MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka Sig P226 Railed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Tanaka Sig P226 Railed Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka Sig P226 Railed   Tanaka Sig P226 Railed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:59 am

Post by bigbshotya

hi everyone just wondering if you could help us out a little,

im looking at buying one of the Tanaka sig sauer p226 railed frames but before i do i was just wondering if anyone of you guys own one and if so what are they like build and realism wise, i had one of the TM airsoft versions and it felt all plasticy, cheap and hollow (if you get what i mean) ,does the model gun version feel solid and well put together?

cheers for any help, i appriciate it very much,

mark
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig P226 Railed   Tanaka Sig P226 Railed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Spencerman

I have the non railed version, and I really like it. The Tanaka cartridges are very reliable I have found, although somewhat fiddly. I got the kit to fire the real look cartridges, but they work crap, and I converted it back. Add to which, they are a slightly different size cartridge to the Tanaka ones, which means that you cannot get the correct number of rounds in the magazine, you end up one short. These kits do not come very well recommeded, unless there is a knack that none of us know of yet to get them working properly. The finish and feel to the gun itself is very nice, so if the railed version is the same, you will be pleased.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig P226 Railed   Tanaka Sig P226 Railed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Mark

Yes, from the information that I have available, the Tanaka "railed frame" is indeed made out of non-Heavy Weight ABS resin. The fact that it was made out of non-HW ABS upset a few modelgun collectors who like the HW versions. The non-HW frame seemed to be a backwards step to many but, the choice of the ABS plastic is better as the HW resin frames would have broken easily in the railed section due to the heavy accessories that might be mounted to them.

The fact that Tanaka choose to make the frames out of the ABS might have been made up with the use of heavier components to keep the weight up. However, I don't have a "railed" P226 to test.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig P226 Railed   Tanaka Sig P226 Railed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka Sig P226 Railed
Page 1 of 1