MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin PPK/s Strip Down

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

ppk strip down - Marushin PPK/s Strip Down Empty
PostSubject: Marushin PPK/s Strip Down   ppk strip down - Marushin PPK/s Strip Down Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Dartec

Hi,

Has anybody any tips as I have difficulty when stripping and re-assembly my PPK/s. I just haven't got the knack and it takes a lot of fiddling before the slide comes off or goes back on.

Please, could some one adivise the best way or what 'aligning' do I need to do so it just pops off or back on?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin PPK/s Strip Down   ppk strip down - Marushin PPK/s Strip Down Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Spencerman

Well, I couldnt comment on the Marushin model, but you should just have to pull downwards on the trigger guard, and then draw the slide back and upwards at the same time, and it should just pop off. It is a similar motion to many blank firers for stripping. With the real gun it could be a little fiddly due to the tension on the springs etc. but model guns and blank guns have no where near that sort of tension, so it shouldnt prove too difficult. The only thing that may be worth checking is on the right hand side of the frame with the slide off whether anything is protruding farther than usual on the trigger mechanism. The parts on the left I doubt will have much affect on the slide removal, only going back on.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin PPK/s Strip Down   ppk strip down - Marushin PPK/s Strip Down Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Dartec

Cheers Spencerman.

Yes it looks easy in the pictures bujt I slide back the slide and pull up but have not yet done it in one smooth operation.

It sort of happens due to repeated fiddling about, not good plus worried about breaking anything.

Just had a job on putting a new part in today. Will have to keep practicing, probably.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin PPK/s Strip Down   ppk strip down - Marushin PPK/s Strip Down Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Spencerman

The slide release (the pull up part) happens toward the end of the initial pull. I would imagine that the model version is pretty close to the real thing as they often seem to be as much as is practical. I would suggest that when you get it to lift up, before removing the slide, put it back on, so as to create a see saw type motion. Off, then back on, off, then back on. This way you will get a feel for where abouts the lift should be. You can also see it as a break in the channel that the slide slides on once it is removed. I hope that this helps, I would hate to confuse. here are a couple of pics:

ppk strip down - Marushin PPK/s Strip Down Photo-0077

ppk strip down - Marushin PPK/s Strip Down Photo-0078P

ppk strip down - Marushin PPK/s Strip Down Photo-0079
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin PPK/s Strip Down   ppk strip down - Marushin PPK/s Strip Down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin PPK/s Strip Down
Page 1 of 1