MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VZ61 hudson scorpion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

VZ61 hudson scorpion Empty
PostSubject: VZ61 hudson scorpion   VZ61 hudson scorpion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:08 pm

*** Originally posted by banjoe ***

Have any of you ever had a hudson scorpion that actually worked? They look awesome but I can't get mine to fire more than 2 rounds without jamming.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: VZ61 hudson scorpion   VZ61 hudson scorpion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:09 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

I have seen some video of the Hudson Scorpion firing a very short burst even so, it looks like it still caused problems. The main problem with the Hudson scorpion is and always will be, cartridges. The original cartridges have several faults mostly the piston as well as an archaic case design that has among other gas escape areas, a hole on its side. With so many gas escape areas the blow-back effect is diminished..I noticed that when I had my Scorpion that Marushin Colt "pocket" .25 cartridges fit the magazine as well as the chamber. These cartridges are possibly worth finding/buying to try in this gun.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: VZ61 hudson scorpion   VZ61 hudson scorpion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:09 pm

*** Originally posted by banjoe ***

Do you think that carefully plugging the small hole would be a good start? -Banjoe
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by mark ***

While that might work, it is the rather poorly designed piston/cartridge case seal area that's the ultimate problem. Really, the best solution is to use different cartridges like the Marushin cartridges that I suggested. Cartridge conversions really aren't that hard and can be done with a few tools and some knowledge of the cartridge/detonator relation.

The hole on the Hudson Scorpion's cartridge case could be tricky to fill. However, soldier could be used or epoxy. But, however it is accomplished, it will still be a badly designed cartridge...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VZ61 hudson scorpion   VZ61 hudson scorpion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VZ61 hudson scorpion
Page 1 of 1