MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag! Empty
PostSubject: My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!   My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:29 pm

*** Originally posted by fendy ***

Hey everyone, I have my first modelgun, the massive metal Marushin "Clint 1" AutoMag! I got it from Francky, shipping from Japan destroyed the wooden box, front clasp was broke off, hinges were broke off and missing screws, and the lid was scratched very badly (I think the Post Office was playing kickball with it...makes me feel like going Postal on them!). Francky said he would refund the shipping charge (hasn't yet, but I'm sure he will, right Francky?). So, I went about trying to salvage what was left of the box, I cut out the scratched up lid and put in plexiglass. I replaced the hinges and painted the box black with two coats of clear, and then I lined the foam insert with purple satin fabric. I still have to replace the front clasp. So, what do you think? Not to bad of a salvage job, the lid still has flaws, but i think it's O.K.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!   My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:29 pm

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

nice piece fendy

shame about the "postal incident"

dont forget though ....it my be a nice display piece........but be sure to load her up and pull the trigger every once in a while
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!   My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Ah! my favourite thats a great gun for a first model and you must fire it, though i have to say it goes full auto at times (which is interesting) well at least mine does, i think cutting down one of the recoil springs may stop this.
knightmare about the box and i am suprised, as everything i have received from Francky has been very well packaged and so protected but we all now in the UK that anything fragile sent in our post is bound to get a good kicking.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!   My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 pm

*** Originally posted by fendy ***

I do want to fire it, where is the best place to get the 7mm caps?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

errrrrm

id say francky

but as your in the us.......... perhaps mark is best qulified to answer that !
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!   My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:31 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the job that you have done on the box there Fendy. It looks great. I think that I actually prefer it to the box that the gun was originally supposed to come in. I would suggest though, that as you have that perspex lid, so that you can see the gun which looks supurb, and I really like what you have done with the decal, that you should get some real look cartridges, or a few dummy rounds to use as a display piece. This would really set it off nicely. As Claymore has already said though, this gun can go full auto on you, so just be warned. I wasnt expecting that the first time that I fired mine, and I nearly shit myself. It was pretty cool though!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!   My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:31 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

It's not really suprising that the heavy, all zinc marushin AutoMag can occasionally "go fullauto" as the bolt acts much like a hammer as it chambers a cartridge. If it chambers with too much violence it can fire the cap prematurely. These modelguns are on the ragged edge of reliability in firing due to the heavy bolt assy slamming back and forth. If the cartridges aren't loaded correctly it will go off at the wrong time.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!   My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:32 pm

*** Originally posted by reemo ***

Beautiful job man!

I almost bought that gun when Francky had it posted - glad you got it! Looks great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!   My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first Modelgun.....The metal Marushin Clint 1 AutoMag!
Page 1 of 1