MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin AR Kits

Go down 
+2
smootik
Dollanganger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dollanganger
Dollanganger

Number of posts : 33
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Marushin AR Kits Empty
PostSubject: Marushin AR Kits   Marushin AR Kits Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Has anyone had experience with Marushin’s model gun “kits?”

These kits seem to be unassembled model guns, offer the distinct advantage of modifying and coloring the parts before assembly.

Some sites charge far more than standard assembled version of the same AR guns. But I found that www.redwolfairsoft.com offers them for less.

ARs are largely plastic, but do the Marushins have real metal (zinc) receivers, barrels, and bolts?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Marushin AR Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin AR Kits   Marushin AR Kits Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm

Check this review:
http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/reviews/marushin_xm177e2_pfc/marushin_xm177e2_pfc_review.htm

There is also a whole section about Marushin M16/XM177 kits right on this forum:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/marushin-m16-xm177-series-modelguns-f20/

Short answer: barrel is zinc (though flashhider is plastic), bolt is aluminium (zinc was used in a short run of factory-assembled version, but was too heavy).
Back to top Go down
mogear
mogear

Number of posts : 11
Location / Country : Michigan/USA
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Marushin AR Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin AR Kits   Marushin AR Kits Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:42 pm

I am just finishing my Marushin XM177E2 kit.
I have used some real steel AR parts b/c some Marushin parts did not fit right, but no major problems with the Marushin kit.
One problem I had was fitting the barrel, I stripped and broke off a piece of the barrel, however, forum member Shazhib was able to find replacement parts in Japan that work better than the original parts and improve appearance by adding a bayonet lug and M16A1 barrel length and flashider.
I am just fitting the gun with locktite and working on actually firing a few rounds.
There is alot of really good info in the Marushin M16/XM177 series forum area.
I would be happy to answer any questions to the best of my limited experience/ability.
Back to top Go down
Dollanganger
Dollanganger

Number of posts : 33
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Marushin AR Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin AR Kits   Marushin AR Kits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 pm

They sound good except for the plastic flash hider. Why'd they do that? Can I simply attach a real AR flash hider?

So the bolt is now plastic?

What real AR parts did you use? Does a real AR mag fit in the well?
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Marushin AR Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin AR Kits   Marushin AR Kits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Dollanganger,

The bolt of XM/M16 kit from Marushin is aluminum alloy.
Actually, they offer metal flash hider for XM, but it is another 35-4000 JPY.

I think there are many review and comments about XM/M16 of Marushin you can refer.

Regards,

shaz,
Back to top Go down
mogear
mogear

Number of posts : 11
Location / Country : Michigan/USA
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Marushin AR Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin AR Kits   Marushin AR Kits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Dollanganger

You can buy a metal 5.5 inch flashider from airsoft suppliers.
Airsoft 14 mm metal flashiders will fit on the Marushin barrel.
I used some real steel springs and pins, as well as real steel trigger guard.
I also attached real steel stock, grip and handguards with minimal modifications.
The Marushin kit really is mostly metal- except for the flashider and stock/grip/hanguards.
Real steel 30 rd mags will fit into the mag well, but the mag release hole needs to be opened up on the mag to stay in place.
I am currently trying to get a modified real steel mag to feed properly with limited success.

-Mogear
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Marushin AR Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin AR Kits   Marushin AR Kits Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:48 am

The bolt is alloy metal, not plastic. Only the "XM177" style screw on flash hider is plastic. The "A1 - bird cage style" flash hider is alloy metal and comes with the end of the barrel (permanently attached).

You can replace the XM177E2 with a Mulberry field metal flash hider (available in Japan, just ask Shazhib or Francky) or a Guarder steel part (clean and oil well, may rust from fire cap residue!), # M4A1-09, 14 mm positive thread.

Or you can make a M653, 14,5 inch barrel carbine by using the Marushin M16A1 barrel and A1 flash hider.

Marushin AR Kits M653-5

(Note that I have changed the front sight too as the XM177 front sight is missing the bayonet lug)

If you like to keep the Marushin plastic flash hider, flat black spray paint will make the finish of the plastic flash hider much better anyway.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin AR Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin AR Kits   Marushin AR Kits Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Marushin's kits are available from forum member Francky at good prices too.
You'll find them on his website http://franckys-modelgun.com/

As smootik kindly pointed out, should you decide to build from a kit, there's plenty of helpful info in the forum's pages and there's always advice at hand if you need it Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Marushin AR Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin AR Kits   Marushin AR Kits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin AR Kits
Page 1 of 1