MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit? Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit?   Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:24 pm

*** Originally posted by jez_jrp ***

I really fancy one of these models, heavyweight or not they look pretty nice.. but I've heard (and indeed read, on this forum) a fair few negative things about the tanaka shells and their dodgy performance.

In your opinion, is it better to fit the mulberry field conversion kit and use MF/MGC 7mm cartridges in it? Would performance and reliability improve?

Also, this probably isn't possible but I can't help wondering if it's possible to bodge an airsoft aluminium slide onto the model gun frame? I don't mind a little creative dremelling to make the breech block & gubbins fit, but has anyone else attempted this?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit?   Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:25 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Actually any bad reviews of the Tanaka have mostly focused on the broken parts like the barrel/trigger assy. Also, the 5mm O-rings are a pain as they are constantly blowing off and their need to be replaced often.

The Mulbery field cartridges just don't seem to work as well as the Tanaka cartridges and they are too expensive. Guns&Guys sells a custom made Tanaka USP that has a zinc slide. I am sure that it is an adapted airsoft unit as I don't think that there is a big enough market to tool up to make special slides for the Tanaka USP modelgun.

So yes, it has been done before.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit?   Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:25 pm

*** Originally posted by jez_jrp ***

ahh I see thanks again for the info. kinda put me off buying a tanaka piece really, think I'll give it a miss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit?   Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka SIG P226 - with or without conversion kit?
Page 1 of 1