MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BOOM or PFFT... ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

BOOM or PFFT... ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOM or PFFT... ?   BOOM or PFFT... ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:59 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

I couldnt tell you what is in them when they are unfired, as I, probably like any others on here who have had them, have none left. They are great. They also seem to bang louder and fly farther than self load cases do. I do have a couple of spent rounds I would be happy to dissect or to send you for self dissection if you wanted. I may still have one somewhere that is unfired, although I am unsure of that, but I will hunt around. If you want me to send them then pm me with your details.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: BOOM or PFFT... ?   BOOM or PFFT... ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:00 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

cerwyn wrote:
Hi Mark,

I spent some time ploughing through these video's, thanks very much!
Very informative and damn good fun too
Couldn't help but notice that one (if not all actually) of the XM177 videos showed lots of smoke venting from the ejector port and barrel, as you'd expect, but none leaking from around the foregrip area.
Mine leaks as much smoke from there as from the ejector.
Is there a way, should the area be made gas tight with a sealant during building?

Cerwyn

Yes, those sites are awesome and they do take some time to watch all of their videos!

The Marushin XM177/M16 does smoke out of the handguard area due to the lack of a gasget on the gas bypass lid under the handguard. I use black silicone on the lid and it works great and keeps the smoke in the barrel not the handguards!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: BOOM or PFFT... ?   BOOM or PFFT... ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:00 pm

*** Originally posted by doc ***

interestingly some of the videos from here :

http://web3.incl.ne.jp/shiraaya/2-mokuzi.htm

have been "borrowed" to put on that Jays modelgunsuk site , namely the Beretta M12s, Uzi , M3A1 gerease gun and a few others .

bit naughty really ......
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: BOOM or PFFT... ?   BOOM or PFFT... ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Sadly, many shops and websites use Shiraaya's videos without his permission. Endoshojji could have an arrangement with him to use his videos but, somehow I doubt it..I personally don't think that its a good idea to use Shiraaya's videos for any purpose without his permission especially for advertising.

Shiraaya used to update his site regulary but now he has let it go for a long time without any new videos or any information. Which is too bad, as he is a master with modelguns..I hope that all is well with him and that we will see some updates on his site soon.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: BOOM or PFFT... ?   BOOM or PFFT... ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:01 pm

*** Originally posted by cerwyn ***

To be honest I assumed those particular videos were Marushin or MGC's promotional videos as they're so good!
Yes both Jay and Endosjji use them to good effect, whether or not they've permission to do so is no consequence to me personallyso I've no desire to argue about the rights and wrongs and all that stuff. All I do know is that those videos have made me buy modelguns and that's what counts!
I haven't checked right now, but I'm sure that Jay actually has reference to the videos as 'MGC' and 'Marushin' anyway.
Who is Shiraaya? Is he a forum member? Will he sort my XM177 out and get the damn thing working properly if I ask him nicely???
Take care guys and keep enjoying our hobby!

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

cerwyn wrote:
To be honest I assumed those particular videos were Marushin or MGC's promotional videos as they're so good!
Yes both Jay and Endosjji use them to good effect, whether or not they've permission to do so is no consequence to me personallyso I've no desire to argue about the rights and wrongs and all that stuff. All I do know is that those videos have made me buy modelguns and that's what counts!
I haven't checked right now, but I'm sure that Jay actually has reference to the videos as 'MGC' and 'Marushin' anyway.
Who is Shiraaya? Is he a forum member? Will he sort my XM177 out and get the damn thing working properly if I ask him nicely??? Very Happy
Take care guys and keep enjoying our hobby!

Cerwyn

Shiraaya is the owner of the quoted site: http://web3.incl.ne.jp/shiraaya/2-mokuzi.htm he is as I said a master modelgunner and he has one of the best sites around. He is of course, Japanese and I have conversed with him via email. However, he no-longer answers any english titled emails as an anti-spam measure due to getting lots of junk emails.

He is along with probelx, one of the best.

Possibly, with Francky or Probelx's help we could possibly email Shiraaya and ask him more questions about modelguns..

The fact that Shiraaya's videos are being used without his permission is sad but there is little that can be done about it. I am sure that somewhere that everyones videos on the net are being used by someone else for purposes that they wheren't intended for...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: BOOM or PFFT... ?   BOOM or PFFT... ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:02 pm

*** Originally posted by cerwyn ***

That's the downside of computer and internet technology though eh? It's all so easy to copy and paste anything you like.
Shiraaya San certainly seems to know his stuff and would be of HUGE benefit to us all by sharing his obviously vast knowledge.
I enjoyed watching those Japanese guys 'playing' with their modelguns. The smiles after a good burst of rounds was universal.
I have no idea of the Japanese languge but can only imagine the comment after the MAC11's rapid burst would have translated to "Is that IT? Empty already?"
Great stuff...
Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: BOOM or PFFT... ?   BOOM or PFFT... ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Yep, it is kind of a universal problem (not really sure that the aliens really have the same problems that we do but hey..) The fact that people do use the videos for sales kind of bothers me as Shiraaya san gets nothing in return and his bandwith gets abused.

Yes, I love their modelgun shoots that they have in Japan! They have so much fun getting their modelguns to shoot well. Its too bad that we all are so far apart as it would be cool to get together shoot, compare modelguns and most importantly, troubleshoot them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOOM or PFFT... ?   BOOM or PFFT... ? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOOM or PFFT... ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3