MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka Works Glock 17

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Tanaka Works Glock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:48 pm

*** Originally posted by oakers ***

Hello lads, quick question for you.

Does anyone here know whether the above will house the real steel G17 mags and can it chamber 9mm rounds?

I'm just checking before I start nagging mates for spare mags and drill rounds!

Cheers

Oakers
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:48 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Very doubtful, i have some real browning mags and they look identical to the marushin and they fit in great, however when you try to fire the mag drops just a little and so fails to feed a round. You might be able to do something about this but not sure what without getting the mag stuck.

I fired my 17 yesterday and the barrel broke, same place as my USP so a tanaka problem maybe.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:49 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

I doubt that it would chamber the 9mm rounds, but I would try and get a magazine for it if you can and try it. Then you could let us all know. Obviously if you wanted to use it you would have to change the spring.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:49 pm

*** Originally posted by bodie ***

Managed to fit a real 9mm into the mag no problem but the rod in the barrel stops the tip of the round being chambered.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Thanks lads, bad news about the Glock Claymore
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:50 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

When i fired my Tanaka G17 for the first time, I noted that after the first 10 rounds that it started jaming. So, i stopped firing and investigated the problem. The succeeding rounds in the magazine where somehow being deflected by a small nick in the feed ramp of the barrel. As the "hollow point" bullet would catch on the nick and the slide would then try to jam the round into the barrel ramp. Now, just why the ramp allows this to happen is the question, as it looks good at first glance. But, it looks as if the ramp is a little too short as it should extend a little lower as not to allow the rounds to strike the sharp edge of the barrels feed ramp. I think that possibly that the magazine is feeding the rounds at the wrong angle due to improperly adjusted feed lips. If the barrels existing ramp can be lengthened slightly and somewhat re-enforced, then the feeding problems as well as the broken barrel might just go away.

While I don't have any idea of what laws exist in the U.K. regarding replacement modelgun parts and their manufacture, I don't know if the tooling cost would ever pay for itself as the market in the U.K. might be too small for the re-enforced aluminum barrels to sell well. Now, if you made them for your own enjoyment that would be different as i do that myself and the tooling is always good for other cool projects that you might dream up and that's worth the "tooling up".
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:51 pm

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

Hi guys, I never thought that is a good idea to discuss openly the modication of modelgun into chambering real rounds.

My personal opinions are modelguns are great fun, but when you mention messing it with live rounds then this will make us all modelgun fan get into trouble. The lawmaker will then have a second look at this TOYS then ban them once and for all.

This has already happened in Taiwan where some guys started modify their modelgun to fire real bullets. Not only with the Wah San metal made one but the Japanese plastic made one as well. They change the barrel, modify the interior and stuffs.

Just like some Hong Kong airsoft site they won't allow discussion modification of their airsoft gun over the legal allowed power limit.

So we don't want to deliver another message to the society that we are playing dangerous toys here. A wrong thing to do. Well just my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:51 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Good point weekf and one we should take on board, however i think the boys are talking about dummy rounds for display but that could easily be mistaken by the anti gun brigade.
Hellfire, i asked about machines and tools for making my own spares a while back as this is an area i would like to get into. At the moment as long as the parts were made from a weak material and obviously designed for a "toy" then i think everything would be OK as the guns themselves are legal at the moment.
Trouble may arise after the VCR bill as i think that will cover the making of a replica as well, its going to be complecated as we will still be able to buy spare parts (supposingly) but it could still come under "making".

Mark, that sounds like a possibility as to the problems with the feeding and barrel, however my barrel broke at the lug part under the chamber, which is where the USP and my KSC 93R barrels broke. One side of the lug just shears off.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Live rounds has not and would not be mentioned.

You've completely misinterpreted the question weekf.

Claymore, nail on the head and all that Purely from a presentation point of view.

Apart from the fact we're all law abiding genuine enthusiasts, I know enough about firearms etc to know, as I'm sure everyone here does also, that if a live round were fired through anything remotely resembling a modelgun made from abs, the results would be catastrophic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Works Glock 17   Tanaka Works Glock 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka Works Glock 17
Page 1 of 1