MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others Empty
PostSubject: 3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others   3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 7:21 am

Hello everyone, I'm looking for 3d CAD files.  Right now I'm focused on modelgun Thompsons, MP40s, Grease guns, Colt 1911/A1 and M-16.  I have a parts supply, but the 3d is necessary to ill in what I can't get.  3d also lets me conserve factory parts for people that need them.  Meaning if a printed sight is suitable for my needs, that leaves the factory sight I have available to someone who wants it for their application.

Hope that wasn't too wordy. My replica armory is focused on all non firearm Thompsons and I aim to keep supplies in inventory, and 3d will be part of that effort.

Thanks!

-Jay

3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others KKFgopV
3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others GXQ1l2Pl

c_alexandersen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rob du Jour

Number of posts : 46
Location / Country : netherlands
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: 3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others   3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 4:21 pm

Very nice collection.
Cannot help you with blueprints though.
Sometimes I let a friend remake parts on a cnc from the original part that broke.
It works well.
One day there will hopefully be a complete library of cad files for all modelgun parts. It would really fill a gap in the market.
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: 3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others   3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2023 6:01 pm

Yes 
With so many metal modelguns, growing really old the need for spares will only grow. 
I have a few 2D drawings I’d be happy to share. 

If anyone can guide on uploading 2D or 3D files to a library in this site I am certain admin will make a folder for this. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to share files ??
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: 3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others   3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 9:35 am

Try a website called GrabCad

Back to top Go down
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others   3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 11:56 am

Thanks! I have to build another rack as I overran the capacity of the armory.

Important part first. I have a machinist/mentor. I rejected mini mill mini lathe on the grounds I'm not a mini enthusiast, and those machines need babysitting....perhaps like 3d printers.

I have a 3d print guy, and he's hard at work now.

That said, you reminded me that I was going to ask Cerwyn about his lathe..I don't rule out machining a very small part from a small machine, I'd have to find out what's up.

Rob du Jour wrote:
Very nice collection.
Cannot help you with blueprints though.
Sometimes I let a friend remake parts on a cnc from the original part that broke.
It works well.
One day there will hopefully be a complete library of cad files for all modelgun parts. It would really fill a gap in the market.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others   3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3D CAD Files Request Thompsons MGC 1921 Hudson, CMC and others
Page 1 of 1