MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson's AK47

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson's AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Hudson's AK47   Hudson's AK47 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Mark

The Hudson AK47 would be an impressive modelgun to fire if it where to feed and fire correctly. Both of the Hudson AK's that I have owned (paper cap/plug fire-non-CP) have not fed or fired correctly. Now, the last Hudson AK's (the SE) have several improvements that seem to have corrected many (if not all) of the Hudson AK's problems.

In the video, http://modelgun.hp.infoseek.co.jp//movie/ak47.wmv the Hudson AK SE seems to "run" just fine.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hudson's AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson's AK47   Hudson's AK47 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi Mark,

Your quite correct, the sales ad's I've seen say there are about 90 (if I remember right) modifications on the SE.
That is, I believe, the only video of a Hudson or any other model AK47 around.
It would be great to see a clip of repeated burst fire or a full magazine in full auto.
It's a fabulous looking gun, a sweet running and reliable one would be well worth having.
I've watched all the videos on that site now and we've discussed the abilities of this 'Gun Master'. If he can get them running right, he sure does.

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hudson's AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson's AK47   Hudson's AK47 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by erikthecat

mark wrote:
In the video, http://modelgun.hp.infoseek.co.jp//movie/ak47.wmv the Hudson AK SE seems to "run" just fine.

hi,

my thought on the matter is... never trust a 'sales / promo' video for the plug fire model! is far too easy for the 'seller / manufacturer' to spend many hours and $'s to modify their example to operate flawlessly and make many takes whilst trying to create there perfect sales video.

after they sell the model, then blame miss function on... poor kit assembly, insufficient wearing in, dodgy loading technique, PFC quality, or suspect cleaning procedure by the unfortunate buyer.

i'm NOT bitter honest:)

sorry if i'm ranting in the wrong place, i'm new here and was searching for any early version Hudson AK related posts, and i find this one here ,but it doesn't really seem like the correct place. i am fortunate to own a mis functioning example, has there been a thread on what problems people are experiencing and what fixes have been attempted?

if not i may have to start one.

regards,

GaRy:)

-------------
Hudson AK-47 factory PFC, non functioning obviously.
Maruschin XM177E2 kit PFC, , non functioning obviously.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hudson's AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson's AK47   Hudson's AK47 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Claymore

model gun problems would probably be the place for this thread, not sure about discussion on the AK problems, its been mentioned but so few people own one i dont think anyone has been able to make any comment on this model.
From what i know the chances of getting the old AK to work well are zero, i do someone who made many mods to the gun got it working thewn it stopped and works no more.
The AKSE of course could be different but again i/we know of no one who has bought one to tell us if it works. its one of those models that cost a lot and you know will,be trouble so you stay clear.

Now as you have this model by all means start a thread on the problems section and maybe we can get you ponted in the right direction but i think it will always be a problem gun.

I agree with you on the sales/promo vid by the way it is to easy to take several vids of the gun firing and use the one that actually works. That said many of the models do fire well and most with a little upgrade work fine, AK apart that is.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hudson's AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson's AK47   Hudson's AK47 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:34 pm

Hello Gary (erikthecat) and welcome to the forum!

You're quite right, factory promo videos will without doubt be the result of several "takes" and they are Factory technicians after all!
I find it interesting that not one single video I've seen of the Hudson AK47 fires more than 5 or 6 rounds in one hit.
Could it be the factory can't even manage a magazine full of 30?

I agree with Claymore and I'm sure we would all welcome your experiences and hearing about your problems with your model guns. I started learning quickly once I began to participate here and my enjoyment of the models has been enhanced ten fold.

The Marushin XM177E2 is a favourite amongst us, there are dozens of posts and threads dealing with the problems of getting that one firing so you'll get plenty of help withthat too!

Don't be afraid to ask anything and please share your experiences, we're a friendly bunch and I've always found everyone very helpful.

Cerwyn
picure

Number of posts : 24
Location / Country : Taichung/Taiwan
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Hudson's AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson's AK47   Hudson's AK47 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Weird thing is, the AK is on the semi auto position and yet it fires on full auto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hudson's AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson's AK47   Hudson's AK47 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson's AK47
Page 1 of 1