking for a s&w model 10 or indiana jones revolver for quite some time. You wouldn't happen to have come across one of those?
If so I would be very much interested.
Back to top Go down
Rob du Jour

Number of posts : 46
Location / Country : netherlands
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 11:14 am

Also. The m76, I would gladly buy. If you put iton the german auktionsite, I will surely bid.
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 6:56 pm

Thanks for the estimate claymore!

And I dropped you a message Rob (as you already know Wink)

Rob du Jour likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 3:13 pm

Just for fun: Family pic, let's call this "evolution of old school Armalite replica models" Smile (admittedly mostly airsoft)

Can post detail pics, if anyone's interested, just let me know.

Left to right:

- MGC M16A1 modelgun 1st Gen, late 60s, full metal, not entirely accurate replica, has that famous screw holding together upper and lower instead of a forward assist, internally completely different than a real AR

- MGC XM177E2 modelgun 1st Gen, same series as the M16A1

- MGC M16/CP (M16A1), PFC modelgun, probably early 80s, a lot of plastic on this one and no authentic markings, but otherwise faithful copy

- JAC AR15A2 bulletvalve airsoft gun, late 80s, Deluxe model with metal receiver and barrel, but missing internal parts, defective

- G&P M16A1 GBB, late 2000s, with JAC M203 40mm airsoft grenade launcher, probably from 1993/94, with G&P frontset and G&P M203 frontsight, plus a realsteel M203 Quadrant sight on the carryhandle

- WE XM177E2 GBB Open Bolt, around 2010, nothing special to say here Smile

- TOP M16VN (something like a Model 602 / M16, but with a XM16E1 upper) EBB shellejctor, around 2012, with reproduction Colt 4x carryhandle scope; for me this is the most fun electric airsoftgun ever built, the shelleject system is super-awesome Very Happy

- VFC M733 GBB, the newest addition to the family, 2022. Very nice gun, especially externally

Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Oldschoolars01ojkqb

Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Oldschoolars02e8juy

Sommarkatze, colin64 and Deerhunter like this post

Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 2:10 pm

An amazing collection! Thanks for showing these of! I know many of these are hard to find so its super cool to see them all together! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ll329

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2022-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 12:41 pm

Great find. Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
nick1011

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2023-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 9:44 pm

Hey there!

Would you part with the MGC SW M44?
Back to top Go down
colin64

Number of posts : 8
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2019-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 10:38 pm

Very very nice collection, thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)   Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old MGC Collection (+ a few Hudsons)
Page 1 of 1