MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kosler Shell ejecting Western guns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ArmchairExpert

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2022-10-28

Kosler Shell  ejecting Western guns Empty
PostSubject: Kosler Shell ejecting Western guns   Kosler Shell  ejecting Western guns Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 10:20 pm

Hi All,
I recieved a batch of Kosler guns last week.
I’ll get some better photos later an review them.
Kosler is a Spanish company like Denix , their models seem to have a slightly better finish than Denix, but appear to use Resin in place of wood furniture .
They do focus on western and older firearms.
I have had a couple of their SA Army for a while, like some Denix models the dummy round can be fitted with a common cap to make a pop when fired.
The new models are lever action winchester styled rifles that can cycle the dummy roundKosler Shell  ejecting Western guns 1a537b10
Kosler Shell  ejecting Western guns D425ee10 .

ljerr2, Rob du Jour and joemenes like this post

Back to top Go down
Rob du Jour

Number of posts : 46
Location / Country : netherlands
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Kosler Shell ejecting Western guns   Kosler Shell  ejecting Western guns Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 12:01 am

Hey.
Never heard of this company before.
The fact that the Winchesters cycle rounds, really makes them quite interesting for me.
Any idea where one can order these?
Back to top Go down
ArmchairExpert

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2022-10-28

PostSubject: Where to source Kosler   Kosler Shell  ejecting Western guns Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 8:13 am

Kosler have been a round for a while , their first models were pretty much just nicer versions of Denix .
Ai really only took note when they brought out the SA Army that could be loaded with a dummy round fitted with a cap , about the same time Denix started offering a dummy cap round for its Colts .
These rifles I believe are a brand new product.
As for sourcing them , I’m not sure about Europe but most of the US Denix retailers seem to be stocking them and mine are from the Australian Denix distributor.
I know that Armory.net have them but they are US based .

This is the Trapper Carbine with a Sheriff Special , the Shotgun is a Denix
Cheers
Brendan Kosler Shell  ejecting Western guns Bc2c0210
Back to top Go down
jwstacey
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 34
Location / Country : South Wales
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Kosler Shell ejecting Western guns   Kosler Shell  ejecting Western guns Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 4:48 pm

Kolser are great. When we started running our western LRP game we did a lot of research into how to inexpensively get a good stock of guns. I've got PFC's but its not practical for 10 armed bandits. Denix worked but a Denix revolver would pretty much be useless after a couple of games as the metal is so poor they soon stop indexing. Kolsers revolvers have been rock solid and we've still got our original ones which work fine 10 years later. The ejector rods can break, and over time the 'brass' shells crumble around the top (I assume they are chromed zemak) and can jam in the cylinders, but you want a reliable cheap bang they are great. We use them with edison giocattoli montecarlo caps which are loud and have a slightly domed head so don't foul the action as much. (Bonus is if you've got an old Kokusai revolver, the montecarlo 'shotgun' cartridges fit in the cylinders of that well if trimmed)
The original Kolser Winchesters fired if breach loaded with the revolver shells one at a time (you need to stuff the barrel slightly to make it shorter) and gave a pretty good sound and ejected nicely. The new ones suffer a bit from jamming but that's par for the course with the winchester action. I think they still do both wood and plastic furniture on them but best to check.
I used to be able to buy direct from Kolser in Spain before Brexit scuppered that. In the UK Battleorders are the best place to get them.

SunHill999 and ArmchairExpert like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.liveroleplay.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kosler Shell ejecting Western guns   Kosler Shell  ejecting Western guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kosler Shell ejecting Western guns
Page 1 of 1