MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Empty
PostSubject: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by jim

Now something exciting from the not so lively modelgun world - since Tanaka decided not to reproduce this one (or maybe Tanaka already sold the molds to CAW) - here comes the Type 100 SMG (Japan's Bergmann MP18 clone).

Courtesy of noda-ya.com:

CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Type100mp-m

At first I didn't really appreciate the look of it but after seeing the pic shown above I just want to get one...

Available in HK right now, I'll check it out from the gun shop over this weekend (only 120 were made this time round) and if I get it I'll try to make a review out of it.

This is a dummy model though...
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Mark

I would love to get one of these rare modelguns! The downside is of course, the price! The type 100 is a very fascinating firearm and a very fascinating modelgun as well. I am not sure that Tanaka ever made a firing version of this modelgun they might have all been display only models.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by jim

Hi Mark CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_biggrin ,

Since CAW is relatively new in terms of making fully assembled modelguns (for those who haven't heard of this maker before: they mainly made parts for airsoft/modelgun before), so it is wise for them to make dummy models to test the water (as to see when the hidden faults appear such as the weak spring problem on their Colt .45 I'd mentioned on my other post) before working on the firing models.

Don't mean to be sarcastic - but nowadays whoever release a new modelgun people will just go for it - not much of a choice really...

From the look of the wood stock from G&G's website I've to say this CAW version might not be as good as Tanaka's I'm afraid...

Anyway I'll just get a hold of it when I visit the shop over this weekend (hope it won't out of stock before my visit) and see if it's worthwhile...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by jim

For some reasons I missed out visiting the gun shop over the weekend so I've to look for another time...possibly next weekend & it might be gone!

Maybe I'll wait for the blowback version then...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Mark

That's too bad Jim. Do you have any idea how much they are asking for the CAW?

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by jim

Well...they're selling it for HKD$6000 as online price (i.e. USD$774 / GBP 381 / JPY 88584...) but walk-in sales usually means HKD$200~$300 cheaper.

In Japan it cost at least JPY 95,000 so I really don't know how the HK shops manage to do their business (although I was told cheaper rent/labour, lack of sales tax in HK as well as bulk orders helped them reduce the cost...) but I think only one's in stock (dealer sample maybe...) so after selling this one off the next one will cost more...then it's time to ask our great Francky or Shazhib for help (especially when talking about these limited pieces most of it stays in Japan).
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by shazhib

If you really want one, you'd better hurry.
I heard CAW bought some parts from Tanaka and made this model this time.

Actually, I got one!

I don't think there is another production. This could be a final final. when I see an instruction manual of CAW Type 100, there is no price list next to a description of parts which is quite unusual. This also imply there isn't really an extra parts.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by jim

So I finally realise this isn't exactly a Bergmann MP18 copy after all (at least the shape of the mag is different)...

Another weird thing is that even at this point the CAW website only mentioned this gun with just 2 lines - no pics, no details, nothing...

Don't know will there be any firing kit in the future (for those who knows nothing about the kit - by buying the kit people can convert their dummy to fire)...hope this isn't a sign of another maker closing down (NO!)...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by jim

When I finished work in China around sunset last Saturday I rushed to the Gun Street in HK for the Japanese SMG and I saw this:

CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG 1809265654_eb6a942ddc
A pre-owned Tanaka Ruger Mini-14 in silver finish - 40% off from the original price (but I believe the original price - HKD$8000 - is a bit too high for a used modelgun with only 4 rounds left without box/instruction):

CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG 1808419365_091c70dab9
Some rust on the clip but I can live with it...

CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG 1809266426_c0f84d5aa1

CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG 1808420687_19231235da

I could only choose one so I'd decided to pick this one because this is the only one left and for the CAW SMG there're two - one from each shop and one of them have a huge dent on the left side of the wood stock just on top of the trigger.

And frankly speaking, to me this Mini-14 is more appealing - the Type 100 SMG looks like a MP41 and Sterling mix...my house is now full of guns so I don't know if I'll let this one go...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG   CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAW Re-release Japan's Type 100 SMG
Page 1 of 1