MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 Empty
PostSubject: Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1   Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 11:10 am

I was inspired by cushy1944 (spelling?). His modelgun had nice dark furniture with a foregrip sling mount.

He brought up sling mount for his vertical fore grip. It's interesting that amongst current airsoft production, the manufacturer puts a sling mount on the stock, but gives you no provision for mounting the other end.

Hilariously, I read a redditor assert you can carry the gun with no mount on the vertical grip.

A couple of things come to mind. A combat 1928A1 is absolutely historically correct. But the implications go much further. The combinations of parts as implied in cushy1944s post is correct. Played out though it's even greater he implied.

The one issue I'll cover here is that a swivel on the fore grip is not the only option. Provision was made for the sling to be mounted to the barrel. The M1A1 was retrofited with a band due to a weakened foregrip mount, but this defect is not present in the 1928A1, meaning a mountpoint might have proven durable enough in the early configuration. I have a series of period photos showing mount locations, and i'll compile them.

Enough for one post is a picture of an MGC in my armory, with a mount still in place on the barrel. This mount seems to represent the actual use of the device:

Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 VEEohC2

Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 7QYjmMy

A poster I spotted on display at one of the Thompson Associations
Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 LIQk8lS
Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 GygQD5D

Back to top Go down
cushy1944
cushy1944

Number of posts : 27
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2022-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1   Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 11:29 am

Thats interesting and I never knew about this sling mount and I’ve never seen one…

The British I believe were initially mounting rifle sling mounts from Lee Enfield rifles onto the LEFT side of the forward vertical grip as it kept the sling away from the ejection port. However this appears to have changed to the RIGHT side as a sling attachment on the LEFT side of the vertical grip got in the way of the hand…
Back to top Go down
cushy1944
cushy1944

Number of posts : 27
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2022-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1   Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 11:30 am

Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 Img_2311
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1   Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sling Location-Battlefield 1928A1
Page 1 of 1