MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:48 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

The Spanish made Denix "modelguns" are usually copies of MGC, Hudson etc modelguns and they are rather roughly cast out of cheap crudely finished zinc alloy. They usually lack the careful detail that the MGC's etc. have. Denix makes all sorts of "pirate" guns cheap wild west revolvers etc. They are at best cheap wall hangers only. Denix offers mostly 1700-1870's guns and very few modern models like the (copy of the Hudson) AK47 and the (copy of the MGC) MAC 11 neither of these work like the original Japanese modelguns that they resemble. None of Denixes display only guns are ment to fire any caps etc.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:49 pm

*** Originally posted by tiksom ***

As my decision process has come to an end, I will share the results ;-)

First of all I have to share a few surprises Wink
Francky has sent the item packed so well that it took me quite a lot of time to dig in to the new toy. I admire people who put so much effort to make sure that the model arrives safely, without any troubles... I guess it shouldn't be surprising, given that it's francky we all know here :-)
Not only that, but the package has arrived within just two working days, that's faster than many internet purchases that I make locally in the same city!

The first look of M10 FBI made me grin. It was exactly the size I have imagined (photos distort everything), barrel length is exactly what I wanted it to be.

Replica is very light, too light. Only after loading all bullets it gets a more respectable weight. It is also warm to touch, the material doesn't feel as good as some ABS airsoft replicas. Pity that such a revolver cannot be made of metal Sad

Finish is very good, the look of HW emulates the look of worn steel very nicely. It is a bit too shiny, but not too bad. The top "rail" is made of different type of plastic and it looks different that the rest of the gun. I don't know how it coresponds to a real S&W.

Bullets have an interesting design - very simple and straightforward to put the 7mm cap in. Loading bullets to the revolver is easy, you just have to remember your favourite western movie (and the gravity!). I've accidentally dropped the bullets after opening the cylinder in horizontal position... they've slid out and exploded on contact with ground. I guess once in a while this reminds us all about safety.

Grip... definitely wood! S&W medallion that is supplied with the wooden grips is unfortunately all-silver, while the ones on plastic grips are silver/black, matching more closely the look of the revolver (which is black, not silver). I have to confess that I became a fan of the grip spacer... My hands are quite big, with long fingers, and without the spacer grip is just plain uncomfortable. Spacer saves the day.

Now, pull the trigger... BANG! This thing is much louder than an MGC 1911! No home use I'm afraid.

The remaining thing is to learn how to flick the wrist (to close the cylinder), how to spin the cylinder, how to load/unload the revolver in a most cool way ;-)

Overall impression: I'm happy that all your advice has added up to a good choice Smile
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:49 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

tiksom wrote:
The remaining thing is to learn how to flick the wrist (to close the cylinder), how to spin the cylinder, how to load/unload the revolver in a most cool way ;-)

AAAHHGGG! Shocked Please don't do the movie detective cylinder "flickof the wrist" trick! It destroy's even the real guns over time! It will destroy the modelguns even faster!

The "flick of the wrist" cylinder closing "springs" the cylinder crane over time on the real guns and it causes wear on the cylinder stops too...So, please, close the cylinders with care. I would NEVER close the cylinder of my real (S&W M629) revolver with a "flick of my wrist"
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:50 pm

*** Originally posted by tiksom ***

Ah! Thank you for the explanation, I didn't know that...

I've read now some more about revolvers, their design and features, and it is clearer that reality is much different than impressions we get. I've never really handled a real revolver (just once at a shooting competition) so I don't have almost any experience. Thanks to forums and Internet so much can be learnt :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?   Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kokusai revolver - M10 FBI or M36 Chief Special?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2