MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thompson lack of specification

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

Thompson lack of specification Empty
PostSubject: Thompson lack of specification   Thompson lack of specification Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2023 6:58 am

Greetings, this is the simple questio:

Anyone reading this know of specific modelguns that ignition worked reliably? I know of an MP-5 that was legally converted to firing bullets and was hence a reliable submachinegun. In the US the license is called SOT.

I have "hot loads" ready to go...but I doubt the MGC 1921 was ever intended to fire reliably. 2 MULE/CAW Thompsons in my armory were 4.7 billion miles from firearm engineering. The Hudson is the only unit I have Stateside evidence of more reliable operaton.

I have a shop manual by warroir poet machinst Doug Richardson that discusses blank firing in Thompsons, all relevant. So it''s not like I don't have the tech.

Won't fight and engineering decision by the Japanese to build unreliability into their assumble, unless I know how long it will take, and it will succeed.

"Hot loads" are just modified modelgun cartridges that don't require piston action. The point is I made them, but didn't use them. That's how strong firearm engineering is in me.....ready to go, but figured I would learn nothing except if my safety gear was adequate.

I ham it up on "hot loads"....it's true I have the, not true I'm don't something dangerous.

"Ham it up" Jay
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Thompson lack of specification   Thompson lack of specification Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 1:59 pm

The MGC Thompson is a very reliable firing model as was the MGC MP40, None are capable of firing anything powerful for obvious reasons.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Thompson lack of specification   Thompson lack of specification Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 8:14 am

How many US armories had more than 20 uncut Japanese guns on the racks? I think it was no community formed around working guns. I guess that begs the question is a workig MGC marketable if it has new best in world stocks, usgi stocks with our without 1928A1 overstamp

I'd think what probably happened no one worked on different uncut guns game after game until it was obvious to them that a book was in order.

Regardless the guns will be released with just function documentaion, chamber/eject documenation. A project started tomorrow I'd use the data.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thompson lack of specification   Thompson lack of specification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thompson lack of specification
Page 1 of 1