MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goodwill on this Forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Goodwill on this Forum Empty
PostSubject: Goodwill on this Forum   Goodwill on this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Phobus

I just wanted to post this as a way of saying thank you to the many members on here who have been so helpful to me .
I have been around the forum for a couple of years - as a guest at first then as a member .
There is such a wealth of knowledge and experience here , and I have found that people will often go out of their way to help and advise newcomers .
This hobby is difficult to get into - no shops no magazines no members clubs .
All thanks to Mark for giving us MP40 because without it where would we be ?

Phil D on here recently sent me a part for my blank firer and would not take any money off me Goodwill on this Forum Icon_redface his advice and help was invaluable as regards the re build .

Others like Cerwyn and Claymore have always been quick to offer help and advice and encouragement when getting that DAMN M 16 A1 to fire right was little more than a pipedream .

( What do you mean " was ?" Goodwill on this Forum Icon_lol )

I also really like the international aspect of the forum , and how we can talk to people in Japan , Hong Kong etc who can provide more insight into the origin of our models . I also like information about legality issues and was gobsmacked to find countries with more draconian laws than ours !! Like no firing pins on B.Firers in Japan and not being allowed blanks for their modelguns . Goodwill on this Forum Icon_confused

I was VERY surprised to find interest in modelguns in USA ! We in UK are always led to believe that real guns are so prevalent there why would you want models ? Perhaps that is no longer the case ? Models are easier and cheaper I guess but had I the OPTION of owning a REAL Colt .45 or a Wa Shan copy I know where my money would go .

Just going back on topic . I just wanted to say thank you again to mark and to all the other regular contributers for making this Forum so interesting and informative .

Regards CARL.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Goodwill on this Forum   Goodwill on this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by ljerr2

Well, I can say my interest started from the ability to have a full-auto toy. I have many real firearms, but of course, I cannot own a fully automatic weapon here in the US. With model guns, I can - sort of! Besides, with no projectile and the reasonable sound output of these models, I can play with one indoors and not feel like I am being irresponsible.
Like I said, it all started with a full-auto interest. I now enjoy the collector aspect of these items, as they are not common over here in the States. How else could I own a full-auto Uzi, M4A1, Tommy Gun, M11, etc?
All of the members here, Claymore, Francky, Shazhib, and others have been very helpful in many ways with information, models, and parts.
Thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Goodwill on this Forum   Goodwill on this Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by 2sharp

I totally agree, this place is great Goodwill on this Forum Icon_smile

It's the perfect pastime to hang-out here and read, learn and share excitement!

My model gun is growning as is my knowledge and that makes it a truly enjoyable experience.

Thanks to all that contributes to this forum, not the least to Mark for hosting it Goodwill on this Forum Icon_smile

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodwill on this Forum   Goodwill on this Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goodwill on this Forum
Page 1 of 1