MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Empty
PostSubject: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by 2sharp

Just got an MGC Mac-11 modelgun MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_smile

Definitely one of my favorite guns, rs or modelguns, it is just so cool MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_smile

I can't recall having read very much about these, can anyone help me out on getting this baby up and running?

Parts that tend to break, tricks when loading the cartridges. Really anything and everything you can come to think of regarding this modelgun.

I have more cartridges, one more magazine and a suppressor coming my way in the future.

Any help and ideas is greatly appreciated!

MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_smile

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Hiya 2sharp,

I've only fired mine once since buying it (can you believe that?) and the only thing I can tell you so far is to make sure the cartridge o-rings are well lubricated.
As they're so small, 5mm internal, I found they tend to roll off the piston as they blow back presumably because they stick a little to the bore of the cartridge.
It fires at a helluva rate, one good reason to buy one(!) and throws those little carts everywhere MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin
Mine has slightly bent the guide rod for the bolt, I'm not sure if it was bent when I bought it, or I bent it during assembly or whatever but the bolt is reluctant to move back smoothly now.
I bought a new set of internals off Francky ages ago so just need time to fit them and try again MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Jim

2Sharp,

Although I've never fired my Mac...but here is a tip: don't fire your Mac with the suppressor attached - I think the smoke venting from the muzzle will look better without it.

By stating this I'd remembered the days when modelguns were used for filming in HK (and other places as well) in which both the heroes and the villains all using snub-nosed revolvers because the length of the barrel made the spark and smoke more obvious (and back then only "standard" non-blowback semi-auto-styled pistols were available...)

It might look weird...but do you want a nylon-made shell-catcher (used by some airsofters on their shell-ejecting shotguns) attached around the ejection port in case you don't want to lose or to pick up all 32 rounds after the <2 second burst?

And...as Cerwyn stated before - get a subsonic cleaner for cart cleaning...it's a MUST!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Mark

The MGC made MAC 11 is a fast shootin iron and it has a few issues that Cerwyn alludes to. The first and foremost is the fact that the O-rings are a pain! They like to pop off the piston and distort/split due to pressure and friction.

I might try an experiment on my MAC's cartridges...Super glue on the O-rings...Might not work but, possibly worth it. Keep a box nearby to catch the ejected cartridges as they are small and expensive as well. The recoil spring guide rod is easily bent as well as the ejector as the cartridges hit the ejector rod with some force. The fix for the easily bent ejector rod is to get a small piece of tungsten (Check welding supply shops for "TIG" welder accessories) This is hard stuff and will not bend nor break during use.

Mass amounts of cartridges are required for these little submachine pistols due to their rate of fire. The barrel ramps seem to wear on these guns as well as the magazines feed lips (at least the earlier versions had the issues) tend to be somewhat "soft" and they will bend enough to affect feeding if dropped etc. The ABS/HW bolt faces too will wear out over many cartridges and the extractor starts to get burrs on it almost immediately. I have yet to break anything on my MGC Mac 11's and other than the issues that Cerwyn has stated, i have had good luck with my MAC.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:36 pm

mark wrote:
I might try an experiment on my MAC's cartridges...Super glue on the O-rings...Might not work but, possibly worth it.
The fix for the easily bent ejector rod is to get a small piece of tungsten (Check welding supply shops for "TIG" welder accessories) This is hard stuff and will not bend nor break during use.

Now that's a damn good idea Mark! I might try that myself or better still get Carol to do the Super gluing in case I end up permanently attached to MGC pistons!
That tungsten rod fix sounds good too, Thanks!
Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by 2sharp

Thank you guys MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_smile

I won't fire it that much, but when i do the suppressor will be attached and there will be shells everywhere MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin

The M-11 is coolest ever with the suppressor, never mind any smoke MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin or that i have shells everywhere MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin

All advice is of course sincerely appreciated, i just disregard those that makes my experience less fulfilling MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_lol

Looking forward to firing this!!!

Thanks guys MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_smile

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by jim

2Sharp,

Don't know if you've watched the HK flick "Hard Boiled" before...you might like to pretend to be the singled-eyed killer riding on a mountain bike with a suppressor-attached Mac 11 shooting hundreds of rounds inside the storage...

One kind suggestion (unlike before)...when you're ready to fire your Mac, try to have the ejection port facing the wall (or to something such as soft furniture) so when you fire, the carts hit the wall and then bouncing around therefore gives more movement for the shells instead of just splattering on the floor...OR...try to attach a DV camera with the focus len on the back of the ejection port and then record the carts flying out when you fire...and then most importantly post the video up HERE MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin !
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Mark

The MAC with the suppressor on it is iconic and it is really a required part on the real guns due to safety as well as hearing reasons..Besides, the looks, the suppressor adds to the realism due to the usually quiet modelgun noise level.

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by 2sharp

LOL, oh man, the scene where he is sliding along on the floor is THE "MAC M-11" moment of choice in any MAC fantasy Very Happy
Good idea on the wall/furniture! Just to avoid any confusion i didn't take any advice as unkind Smile
This is definitely one of the most kind and helpful boards that i frequent Smile
jim wrote:
2Sharp,
Don't know if you've watched the HK flick "Hard Boiled" before...you might like to pretend to be the singled-eyed killer riding on a mountain bike with a suppressor-attached Mac 11 shooting hundreds of rounds inside the storage...
One kind suggestion (unlike before)...when you're ready to fire your Mac, try to have the ejection port facing the wall (or to something such as soft furniture) so when you fire, the carts hit the wall and then bouncing around therefore gives more movement for the shells instead of just splattering on the floor...OR...try to attach a DV camera with the focus len on the back of the ejection port and then record the carts flying out when you fire...and then most importantly post the video up HERE Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by 2sharp

I couldn't agree more Mark MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_smile

It has been quite a few years since i fired a MAC, only with suppressor. It's a fast one, so i can just imagine how hard it'd be to fire it without a suppressor to hold on to MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_smile

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Mark

Oh, I also notice that my ejection port on my MGC MAC 11's are fairly scared due to the violent cartridge ejection. That and the cartridge case rims will get dented and otherwise beat up by the ejector rod. What would be nice is to be able to make a soft nylon for the tungsten ejector to keep it from damaging the cartridges. But, i doubt that would ever stay on..

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Claymore

I would suggest getting rid of the cp rounds and change to the open style, all it takes is changing the det pin to an open style one.
The open rounds have a lot of advatages eaier to load and clean for one but they also are a lot more reliable than the cp rounds and that crappy 5mm seal. My open rounds work perfect everytime where as the cp rounds caused me huge problems including breaking a chamber and 2 bolts.
So open rounds for me is the best way to keep this model functioning well.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by 2sharp

claymore wrote:
I would suggest getting rid of the cp rounds and change to the open style, all it takes is changing the det pin to an open style one.
The open rounds have a lot of advatages eaier to load and clean for one but they also are a lot more reliable than the cp rounds and that crappy 5mm seal. My open rounds work perfect everytime where as the cp rounds caused me huge problems including breaking a chamber and 2 bolts.
So open rounds for me is the best way to keep this model functioning well.
Can you by any chance provide me with a picture of both? Smile
Noted on the ejector Mark!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Mark

The only issues that i have with the open cartridges is that they can be hard to find new/used. And, when the chamber/detonator gets "sticky" due to cap residue the gun jams easier with the open cartridges. (lots of rounds) I currently have both versions of the MAC 11 one open cartridge and one CP and they both work great.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Claymore

I do agree mark that sticky det pin can be a problem but i cured that by using silicone grease which gets burned off rather than turning into a sticky mess, as for finding open rounds yes again they can be hard to get hold of but not impossible and francky has been able to get me loads in the past.
I have fired of 4 full mags with the open rounds without any problems where as my cp rounds i never got 1 full mag to fire without a jam.
2 sharp, yep give me a couple of days and i will get some pics of the rounds to you.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by 2sharp

Hey, i was googling about the MAC's, read that it had a safety feature where you could rotate the cocking handle 90 degrees to lock the bolt in the forward position. Thus making it "impossible" to cock it accidently.

I tried it with my MGC and it positively locked the bolt in the forward position when i turned the cocking knob MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_smile

Okok, probably not big news to you guys MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_smile But i just think it is SO mega-cool!!

MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Claymore

thats a new one on me going to have to give that a try
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Doc

yep the bolt lock is cool and I remember finding that out by accident when re assembling one once .
best tip I can give is dont be over rough with the buttstock as I have seen these snap .

DOC

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:47 pm

If the knob's turned around to "Safety" the slot cut thrrough it obscures the front sight so if you were to try "aiming" you'd know instantly if it was in "Fire" or "Safe" too... Neat Idea although why bother accurately aiming a MAC that'll spit out 30 rds of lead in less than 2 seconds MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin

I got mine out last night after reading 2sharps enthusiastic posts MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_wink and thought my bolt was stuck..
The safety switch alongside the trigger stops it being cocked too which I hadn't realised! MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_redface

Rough handling of the stock can knock the backplate and rear sight off the back of the receiver too. I've seen people pull the stock back without flipping the butt part over first. It catches the rear sight and off it comes.
Super Glue sorts it but care wouldn't cause it to happen in the first place!

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Claymore

2sharp as promised a pic of ingram open and cp rounds. sorry for the delay

[img]MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Ingramrounds[/img]
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by fightdesigner

I've only used the open type rounds... only problem I've had is that often the cap won't stay fully wedged in the round, and then the little brass plug in the back falls out and gets lost very easily. Keep losing those darn things.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by korrpi

Place a soft rubber/superlon foam bufferpad (1cm thick) on the back of the reciver to give atleast 30% faster recycle time. My airsoft M11 fires around 2000RPM on a hot day. On the airsoft mac it saves the plastic bolt from kicking itself to pieces.

I'd like to see that with magnesium powder MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin

/OT: Haven't been able to read these forums for a month or two :S "Critical error, you have been banned on these forums" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by fightdesigner

Not sure I follow you on the foam buffer. Any chance of a picture?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 pm

It would be interesting to see a video of MGCs MAC modified like this...

Would the gun cope with a 30% increase on ROF?

Does the real steel version fire so much faster than the model? A 30rd mag's gone in less than 2 seconds as it is MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Korrpi

RS M-10 buffer.

MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Mac10buf

I don't have suitable rubber at hand so I used foam for the airsoft. This foam is similar to those found in sleeping matresses I guess. Its enough elastic to stop and give the bolt some of its impact energy back before the recoil spring. And because the bolt is much more fragile, the softer the buffer the better.

Here's a vid of a RS mac shooting high rof. It takes HALF a second to empty the mag MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin

2000rpm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbRopRRDXB4
3000rpm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xc5GcQLB0I

I REALLY want to see this done with modelgun and magnesium powder MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_biggrin

Edit:

Heres a little more info.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/macjack-accellerator-1800rpm-easy-drop-p-64.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???   MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC MAC11... Tips & Tricks???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next