MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burst Fire on Modelguns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Burst Fire on Modelguns Empty
PostSubject: Burst Fire on Modelguns   Burst Fire on Modelguns Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by MadMike

As most of you will know real selective fire weapons often have a burst mode for 3 round fire bursts too. Most new weapons have four modes, the M16A2/A4 has safe - semi - burst. This was introduced with the A2 upgrade as studies showed that full auto used in a wrong way with an assault rifle was only a waste of ammo. An assault rifle is no LMG and is not well suited for long automatic fire.
Anyway most carbines used by US special forces are full automatic versions as these soldiers are highly trained and masters of fire discipline, and they need full auto for room clearing or cover fire from time to time.
Sadly there are no modelgun SMGs or assault rifles with 3 round burst, only the KSC Beretta 93R, which is an impressing modelgun.

Hobby Fix made a M4A1 Carbine and a M16A4 rifle a few years ago. Although they are dummy models only, HF sold the M16A4 with "3-round-burst fire control" (see the box below):

Burst Fire on Modelguns HF-M15-2

I would love to compare the fire mechanism of the HF M4 and M16 to see if there are differences. Judging from what I have heard about HF I am quite sure there is ...
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Burst Fire on Modelguns   Burst Fire on Modelguns Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Jim

That's why HF makes dummy modelguns - nobody can handle to make a firing M16/M4 modelgun with 3-round-burst at the moment...

If somebody can overcome this then I'm sure a pfc MP5 will be on the card...
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Burst Fire on Modelguns   Burst Fire on Modelguns Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by ljerr2

Oh, to only have an MP5 model gun..................................it sure would be nice.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Burst Fire on Modelguns   Burst Fire on Modelguns Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:09 pm

I just wanted to add some extra information on the 3 round burst mechanism. As far as I know, the HobbyFix M16A4 is the only modelgun featuring this mechanism. I have not seen a HF M16A4 myself, but I would expect HF to replicate the mechanism as closely as possible.

See this link to see how the burst mechanism works:

http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/function/burst/

Anyway the burst mechanism that was introduced with the M16A2 in the 1980s has some flaws too: The trigger group does not reset when the trigger is released. If the user releases the trigger between the second and third round of the burst, for example, the next trigger pull would only result in a single shot. Even in semi-automatic mode, the trigger group mechanism affects weapon handling. With each round fired, the trigger group cycles through one of the three stages of the burst mechanism. Worse, the trigger pull at each of these stages may vary as much as 6 lbs. in pressure differential, detracting from accuracy.

I really would love to get more information about the HF M16A4. I was told it was produced in very few numbers (under 100) and the moulds were reworked to make the M4A1, so there will be no second production run. Although the burst mechanism may be considered pointless on a dummy only modelgun I would be very interested in it.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK

PostSubject: Re: Burst Fire on Modelguns   Burst Fire on Modelguns Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Ah that's how it works scratch
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)

PostSubject: Re: Burst Fire on Modelguns   Burst Fire on Modelguns Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Let me just post a few pics of the Hobby Fix M16A4. It is very rare (approx. 160 pieces only). I also post a pic of a real M16A4. The current M16s the US military uses are either Colt or FN. I hope you enjoy the pics.

Burst Fire on Modelguns M16a4-1

Burst Fire on Modelguns M16a4-2

Burst Fire on Modelguns M16a4-6

Burst Fire on Modelguns M16a4-3

Burst Fire on Modelguns M16a4-4

Burst Fire on Modelguns Colt_M16A4_2220_small

Burst Fire on Modelguns Colt_M16A4_2219_small
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burst Fire on Modelguns   Burst Fire on Modelguns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burst Fire on Modelguns
Page 1 of 1