MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Empty
PostSubject: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:37 pm

*** Originally posted by tiksom ***

I'm trying to decide which revolver would serve me best. I'm interested in a "movie look", ability to spin the cylinder (a la russian roulette), metal-like look&touch.

Based on the look at photos I have narrowed down the choice to either M10 FBI (shorter than Military) or M36 Chief Special (2 inch).

As I don't have an opportunity to check/handle either of them, could you please advise me if there are any technical or practical differences between those models?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:37 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

Personally I prefer the model 10, although I like the 4inch, not the 3inch barrel. The reason that I like this gun is because it was the first gun that I learnt to shoot with, therefor it holds a special place in my heart. I think that at the end of the day, there is probably not very much seperating the two guns from each other, so I would say that go with the one that you like the look of best. They do not fire, so accuracy etc is not a factor, and most new models work rather well out of the box, so, I would still go with the model 10.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:37 pm

*** Originally posted by john ***

M10 is 6 rounds and M36 is 5 rounds. M10 is heavier & so feels better. M36 is smaller & so it is best in concealment.
If you have a ralatively big hand, better go with M10.
If you have a relatively small hand, M36 is better. M36, especially the chrome version suits ladies the best, among all pistols.
Just my personal feeling.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:38 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Ugg REVOLVERS! Actually, they are somewhat interesting after dealing with semi and full auto modelguns all of the time. Although I don't have any model revolvers at this point I might have to get one someday. Perhaps a Kokusai S&W M29 or the M19..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:38 pm

*** Originally posted by francky1958 ***

there are completely different revolvers as their capacity of rounds, size and style. anyway, there are cool!!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:39 pm

*** Originally posted by tiksom ***

Thank you all for so many helpful answers in just one day :-)

Based on your additional information I will rather go for the M10 FBI:
- I have quite big hands, I can comfortably hold a Desert Eagle,
- I'm not a lady ;-)
- six round capacity seems more "right" for a revolver. It's an extra shot/fun as well,
- it's heavier so it should handle better, adding to realism,
- short barrel is more convenient and looks more modern to me (probably a movie influence). A long one would add accuracy in a real weapon, and have an older, "western" look. In PFC model the short, open barrel should have an advantage of more sparks/smoke going out the front.

After using semi-auto PFC pistols and various airsoft replicas a revolver is going to be a nice change :-)

As far as I can see wooden grips are advised by a lot of people.
If the cylinder is real-size, would it hold deactivated .38 rounds, for display? I'm not sure if the detonator requires a hole, but as the rounds are rotated (not slid) into the right position, I don't think this is a limitation.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:39 pm

*** Originally posted by rizzo ***

Go for the M10. Always liked the look of the FBI special
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:40 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

With the new plastic revolver series, the detonator is in the end of the catridges, and they are full size, so display rounds can also be used in these models. One of the main questions relates not so much to the grips, but to the grip spacer (see the review section for more details) and whether or not to leave it on or take it off.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:40 pm

*** Originally posted by gatling ***

The M10 Military/Police revolver has to weight a little more than the FBI as the barrel is longer.
I have considered buying this gun as it looks quite cool and I don't have any model gun revolvers. I would prefer a bigger gun though.
Anyone know how this metal fillings HW looks/feels?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Gatling,

The Heavy Weight (HW) modelguns are cool to the touch plus they are usually very heavy especially compared to the standard ABS models. So, I doubt that any of the revolvers that are molded out of HW plastics would disappoint anyone handling them.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:41 pm

*** Originally posted by gavin ***

the model 10 does look nicer than the m36 but i think the police/military would be nicer
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:41 pm

*** Originally posted by jay851 ***

i have the m10 shw 4" bull barrel and weight wise it feels o.k but is still relatively 'light',so i have ordered the same model in full metal (gold colour).i will have some polishing to do to get rid of the gold but it will be worth it to have a full metal one.

Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? DSCN1185
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:42 pm

i actully think the gold looks prety nice i am planing on getting a metal revolver but i think i will leave it gold
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:43 pm

yep mate each to their own.i like the gold finish on the marushin lugers and m712 as it is a dull finish but i find the kokusai gold a little to 'bling bling'.ask francky what ever you decide as he will get you a good price.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:43 pm

yeh it does suit the lugers m712 and short revolvers but it would look tacky on full metal rifles machine guns autimatic pistols (tommy guns aks 1911) whos for a full metal gold glock
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 pm

*** Originally posted by rizzo ***

Gatling wrote:
The M10 Military/Police revolver has to weight a little more than the FBI as the barrel is longer.
I have considered buying this gun as it looks quite cool and I don't have any model gun revolvers. I would prefer a bigger gun though.
Anyone know how this metal fillings HW looks/feels?

It looks fantastic. Really good, but to me it feels fairly light. THe m10 has a nice heft when loaded, but to me it definately FEELS plastic.

However, friends who have held it have gawped when i said it was plastic, so...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 pm

jay i just noticed that the m10 in the picture has 357 cartridges with it i thought the m10 used 38s
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

the autsol does take a bit of elbow to get off but the end results are worth it.
gavin...yes the heavyweight m10 that i have came with .357 carts aswell,not quite sure why as its advertised as .38 spl.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:45 pm

*** Originally posted by john ***

Please take a look on the markings on the barrel of the "M10". Is it marked .38 SPL or .357?
It seems to me if the markings is .357, it should be M13, even though both M10 & M13 are K frame.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:45 pm

is the picture of the actual gun you are getting and it just has wrong markings or did you just use a difrent picture
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:46 pm

That I believe is an actual picture of the Kokusai that you would receive if you ordered one Gavin. Some of the markings that MGC,KSC,Marushin, Kokusai etc. uses are sometimes incorrect (wrong calibre,spelled wrong etc) from the factories.

The markings like the model numbers 10, 13 etc. that Smith&Wesson use to denote the calibre should be hard to mess up. That might stem from some other misunderstanding. The Kokusai modelguns always seem to be very nicely made and finished so, it is a wonder why they might have misunderstood the calibre/model numbers....
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:47 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

The S&W M19 is a great gun, i had a real one it was the the first gun i bought in fact. I have bought the snub nosed version but its the 6 inch one i want both metal and abs, the abs snubby by kokusai looks great, its not blued but the finish still looks good i think it must have metal powder in because it looks like a dull metal finish. Kokusai have just released a 6 inch version in this HW abs but i asked Francky about which abs one to get he thinks the HWS make one is the better gun, i am hoping to pick up both plastic and metal version i the next couple of months i will then have a replica model of all the guns i have owend for real, or used dont think i can get a replica of the FN SLR though.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:47 pm

no you cant get a replica slr the only way you can get one is by getting a deac theres quite a few about but over priced i was looking at the wa shan version it looksa like its got a nice finish what guns have you owned
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

The S&W M19 is a great gun and I too have owned a real version of it too. The Kokusai looks and most likely feels the same as the real gun too. I am not sure that I have seen one, but, someone did make a FN FAL modelgun. I know that in one of the adds in the gun magazines that I have, has a add from the collectors armory that does show the FN FAL as being a display dummy. I always wondered who made it? And, where they produced in any great numbers?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:48 pm

are denix any good i have never heard of them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next