MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:20 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Doc, its only the small bolt part that anyone would need for the uzi as the bolt carrier is fine and does not seem to wear or get damaged where as the removable piece wear's hellishly quick and are prone to break.

The prices you quote would be fine for me as i would be happy to pay that for something i would never have to change again but i would not complain if it was cheaper.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:20 pm

*** Originally posted by reemo ***

Hudson Thompson Bolt - Hudson Thompson Bolt - Hudson Thompson Bolt - Hudson Thompson Bolt - Hudson Thompson Bolt - Hudson Thompson Bolt - Hudson Thompson Bolt - Hudson Thompson Bolt -

Yeah, I agree there is a need here.....I'd buy them.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by mark ***

After some thought on the matter, any of the replacement barrels for the MGC MP40 or the .45's would be difficult as they might run into government interference problems in some countries they might not pass certain countries regulations on barrels especially, if they where made out of steel or aluminum alloy and they had a hole through them for the gas to escape.

The only way i think that replacement barrels would be legal in most countries is to make them just like the originals: Cast them out of zinc alloy with a partially blocked bore. (a cast in piece of carbide rod) That way, the barrels are legal replacements and would not incur the occasional armed response...

I think that if the MGC MP40 barrel was to be reproduced, it would be great to cast it just like the original MP40's barrel with the front sight blade/sight base being removable as well as the threaded muzzle and, perhaps make the muzzle end 9mm in diameter w/fake rifling like the Marushin MP40 barrel. Perhaps even make it with fake waffenampts/proofmarks/makers stamps...

Unfortunately, that would be an expensive to tool up for replacement barrel that would have to sell at a rather high price to recoup the tooling cost.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:21 pm

*** Originally posted by francky1958 ***

I think i need gas bypass at least not to be entire solid blocked one.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:22 pm

*** Originally posted by jez_jrp ***

Hi all new to the forum... this seemed like a good thread for my first post!

As far as custom things go, I think the model gun community is READY for a full-size 12g semi/pump tactical shotgun. It seems to me that there's easily enough room in a real-sized 12g shell to have a multiple-cap blowback system... it would surely work. Plenty of room for caps and big meaty pistons.

It's so hard finding a decent modern shotgun prop. Airsoft stuff just doesn't cut it and the existing model guns just aren't "right". They're either too small (MGC) or too old (tanaka).

I lack the resources to build my own, so I'll just have to hope MGC or whoever gets off their backsides and builds a select-fire Benelli M3
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:22 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Nice thought and if they built one i would buy it, a Franchi SPAS would be nice and welcome to the forums
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:23 pm

Jez_JRP wrote:
Hi all Smile new to the forum... this seemed like a good thread for my first post!

As far as custom things go, I think the model gun community is READY for a full-size 12g semi/pump tactical shotgun. It seems to me that there's easily enough room in a real-sized 12g shell to have a multiple-cap blowback system... it would surely work. Plenty of room for caps and big meaty pistons.

It's so hard finding a decent modern shotgun prop. Airsoft stuff just doesn't cut it and the existing model guns just aren't "right". They're either too small (MGC) or too old (tanaka).

I lack the resources to build my own, so I'll just have to hope MGC or whoever gets off their backsides and builds a select-fire Benelli M3 Twisted Evil

Hi jez-JRP,

Welcome to the forums! I am not quite sure that MGC or any other modelgun manufacturer would be interested in making a model shotgun at this time as they are still facing stiff competition from the airsoft manufacturers. So, they usually stick with reproducing their older models due to the fact that they where proven sellers at the time that they where first sold. It is extremely expensive to tool up and produce modelguns that might sell in very limited quantitys.

Now, a Benelli M3 modelgun would sell if it worked properly..Now, the use of multiple caps is illegal in Japan and so the cartridges would have to be made as an aftermarket accessory for the modelgun.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:23 pm

*** Originally posted by jez_jrp ***

Hmm.. I didn't know that. But then, the bolt and main spring seems pretty stiff on the MGC M725, and a mainly plastic shotgun shell would certainly weigh less than a .223 CPHW cartridge... I wonder if they were efficient enough, would they work on 1x 7mm cap?

I'm constantly amazed (it'll wear off soon I'm sure) how such a tiny amount of powder can cycle a bolt and spring that stiff. I bet if a true select-fire tactical shotgun was produced, in proper 1:1 scale, it would sell like hot cakes Enough potential interest from would-be consumers might spur one of the major companies into making one.

And please, just Jez will do fine
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:24 pm

[quote="Jez_JRP"]Hmm.. I didn't know that. But then, the bolt and main spring seems pretty stiff on the MGC M725, and a mainly plastic shotgun shell would certainly weigh less than a .223 CPHW cartridge... I wonder if they were efficient enough, would they work on 1x 7mm cap?

I'm constantly amazed (it'll wear off soon I'm sure) how such a tiny amount of powder can cycle a bolt and spring that stiff. I bet if a true select-fire tactical shotgun was produced, in proper 1:1 scale, it would sell like hot cakes Very Happy Enough potential interest from would-be consumers might spur one of the major companies into making one.

And please, just Jez will do fine
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 617
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:29 pm

I think a .303 Bren gun, model gun would be interesting.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.   What other modelgun parts would people like custom made. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What other modelgun parts would people like custom made.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2