MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC68 MP40 Spare Parts???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11074
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC68 MP40 Spare Parts??? Empty
PostSubject: MGC68 MP40 Spare Parts???   MGC68 MP40 Spare Parts??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by 2sharp

I tried to use the search function but it seems bugged?

I might have a go at a somewhat messed up MGC "68" MP-40.
So, could spareparts be found? Either original MGC parts or whatever really.

I have only briefly examined the gun and the bakelite sides are missing complety, and the barrel underlug is broken.
I think this would be a true project if i ever go though with this MGC68 MP40 Spare Parts??? Icon_biggrin

Any ideas or thoughts would be most welcome.

Oh, any thoughts or ideas regarding value would be interesting too MGC68 MP40 Spare Parts??? Icon_smile

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net Online
kharris
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : California USA
Registration date : 2008-09-18

MGC68 MP40 Spare Parts??? Empty
PostSubject: MGC68 Mp40 Parts   MGC68 MP40 Spare Parts??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:56 pm

MGC68 Mp40 Parts are harder to find than a good woman . But a Real MP 40 Bolt will work in the early 1st eddition model . but needs to be lightend extremly to work properly .
but not a real recoil tube it does not have enough travel when collapsing . Real MP40 Side panels will fit but you need to drill the forward hole in the frame to make them fit . and you will have to grind away the bakalite where the pull knob is to separate the gun halves . it needs alot of work in this area . real pistole grips will work . ALso ABS Marushin MP40 Sides look like they will also work and alot easier to grind than bakalite !
Marushin ABS Receiver tube will fit the MGC68 Frame . A Marushin ABS Bolt will not work in the MGC68 " but i have some ideas about this that may work . " this will be a blessing as you wont have to worry about wearing out the hard to find Zinc Bolt . I have a Metal Marushin MP40 Set up with the ABS Bolt and ABS Recoil Tube . and i'll tell you , you can fire the Crap out of it all day long and if the bolt wears out " WHO CARES " a replacement bolt is only $10.00 and this requires very little work to use the ABS Bolt . This will also work in the later production Marushin MP41s too .
If i come up with an ideal on fitting the MGC68 with the Marushin MP40 Bolt I will Post it on the Fourm . ALso many models were shipped to the US with the Bolts Cut so this will be a blessing if i can get it to work . Hello to one and all on the Fourm . glad to see it up and running with alot of help and hard work from Cerwyn.
Back to top Go down

MGC68 MP40 Spare Parts???
Page 1 of 1