MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M92F Kits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

M92F Kits Empty
PostSubject: M92F Kits   M92F Kits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:46 pm

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

I was just over at dentrinity spending my imaginary million again, and i noticed the Marushin M92F Brigadier Model Kit Black Heavy Weight. Well ive never assembled a model gun kit before, is it pretty easy?

Here's the link anyway: http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=COL&bid=MGUNS&pg=2&rpp=10

Shows a good picture of the gun and all the bits that come with it, its about half way down the page.

Im very interested in buying this as its considerably cheaper than buying a completeled model (£52 for the kit, £85 for complete and i have postage to consider hehe)

Cheers guys
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M92F Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: M92F Kits   M92F Kits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:46 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

That depends. Some are easy some are hard. It mainly depends how well the parts all fit together. If the instructions are clear and easy to follow, then you shouldnt have too much to worry about. If the instructions are bad, then you could end up with say, four pins, all only very slightly different, and not knowing which one you are supposed to use for a particular part. If you can control your haste to get it and fire it, then go for it, they can be a good learning process. Dont expect it to work though once you have finished! Many kits will need you play around a bit, and try a few things diffently to get them working fine (tuning). You may also find that the parts are unfinished, so that things like seams will need to be smoothed off and so forth. This can mean that the finish you get at first will not be what you want it to look like, but more of a rough draft. Worry about that after it all works, unless you only want it for display and not to fire, in which case the other way round.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M92F Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: M92F Kits   M92F Kits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:47 pm

hmm yea, interesting. Im not too bad at patience, any idea if they come with any oil or anything? Id like to take my time over it and make sure it works well the first time round really.

Anything id need to be able to build it well? I can think of a few things, decent file, WD40 (would that be ok for the metal parts?) etc

I was also thinking i could maybe try and make the pistol a little heavier myself, maybe add a bit of metal inside or something. Its not the heaviest model ever, i think its around 650g, id rather aim for about 900g
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M92F Kits Empty

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

I dont know of anyone who has made one work properly the first time round. You never know, first time for everything I suppose.

You do not usually get oil with these kits, and if you did it probably wont be much. You will definately need a good file (the smaller and longer the better). A decent assortment of screw drivers usually come in handy. Needle nosed pliers. Maybe a little hammer (not a great big one, you shouldnt really need that even, but some parts may need it). I dont know what else to suggest though. Most of the parts you should be able to do with your hands, you wont need tensioners or anything for the springs because they are not that powerful. Any gun parts should in theory just fall or clip or rotate into place (or slide), without having to use force on them, although I have found this not to be the case with models, they can too often be a little bit clumsy. I guess that it probably to do with that they are plastic and not metal.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M92F Kits Empty

Aye maybe, sounds like its a bit hit and miss, i might just splash out on a factory built model because if i screw up (which i probably will) ill prolly break something and have wasted around 70 quid lol. Im goin to some antiques place tommorow to see if an old full-metal revolver is still there, their selling it for £40! If its there ill be snapping that up!

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M92F Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: M92F Kits   M92F Kits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:48 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Hi Illuminati,

You really should try a kit they aren't that bad and they are certainally more entertaining when they are finished as you can feel some satisfaction that you assembled it yourself. I really fail to see why few people want to try to assemble a modelgun kit, as the assembly teaches you what really makes a modelgun "tick"

I have assembled at least 5-7 modelgun kits and i have 4 more to assemble (i'm saving them for the future )

I have not had more problems with the kit's than with anyother modelgun (factory assembled, MGC, Marushin etc.) Sure, they take more time to detail with sanding, filing etc. But, they are worth it when they are finished...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M92F Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: M92F Kits   M92F Kits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:48 pm

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

ill have my two cents in here.

mark you know i hate kits...i dont like having to put models together so basically its down to personal preference.

yes theyre cheap.

yes theyre just as good.

but yes theyre annoying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

M92F Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: M92F Kits   M92F Kits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M92F Kits
Page 1 of 1