MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New member - Modelguns in EU?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Staadi
Staadi

Number of posts : 15
Location / Country : EU
Registration date : 2022-09-08

New member - Modelguns in EU? Empty
PostSubject: New member - Modelguns in EU?   New member - Modelguns in EU? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 9:55 am

Hello,

I have just joined and wondering if anyone has any advice for starting to collect modelguns in the EU? I have found it very hard to find any information on dealers that ship within the EU.

Thank you

Rob du Jour likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New member - Modelguns in EU?   New member - Modelguns in EU? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 4:16 pm

Hello and welcome! We have a https://www.mg-props.co.uk/index.htm and http://plugfirecapgunsuk.com/ here in Europe. I think both are in the UK so as we all know they aint part of EU any longer Wink

Otherwise its hard cause we dont really have any proper stores selling them. If your lucky you can find used ones sometimes on some websites but these are mostly sold by a private person and not a proper store.

I think most of us actually order them from Asia .

Where in the EU do you live?
Back to top Go down
Staadi
Staadi

PostSubject: Re: New member - Modelguns in EU?   New member - Modelguns in EU? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 4:25 pm

Thank you for the help! I’m based in Finland and very interested in starting the hobby but it’s very hard to find also what regulations are. The officials I spoke with had a very unsure response on the importing of these whether it would have the same classification as Airsoft or be treated as a signaling.

Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

PostSubject: Re: New member - Modelguns in EU?   New member - Modelguns in EU? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 10:40 am

Alright!
Once again you are welcome to the forum! I am not entirely sure about your laws and regulations in Finland. I am from your neighbor country Sweden after all Wink From my understanding though I think it should be possible for you to get your hands on them legally.

That is a tricky questions cause they are not really airsoft guns. I mean they dont shoot any projectiles and calling them a blank/signal firing gun I think is overestimation. Mostly because they dont really operate the same way but most importantly blank guns are WAY more dangerous than modelguns. I would describe them as cap guns but I think the term modelguns are better.

I apologise in advance if I may come out rude but. May I ask if you are aware of how modelguns work? Smile If you do that is super awesome and you can skip this part. Otherwise Its more that I know a lot of people seem to be of the understanding that modelguns are basically weaker blankfiring guns.

Cause that is not entirely correct and that sadly is what I believe to be the reason a lot of people doubt if they can get their hands on modelguns or not. Because as in most cases you need Licenses for blank firing guns. Modelguns are NOT blankfiring guns but should be consider more as like.. an advanced detailed sensitive capgun Laughing

I have managed to import them from overseas but they been stuck in customs ( rightfully so yes, I mean they are kinda realistic Laughing ) for like 1-2 months before they send them to me. What I have done every time though is that I asked the seller if he could leave a note in the package for the custom officers to read. Just to be clear so you can explain what it is  Smile

Back in the days when you could still buy these in Europe you usually got a note like this in the box that said something like.

¨These replica models of a famous firearm cannot chamber or fire ammunition. It is designed to be sold to collectors for display purposes. This model is constructed from a material unsuitable for use in a firearm. Any attempt to use this model as a firearm may cause it to explode.

Feel free to Contact the receiver of this package if there would be any questions ¨

Rob du Jour likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staadi
Staadi

PostSubject: Re: New member - Modelguns in EU?   New member - Modelguns in EU? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 12:13 pm

Thanks for the reply! It’s reassuring to hear your experiences. I am very aware of the operation on MGs but certainly most concerned on how those at the import office see it.

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: New member - Modelguns in EU?   New member - Modelguns in EU? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 12:59 pm

Hi

Your concern towards import office is well thought

In my expirience most European countries have a legal vacuum around MG’s
Powder charge I the size allowed as toy
It function and look like a weapon
But does not fire a projectile

When importing to Denmark it often pass as if it was a softgun but at random a model is send to police investigation (if it is a weapon)
New postal scanning have contributed to this because the contours of a gun appear.

The note (probaly best with shipping pappers is No guarantee but can never harm.

Feel free to pm me when you have found something you like - considerations is a bit different dependig what country you import from
Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

PostSubject: Re: New member - Modelguns in EU?   New member - Modelguns in EU? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 1:06 pm

Wonderful!
I was certain you already knew I just wanted to be sure Smile In that case I would call your custom service and ask them specific.

Tell them its not an airsoft gun nor blank/signal fire gun but a capgun/modelgun made in a weak material on PURPOSE in order to not be made into a real firearm. And then also simply describe their simple mechanic and reusable cartridge and if there is any law stopping you from getting it then? Very Happy

Edit:
c_alexandersen wrote:

The note (probaly best with shipping pappers is No guarantee but can never harm.

Yes of course! No guarantee but it does not harm. Also its always nice to be open to them that they may contact you so you can explain it all so they dont just ship it back without contacting you:)
Back to top Go down
Rob du Jour

Number of posts : 46
Location / Country : netherlands
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: New member - Modelguns in EU?   New member - Modelguns in EU? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2022 12:42 pm

I order them once in a while from the UK and have them shipped to Germany. Most arrive without any hassle, but the import duties are really really high. You really need to want the model in question and have deep pockets for this hobby.

Sometimes customs keep them at their office and i need to drive over and show paperwork, receipts etc etc and pay the duties in cash there. Its a hasle, but afterwards its really satiflsfying having them in our posession.

I would advise you to look on egun.de by the way.
It is a german gun auktion site that regularly sells replicas and japanese modelguns. If it is shipped inside the EU I expect a lot less hassle from customs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member - Modelguns in EU?   New member - Modelguns in EU? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member - Modelguns in EU?
Page 1 of 1