MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cushy1944
cushy1944

Number of posts : 33
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2022-05-23

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Empty
PostSubject: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 11:35 am

Does anyone need any spare parts for an MGC 1921 Thompson?

I have the pistol grip, horizontal foregrip and stock as well as an MGC CUTTS COMPENSATOR, the LYMAN SIGHT and the screws…

Anyone have any idea what they are worth?
Back to top Go down
cushy1944
cushy1944

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 11:36 am

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Image010
Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Image110

Browning likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kororia187

Number of posts : 17
Location / Country : New Zealand
Registration date : 2024-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 9:22 pm

Hi everyone, New to this so Ive just recently won an auction and brought an MGC thompson Tommy Gun and i noticed the drum is missing some things and i cant open the drum.Can anybody help please. So Down below these are what im missing the swirl thing that attached to the drum and i cant load any blank caps as the insides of the drum is gone.

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Screen13
Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Screen12
Back to top Go down
cushy1944
cushy1944

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 12:48 am

Can you post some images up of what you have left? So someone has removed all the innards and the winder (to get tension on the spring to feed the rounds) is also missing?
Back to top Go down
Kororia187

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 am

Hi cushy1944 here are the photos of mine. As you can see I don’t have the winder thingy.

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON F405c010Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Fca7ea10

cushy1944 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kororia187

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 am

Here another one. I know you can’t really see inside the drum but it’s innards are missing so yeah

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON E5a61c10Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON B4f8b410
Back to top Go down
cushy1944
cushy1944

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 8:34 am

I think your drum may not be an MGC one. It might be a DENIX one. The DENIX Thompson replicas are very similar to the MGC Thompson replicas. I’ve got a feeling they may have copied the mold. The CUTTS COMPENSATORS are too small on both the MGC and the DENIX.

MGC drums have a working wind up drum (they only take 39 rounds not 50) and the DENIX drums are external for show only. I don’t think the top cover comes off and they have no internals at all.

My recommendation is that you get a genuine 20 round stick magazine for it.

Kororia187 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kororia187

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 10:35 am

Hi there, I think it’s odd to have an denix drum mag into mgc Thompson gun, do they fit in together.

cushy1944 wrote:
I think your drum may not be an MGC one.  It might be a DENIX one.  The DENIX Thompson replicas are very similar to the MGC Thompson replicas.  I’ve got a feeling they may have copied the mold.  The CUTTS COMPENSATORS are too small on both the MGC and the DENIX.

MGC drums have a working wind up drum (they only take 39 rounds not 50) and the DENIX drums are external for show only.  I don’t think the top cover comes off and they have no internals at all.

My recommendation is that you get a genuine 20 round stick magazine for it.
Back to top Go down
Kororia187

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 10:51 am

Here some more photos inside the mag

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Aa336510Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON 194f8210Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON 77b3e410
Back to top Go down
cushy1944
cushy1944

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 2:24 pm

If the magazine doesn’t come apart (as in the top doesn’t lift off as you would lift off to load rounds in) then it’s a DENIX one….

Kororia187 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kororia187

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:50 pm

Thanks for that mate, Also what’s is this part here is it the piston. As you can see it’s a bit broken

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON A7aa4010
Back to top Go down
cushy1944
cushy1944

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:27 am

Hello - not sure what those hex headed screws are on the top of the action there… they don’t look original? Is the bolt head badly worn? It looks like it’s been hitting and wearing the slot for the cocking handle. Looking at some of your previous images it appears that someone has filled in the Model Gun Corporation information on the side of the gun… or done something to it to try to hide it…
Back to top Go down
cushy1944
cushy1944

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:40 am

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Img_4421

The two Hex socket bolts aren’t in this pic
Back to top Go down
Kororia187

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 2:07 pm

Hi there, yes the bolt is badly worn and i dont someone could hide the mgc logo
Back to top Go down
cushy1944
cushy1944

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 2:18 pm

The bolt can be restored I know MG PROPS can arrange that….

Last edited by cushy1944 on Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kororia187

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 6:27 pm

Hi there, no the bolt isn’t broken anyway I just had the bolt cocked lol

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON 60888e10
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:37 am

Hello,

The earlier MGC Thompsons did have two hex. head screws inserted through the top holding the top and lower receivers together. You may well find the barrel is open too so that smoke can vent through.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Kororia187

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:33 pm

Hi, is that right… do you have a photo of an earlier Mgc Thompson model
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON   Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spare Furniture & Parts - MGC THOMPSON
Page 1 of 1