MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Empty
PostSubject: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by 2sharp

Pretty much as the title says What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_smile

What are your plans for modelgun shopping or modifying for this year?

My shopping list:
1. Thompson M1 - maker to be decided later.
2. Mac 11 - MGC full kit.
3. Marushin MP-40 kit, and maybe the new HW edition. (might also look into an all-steel/all-metal MP40)
4. PPSh - Hudson.
5. Vz 61 - Hudson.

..list is still growing, incomplete and not really in order... what's for sure is that there will be more modelguns bought!!

Besides that i'll work in getting all of my modelguns up and running, will need to get replacement parts for some models and just tinker and toy with the rest.

I will also dedicate more time to take photos and do reviews and maybe some trouble-shooting guides for this forum What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_smile

So, what are your modelgun plans for 2008!?

What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_smile

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Claymore

Ah! well thats the question it all depends on how i can get models legally now (and i am trying to sort that out at the moment) looking at the airsoft side it seems business as usual and the government dont seem to be bothered and if you are a airsofter it seems no distinction is made between airsoft and modelguns, but will have to wait and see a little longer just to make sure
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by shazhib

claymore,

I am very sympathic to what VCR brought you guys, but.......cannot resisit to list what I want......forgive me.

My list (not necessary in order of priority)

- Tanio Koba 1911 (if that really happens)
- CAW 51 Navy
- HWS SW victory model
- Madsen smg
- Hudson Sten
- Marushin HW High Power (coming in 2008)
- Marushin Enfield Police (coming in 2008)
- Marushin M712 (maybe,maybe)
- Marushin HW MP40 (maybe,maybe,maybe)

Likewise 2Sharp, will spend more time to enhance the look or do some adjustment of owned model as well.

S
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:29 pm

I Agree Claymore, so far, the only route I've found to buy legally is through an Airsoft Retailer. I haven't asked him if he would sell me a Modelgun though... I wonder???
Airsoft guns aren't a problem as long as you're registered with a Site.
It's a matter of finding a dealer that'll sell more than anything. Private Imports of complete replicas isn't really working out (for me anyway).

I think 2008 will be spent tinkering with the models I have already. Slowly but surely they're getting into reasonable working order so that'll be an accomplishment in itself What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_biggrin
If the possibility came along though I'd really like an all-metal pfc MP40 and a AK47 but it would have to be the SE to have any hope of getting it working. What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_wink
I've finally come 'round to the idea that a Stirling would be nice!

I'm enjoying myself immensely writing these Guides so that'll take up months as it is!

Hopefully 2sharpe and some of you other chaps might find some time and do one or two too. With the variety of model guns out there we could build up a Reference Library What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_wink

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Spencerman

Well, personally I plan to get as many different guns as possible, thanks to the vcr bill. I was always happy getting what models I wanted when I could afford or get them. Now, I want to get more. I dont really care what they are anymore either, I just want them because, maybe be it a little childish, because someone else has told me no. I hope to get a 30 round magazine for my Marushin XM177 What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_wink should anyone have one that they no longer require. I also hope to be able to get a 32 round magazine for my Glock 17 What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_wink again if anyone has one. Then, time permitting, I am hoping to write a couple of reviews, sort out the problems I have with my Marushin Peacemaker and turn that into the gun I always wanted it to be, that or paperweight the thing. At this point I might like to mention that if anyone was planning on maybe doing a strip down guide for a Colt SAA then I personally would find that quite handy. I also plan to get, one way or another, some sort of MP5. All that, plus beer and women, I have no idea just how I shall fit it all in! What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_lol
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Mark

I think that i will continue to design and later, make a MP5 PDW modelgun using airsoft components as well as home made parts. I also intend to obtain more accessories for modelguns (stocks, magazines, cartridges..etc)

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:31 pm

I've also got my MP41 in need of some serious tweaking to get working. Hopefully that'll be a nice looking model once its sorted.

I never did get around to trying to get muzzle flash from short barrel automatic mgs like the Grease Gun and the MAC11 (probably best contender that one) so that's another project...

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by MadMike

Well, I have two or three models on my wishlist, but they will be almost impossible to find and very expensive.

I have a MGC Ingram (parts missing) and a Marushin UZI and XM177E2 (both not igniting) here that need work, so I will try to find the time finally ...
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by richard jones

Nothing thanks to the Bastard Government-Happy New Year What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_twisted What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_twisted What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_twisted What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_twisted What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???   What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What will you Buy, Make or Modify in 2008???
Page 1 of 1