MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modelguns in Taiwan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Modelguns in Taiwan Empty
PostSubject: Modelguns in Taiwan   Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Jim

Spent 3 days in Taipei last month and even though modelguns are banned since 2005 I'd still managed to find something related...

Knowing that I wouldn't find anything modelgun-related I'd stumbled into a hobby shop by chance and found these (I'd to take these photos like a spy in case the grumpy shopkeeper found out...)

Modelguns in Taiwan SL380027
First of all a slide/barrel set of Wa Shan's M1911A1 with red barrel bushing (same case for the US - to distinguish it as a toy gun).

Noticed the warning sticker on the slide which literally means: "Warning! This part is only for use as indoor entertainment, appreciation, and decoration purposes. Carrying it to public places are prohibited, in order to avoid committing the Social Order Maintainence Act".

Even though HK & Taiwan shares the same language (different dialect though) but sometimes Taiwan's legal terms (as well as their legal definitions) can make things more confusing...but still, they're more clearer than the Communist (sorry for getting political again).

Modelguns in Taiwan SL380028
Assorted Wa Shan parts - a black PPK slide (TWD$550), a M19 2.5" barrel (with muzzle in red), and a metal cylinder for M19 (with clear chamber).

Modelguns in Taiwan SL380030

Modelguns in Taiwan SL380031
This is a Taiwanese made pfc barrel for Beretta M92F with detonator. The plastic used for this barrel is more stronger than the Japanese ABS barrel.

Modelguns in Taiwan SL380029
Finally a MGC M93R - although an airsoft, but I upload this pic as to show how replica pistols looked like in Taiwan before 2003 when either the barrel or the slide were to be in bright red / orange.

I was once offered a Marushin Beretta M92F back in 2002 and at the time it was required that every replica pistol (be it airsoft or modelgun) have to be fitted with Taiwanese made red plastic slide/barrel - I was told if I bought it they would replace the red parts with original barrel/slide for free - which means only the "samples" on the display window followed the law...

Here are some of the pics from an old magazine showing the Japanese modelguns available in Taiwan back in the early 90s (all without the red parts so they were regarded as illegal back then...but it seems the police didn't worked too much on it...)
Modelguns in Taiwan DSC09207
Modelguns in Taiwan DSC09204
Modelguns in Taiwan DSC09205

Finally...what I'd only bought this time modelgun-related is this:
Modelguns in Taiwan DSC09181
Ironically I bought a Japanese book (published 2006) in Taiwan which I couldn't find elsewhere (even Japan)!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns in Taiwan   Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:09 am

Post by vernonsmith

haha may I just ask Jim how the hell did you manage to take those photos? wasn't the shopkeeper there while you took it?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns in Taiwan   Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:09 am

Post by 2Sharp

I still find it x-tremely fascinating that you can just walk into a store and look at modelguns, or any other accessories relating to them.

Thanks for sharing those pics, someday i'll go on a vacation and visit a modelgun shop Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_smile (and leave broke...)

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns in Taiwan   Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:10 am

Post by fujijon

You'll make great spy !
Interesting - do you get to Taiwan often ?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns in Taiwan   Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Jim

Hi everyone - I think I should elaborate on this...

With some noise around the shop / the grumpy shopkeeper talking on the phone sounded mad / being the only one remained inside the hobby shop / a glass shelf giving some kind of cover / a gift redemption of a brand new Korean made "SAXSUXX" compact digital camera from the credit card company in which the shutter sound can be turned off provided me the opportunity to take these shots in seconds...I highly recommend this camera to all the peeping toms and pervs out there... Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_lol

Wa Shan used to have a flagship shop several levels under this hobby shop (for those who had been to Taipei before the name of this mall is "The Lion Building" located in Ximen Ding) with several branches around Taiwan - not anymore... Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_sad

From what I've learnt, Wa Shan guns are still available in Taiwan but the top part of the gun (i.e. the barrel/slide/bolt) will be in plastic and it's almost impossible to get it in the capital Taipei since most shops are angry with Wa Shan and they don't want to get into trouble as they're the main cause for the modelgun ban in Taiwan.

To all of you here: Taiwan isn't a modelgun-friendly (?)country(?) (according to Communist China this is a province) anymore so if you're looking for anything modelgun-related you'll be gravely disappointed...please come to HK or better still - Japan!

I haven't been to Taiwan for 3 years and it's nice to visit Taiwan the Democratic China once again - I can feel the freedom in the air unlike HK / China / Singapore...and not to offend our UK friends here but when I stayed temporarily in London last year as transit between HK & Switzerland I felt some kind of pressure around...maybe it's all the rules and the bans make me feel this way...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns in Taiwan   Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:11 am

Post by fujijon

Hi ,
I agree - London ans all UK even in rural villages there is a sense of heaviness ....new Laws every day - no coomon sense !
Its bad being a Model Gun collector - even toy gun collector now !!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns in Taiwan   Modelguns in Taiwan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modelguns in Taiwan
Page 1 of 1