MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Model Gun Problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Model Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Model Gun Problem   Model Gun Problem Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 pm

*** Originally posted by 8ace ***

I finally took the plunge and got a Wa Shan M9....... Wow what a lovely gun, yes the finish is not perfect but the feel/weight/sound is.

The problem is that I don’t think I can get anymore plastic/HW guns which limits the choice when it comes to auto pistols.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Model Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Gun Problem   Model Gun Problem Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:51 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

8ace wrote:
I finally took the plunge and got a Wa Shan M9....... Wow what a lovely gun, yes the finish is not perfect but the feel/weight/sound is. Very Happy

The problem is that I don’t think I can get anymore plastic/HW guns which limits the choice when it comes to auto pistols. Crying or Very sad

I can't agree with you more! I too, like all metal modelguns for the same reasons that you quote...However, the available selection of all metal modelguns is slight. Also, since Taiwan has changed their laws on replica firearms, I think that the all metal modelguns are a dying breed..

It would be nice to see alot of all metal modelgn choices but, I don't think that many of the surviving modelgun manufacturers in Japan are much interested in the all metal models.

Now, I am not quite sure just if Wa Shan will totally discontinue making modelguns or simply add more plastic parts to their existing models.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Model Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Gun Problem   Model Gun Problem Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:51 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

Personally I would like to see more manufacturers use parts that can be swapped out. There are many companies that make metal bodies and metal slides/barrels for bb guns, and many of the actual bb guns are made by the same companies that make the model guns. It would be nice if the parts could just be swapped over if you so choose. There may be some people who prefer plastic over metal, and it would be great if you could mix and match at your leisure. You may want to add a scope rail or something to a 1911 but not want to drill into a metal frame, but could simply screw straight into plastic, yet could still use a metal slide. It would also keep the cost down more if you didnt have to have either all plastic or all metal. You may buy a gun like a Desert Eagle, not knowing whether you will like it or hate it. £150.00 for a plastic one, and if you like it then you can upgrade for metal parts for another £150.00, would personally I feel be better than only having the option for a metal one for £270.00. Plus, then you would also get the fun and frustration that comes with trying to build up a gun, but without having not been able to fire it first at least. Personally I would prefer the metal ones, and I am very pleased with my Wa Shan guns so far and plan to get more (I only have 4 of them so far), but I do also enjoy the feel of customisation, and end up doing something to all of my guns in the end, just not always a good thing. The other good thing that would come from being able to use airsoft parts, such a s slides, would be that due to the vast number that are available, you would have more choice of model and trademarks or not, or custom engraving etc.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Model Gun Problem Empty

*** Originally posted by interceptor ***

Totally share Spence's point of view
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Model Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Gun Problem   Model Gun Problem Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:52 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

I think that the main problem that we face are government regulations dealing with firearms replicas/modelguns. These regulations are meant to prevent people from making functional firearms not to make our hobby any easier. The fact that these regulations are so stringent cause us to get inferior modelguns that break easily. I like your ideas Spencerman, but, I am not sure that certain governments do...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Model Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Gun Problem   Model Gun Problem Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:52 pm

*** Originally posted by john ***

I would say the regulations will be more stringent as time goes by, regarding to full metal modelguns. Fortunately, the regulators of many government still have faith in the current Japanese modelgun products & believe they are 100% safe & pure toy. So the Japanese full metal modelguns (the golden guns) could still appear in first hand market. But for the Wa Shan full metal products, they are really in grey area. Some regulators may think they should not be legal if they take the Japanese law as guideline as Wa Shan full metal is clearly not allowed in Japan. Even in Taiwan where Wa Shan is made, it is also under very stringent control. People there have to register their modelguns in the police office in order to keep them. I heard (not confirmed!) that Wa Shan modelgun business have been declining rapidly since 2005. So if you like Wa Shan full metal, get it now if you can still get it. Wa Shan may choose to close down the modelgun business if it is no longer in good shape OR your government suddenly realise that they should do the RIGHT thing and strictly follow what Japanese government is doing - ban those Wa Shan full metal at any time.

For the metal upgrade parts to replace the ABS parts for the Japanese modelguns, sorry, no, I don't see any hope that any manufacturuer will do that, because of the size of the market. Of course, if you find those metal parts designed for the airsoft could also fit your modelgun, you are in good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Model Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model Gun Problem   Model Gun Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Model Gun Problem
Page 1 of 1