MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks Cerwyn

Go down 
+5
DOC
Spencer-Man
claymore
Cerwyn
8ace
9 posters
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:33 pm

I'd like to say a BIG thanks to Cerwyn for taking the time and trouble in setting up this (and the temp) forum which has give us a place to discuss/chat our hobby.

It's like it's never been away

cheers

8ace
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Well 'ace, I'd still be copying & pasting f you hadn't helped me with it Wink , you deserve a big Thank You too mate.

I just hope now that Mark returns soon, this is his site after all.

I must say it was great logging on this morning and seeing posts from other people and watching the member list growing and growing.

Let's all make sure it doesn't get lost please.

I've tried to keep this as close to Mark's original format as possible. It's his for a start so who am I to chop and change it? but it's also familiar and recognisable.
There will be the odd error or snag here and there, if anyone wants something changing or can suggest improvements then please voice up.
I'm no PC expert, far from it, but I'll try if I can.

Thanks again 'ace, I really appreciate your message.

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Guys i would like to thank you both for all your hard work on getting this forum transffered and all the info saved and i hope to get a few topics going in the next few months.

big thanks again
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Hiya Claymore!

I hope you agree this is a much better looking Temporary Forum site than my first attempt Wink

Saving all this information has to be worthwhile, we've got over 7,500 entries here now, only another 9,000 to go if everything's needed affraid

I do hope Mark returns soon, we'll see where we go from there then.

I've enjoyed setting this up, I'm extremely grateful to 8ace and I just hope now that members continue returning and posting regularly.

I could do with some tips about getting this site up on places like Google and Yahoo. Any ideas what I should be doing?

Thanks Claymore, I appreciate your thanks mate!

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Spencer-Man
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
Spencer-Man

Number of posts : 47
Location / Country : Brighton, England

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:18 pm

I also have to really take my hat of the Cerwyn and 8ace. I know that I am not alone when I say that I missed the old site, and although the other temp sote that Cerwyn set up was a stellar effort, it 'felt' different. This one however, feels like a revamped version of the original. Reskinned and ready to go, with new members, and has got rid of the old ones who for whatever reason are no longer with us. I shall try and dig up some info for you Cerwyn re google searches etc. and email them over to you. Once again, I would like to thank Cerwyn and 8ace for their hard work at keeping this forum going, and also would like to thank the rest of you who keep coming back despite the hardship of late to make this forum the place that it is worth visiting. cheers
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:34 pm

yes this does feel more " homely " although not so sure I like the dayglo blue ...feels like we should be talking about bolting extra spoilers on a scooby or something Very Happy

DOC
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:38 pm

Messages like yours Spencer make me realise that all that effort has been worth every minute. Thank you very much.
8ace has been a tremendous help, I wouldn't have got here without him this soon. He deserves a huge Thank You.

I've tried notifying every single of the regular contributors that we're here, wth luck membership numbers should swell hopefully. The first temporary site, which I agree felt different and wrong almost, had 34 members so there's hope yet.

Any info you have on how to advertise this site will be most welcome, Thanks!

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:40 pm

DOC wrote:
yes this does feel more " homely " although not so sure I like the dayglo blue ...feels like we should be talking about bolting extra spoilers on a scooby or something Very Happy

DOC

Very Happy Very Happy OK point taken, I'll see if I can tone it down a bit for you Doc Very Happy Very Happy

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:09 pm

Oh dont do anything drastic ...I was just throwing my 2 pence out there to see what everyone else thinks ...

I can get used to most things ...eventually

DOC
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:13 pm

I've gone and pushed a wrong button somewhere... this purple's bloody horrible... affraid

Gimme a minute to compose myself and get back to day-glo blue for a start... Embarassed

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:28 am

Yep, nothing more I can say from what's been said already.
Well done guys!

I see no reason why this can't be the new forum, as long as the members turn up.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:44 am

Hello Dan,

I'll leave that choice to Mark as this Site and forum is his after all. It would be easier, I agree, to leave the old corrupted site and pick up with this one. The work's been done now and we're almost back to normal again.

But Mark should have the final word I think.

Members are signing up steadily. We had 34 on the first temporary site. We ain't near that here yet but let's hope we get there.
I've written to every contributor that posted or joined up over the last year, as well as the old faithfuls obviously.
Not everybody has responded though.

Spencerman has set me some links on how to promote this site on the 'Net. It needs advertising to attract new members too.

Thanks again Dan!

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Cheers Cerwyn,good to be back up and running
Back to top Go down
Spencer-Man
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
Spencer-Man

Number of posts : 47
Location / Country : Brighton, England

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
Any info you have on how to advertise this site will be most welcome, Thanks!

I sent you some info via email Cerwyn, so hopefully you got it ok. I have not read it myself, but hopefully it will be useful to you.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Hiya Spencer,

Yes thanks mate, I got your links.

My system can't open though... this Windows Vista ain't all it's cracked up to be... unless I buy some software Shocked ... 'Kin 'Ell that's my modelgun fund that is... not PCs... affraid

I'm grateful to you though, I'll open 'em somehow Very Happy

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Awesome work!

I sure have missed my favorite pastime Smile

Good to be here with you all again!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:08 pm

Hey guys,

I post this here, as I don't have any information to contribute to the whereabouts of Mark, but this is also an answer to your post in the "Has anyone heard from Mark?" thread.
These are just some thoughts I'm not sure anyone is even interested in, but well, here I go anyway Very Happy

I have never posted much, was more reader than poster, I just didn't have that much information to share. I never had a large modelgun collection and right now I'm down to just 2, but I still think, that modelguns make a fascinating hobby and check the forum regularly (have a problem with my automatic login though, so I often read as a guest).

Apart from that, I switched back to (classic)airsoft almost completely. I'm mod on a german airsoft board and I can tell you: Hardly anyone there knows what a modelgun is, even though one would think, those hobbies are at least a bit related (and several manufacturers are the same).
So here in the western part of the world, I think it's still the biggest problem, that the knowledge of modelguns is not spread wide enough, not even among those, who are interested in weapon replicas.

Additionally, those airsofters who do hear about modelguns are disappointed that they don't shoot a projectile. I also witness this in the realm of classic airsoft: All those airsoftplayers want performers, not collector's items and of course this applies to modelguns even more.
So the general attitude of those who do know modelguns is lacking the collector's passion.

I appreciate very much, what you have done Cerwyn, it definately shows a huge devotion to the hobby. I also think, that you've done a very good job, the categories are more clearly arranged than before and the seperate sections for various modelguns are a good idea. I know that from the classicairsoft.net forum, they have seperate categories for different makes and models, too, and while we're at it: I reckon you know the site, they have a small "PFC guns" section in their forums aswell. Maybe one could attract some new members there.

I also try to get some of the guys from our forum to register here of which I think they might be interested in modelguns.
The efforts you have put into this forum definately deserve a higher number of users...

edit: Ah hell, forget what I said about the PFC section of classicairsoft.net... most of the posts there were lost when they moved the forum, so now there are only 4 topics, the most recent one is over 1 year old Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:48 pm

It's really good to hear from you Pydracor Very Happy

Thank you very much for your thoughts and ideas. I'm sure that most of us here in the Western world will agree that modelguns are indeed little known.
I did join an Airsoft site for awhile and just like you, found that Airsoft skirmishers were mostly totally unaware of cap firing replicas but were also disappointed they couldn't fire a projectile.
They saw little point in having one to be honest Shocked

Tastes do differ don't they Exclamation Very Happy

I discovered "modelguns" by chance, and stumbled upon the forum by accident while searching for MP40 related websites. The hobby isn't advertised and broadcast at all here but then again neither is Airsoft.
Unless your in the hobby already, or something very closely related, your not very likely to discover it.

Any assistance you can offer in the PFC section of your Airsoft site to attract new members would be very gratefully received Pydracor, thank you very much Wink

I do hope you continue to log in here when you can, post something when you want to Very Happy who knows you might even be tempted back into modelguns too cheers

Thank you also for your kind words and approval, 8ace and I are extremely grateful.

Cerwyn

Hah Exclamation Just spotted your Edit note Exclamation Ah well, never mind, it could be worth putting one in anyway Question it might rekindle some interest eh Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thanks Cerwyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Cerwyn   Thanks Cerwyn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks Cerwyn
Page 1 of 1