MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keystone MP40

Go down 
+7
Dollanganger
jim
2Sharp
smootik
Cerwyn
Ozguns
pitfighter
11 posters
AuthorMessage
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 617
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:39 am

Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:41 am

I'd be guessing that they in actual fact Denix models.
Check his others for sale too.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:24 am

I'm sure you're right there Oz'

There was talk on the Re-enacting forums here in the UK a little while ago that Denix were launching an all metal MP40
It looks quite good in his photos though

Keystone MP40 DenixMP401

Keystone MP40 DenixMP402

Keystone MP40 DenixMP403

Keystone MP40 DenixMP404

Keystone MP40 DenixMP405

Keystone MP40 DenixMP406

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net Online
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Yup, it's a new Denix.
Some more photos (courtesy of Lampywcentrum internet shop), apologies for large size.
Keystone MP40 1
Keystone MP40 2
Keystone MP40 3
Keystone MP40 4
Keystone MP40 5
Keystone MP40 6
Keystone MP40 7
Keystone MP40 8
Keystone MP40 9
Keystone MP40 10
Keystone MP40 11
Keystone MP40 12
Keystone MP40 13
Keystone MP40 14
Keystone MP40 15
Keystone MP40 16
Keystone MP40 17
Keystone MP40 18
Keystone MP40 19
Keystone MP40 20
Keystone MP40 21
Keystone MP40 22
Keystone MP40 23
Keystone MP40 24
Keystone MP40 25
Keystone MP40 26
Keystone MP40 27
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm

I saw one through a window while in Paris the other week, i didn't get to handle it though.

It looked like typical Denix metal finish, somewhat grainy.

However, the price of Denix guns is quite low so it just might be a good choise?

I'm somewhat thinking of picking one up, just to check it out.

Has anyone tried to make the finish of the Denix guns better? Smooth it up kinda...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:11 pm

One question...why the mag is completely "empty" ? Anything got to do with the legislations?
Back to top Go down
Dollanganger
Dollanganger

Number of posts : 33
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Damn! It looks like a great buy.

Just to be sure, that is real metal and not painted plastic right?

What's with the empty mag? Does it hold and eject shells?

Will it take a real MP40 mag? I may pick one up this weekend for $20USD.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:53 am

It actually looks pretty good for a denix.
I was contemplating getting a Denix Mauser Broomhandle, but still haven't made up my mind whether I'm wasting my money or not..
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 617
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:06 am

Someone smart, someone real smart...

...Could hybrid this with a Marushin MP40 and get a really nice cap firing replica.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:00 am

Dollanganger wrote:

Just to be sure, that is real metal and not painted plastic right?
What's with the empty mag? Does it hold and eject shells?
It's pot metal, like all other Denix replicas.
I have no idea why they left mag as it is. There doesn't seem to be any law related to it, maybe Denix tried to save on manufacturing/assembling costs?

As for shells - no, it does not eject shells (like most Denix constructions).

There is some more photos of Denix replicas and a bit of discussion here:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/denix-replicas-overall-review-t809.htm

Overall - they are very cheap, but for me not as satisfying as modelguns (even plastic ones).
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 am

Speculation: maybe Denix wants to tell people clearly that their MP40 is completely inert so please don't try to do anything (apart from holding it or hang it on the wall) with it - I doubt can this can be converted to a firing model with MKK's firing mechanism from the kit...

Only if these are available in HK...
Back to top Go down
lt-deke

Number of posts : 18
Location / Country : england
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:34 am

I had a go at smoothing a couple of denix models for our dispaly colt I rubbed down with wire wool and reblued and painted grips did same with luger only left mag so it looked like polised steelKeystone MP40 SANY0030-1
Keystone MP40 SANY0029-1
Keystone MP40 SANY0024
Back to top Go down
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:14 am

I hope i am not going to offend any of you die hard modelgun collectors but Denix models for the money are fantastic value and i will continue buying them as all i need is an accurate enough looking wall hanger or display piece.

I did buy NEW a few in my opinion seriously overpriced modelguns and while i can appreciate people on here love them for their workings etc and attention to detail for me the novelty wore off with again seriously overpriced rounds,caps arent cheap either,hassle of cleaning and dont know if its just me but every modelgun ive owned never fired consistantly and always jammed or misfired.

Again i know some of you(Cerwyn springs to mind)are fanatical about these modelguns and i guess if i had more money and patience i would be buying more(still will buy more at the right price but not to fire)but unfortunately i have been selling off my collection and replacing them with various other replicas like Denix and have only just been introduced to the amazing range of Airsoft replicas available which again arent modelguns but the diversity of models available,the quality of some of them and more over the price has won me over.

So people please dont knock the Denix models,they never will be on a par with modelguns and dont think they are trying to ever be-they are simply affordable holster fillers or wall hangers and with a bit of work can look fantastic. Wink

Also i believe there are(or were) a couple of reenactors working in conjunction with Denix(hence why they brought out the MP40 and Garand)and were working on amongst other things an MP44 Cool Cool

PS regarding the empty magazine-no idea but in the past i have bought Deacts which have come with magazines stripped of all the guts for no reason at all as the Deact laws only apply to the weapon itself?????
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:47 am

Richard,

No offense taken :-)

Choosing the "right" type of replicas is a matter of personal choice and I think everyone just gives their opinion, not convinces others it is the only possible interpretation Wink

I've started with airsoft and moved to modelguns, so my path is exactly opposite of yours. Right now there is an abundancy of airsoft replicas, you can get almost anything, in plenty of variants, and cheap - since Chinese companies entered the business. For example SWD sniper rifle was available previously for 500$, right now you can get one for under 100$. I always wanted to have one, and right now it has become affordable (even if the model is not 100% correct). It's hard to dispute those facts. In airsoft people now (even in Japan) buy cheaper Chinese versions because they are cheap and work as airsoft, rather than expensive, but more detailed and more fragile Japanese ones.
Modelguns are more expensive, and I agree that they are probably overpriced. Heck, you could get a real weapon cheaper if the governement allowed it!

Airsoft looks great from the outside, but internals are, of course, different. If you prefer the look (and action - GBB does simulate blowback) they are definitely a good choice (I buy airsoft too where there is no modelguns, or where they are much more expensive). Internals are a different story - so far only modelguns will give you insight in how it all works together. For me this is the reason to choose a modelgun over an airsoft. I have a 1911 modelgun that I like to shoot, disassemble, clean - for pure fun from those activities. I also have a 1911 airsoft that I plink with sometimes. I like both.

Reenactors do not like modelguns, as they are too expensive (especially shells lost in the field). Dummies and airsoft are universally used by many of them.

I am pleased that there are so many different types of replicas to choose from: modelguns, airsoft, dummies.
It is better to have this choice than to be constrained to a single type only.
Whether we are in it for looks, action or something else - we have choice!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Fanatical Question Who me Question Laughing
I'd have to agree with you on that Richard, I have taken to this modelgun hobby like a duck to water.

It is great to have a choice of replica types, people use them for differing reasons, be that wall hangers at home, re-enacting props when firing isn't required, the Denix replicas are great for that.

I really enjoy firing my models in the privacy of my own home and like the way the modelguns strip and operate as per the real thing.
True enough, the majority of the ones I've bought are expensive, especially considering most don't work out of the box Exclamation Caps and cartridges were quite cheap if bought from Japan but the Pound being so weak has pushed prices up sadly.

Airsoft replicas don't honestly cut it for me. They can look superb, the range available is truly vast, but that awful whirring electric motor noise really turns me off. GBB are more attractive for me, but I still prefer that BANG, smoke and flying shells that Modelguns give.

In truth, most of my models spend their lives as wallhangers BUT it's nice to get one down, load up and blatt away when I feel like it. I don't even mind the stripping and cleaning, in fact I enjoy that as much as firing ... I guess you're right mate, I AM a Fanatic aren't I? lol!

Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:31 am

I am agreeing here.
I bought my replica guns years ago, only to play with, show mates, pull them apart and reassemble them.
What we had back then were the Japanese made guns, and they were cool.
I never even knew that you could actually load up cartridges in them and fire them, until I bought my first Uzi about 10 years ago, which came with some caps. Then I discovered the MP40 forums quite some time before I signed up, and discovered there was a whole new world in collecting.

But as a wall hanger, and if you are not too worried about strength, and you are not too worried about pulling them apart, or the action of the parts, then the Denix guns make a great piece.
In fact, I think the AK47, Thompson and MP40 are very impressive.

Like I said in an earlier post, I am contemplating getting a Mauser Broomhandle,.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:01 am

Well, you are right, Richard. Regarding their price, Dennix models are good and nice. Five years ago I would have been totally happy with them. Then I found out about Airsoft Electric Guns and got me a M4A1. I was happy in the beginning, but did not like the springs, gears, wires and motor. Then I got my first modelgun, a Marushin XM177E2 kit, and was hooked. I have added so many of them over the last years, and although some are made out of plastic, I always enjoyed their realism. I too do not fire my models often, as most of them tend to make troubles and stress my nerves even more. And I seldom can find the time to clean the guns and carts which is vital. Anyway I am having good times with my MGC ABS XM177E2 lately, it fires quite good. I love to handle my modelguns, but there are some I normally don't even dare to take out of their boxes as they are almost sacred for me. I never would take most of my models out in the woods for reenactment, as they are too fragile and precious. Denix models seem to be perfect for rough use as they are quite sturdy, but cheap.

I guess we are all fanatic and nuts regarding guns and modelguns (don't forget we are talking about toys, guys, and we are all seasoned men), but Cerwyn may be one of the few kings of modelguns ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:25 am

MadMike wrote:

I guess we are all fanatic and nuts regarding guns and modelguns (don't forget we are talking about toys, guys, and we are all seasoned men), but Cerwyn may be one of the few kings of modelguns ...

Fanatic I may well be Wink , Mad, almost certainly, but one of the kings... Good God no, far from it Embarassed
Most of you guys have forgotten more than I know Exclamation

A friend of mine showed me a Denix M1 Garand he's just bought. I have to say it's a really nice looking replica. It really looks the part, the woodwork has a nice rich colour, and as a prop or wallhanger it is very nice.
I was dissapointed to see the breach is blocked and there's no way of loading a clip let alone a clip full of dummy rounds. That feature would've added so much to it.
He'd paid just under £200 for it, cheap compared to Hudson's dummy versions and Marushin's GBB Airsoft Garand so value for money can't be argued against.
I personally would much prefer a model that loaded, cycled and ejected cartridges, firing caps would be even better, but that's just me Wink

Back to top Go down
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:32 pm

Dont get me wrong guys-im not trying to big up Denix models just saying for the money(especialy if bought used)they are fantastic value and do the job for some-me included but if a bargain modelgun comes along to replace a Denix i will always go for the modelgun.

No doubting that the modelguns are as close to as most of us can come to owning the real thing but speaking of my own financial situation i would love to continue buying more and more of them but i just cannot justify the cost of them for what i need of them so will defnately be looking at cheap used Airsofts and checking out the for sale sections here but most certainly will never buy a NEW modelgun due to the price.

On the subject of Airsoft being new to the whole subject ive joined a forum and am totaly baffled by half the weapons i see there(never heard of or seen most of them) and God knows what most of the things are that theyre talking about Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Richard Jones wrote:
... for the money(especialy if bought used)they are fantastic value and do the job for some-me included but if a bargain modelgun comes along to replace a Denix i will always go for the modelgun.

No doubting that the modelguns are as close to as most of us can come to owning the real thing but speaking of my own financial situation i would love to continue buying more and more of them but i just cannot justify the cost of them for what i need of them so will defnately be looking at cheap used Airsofts and checking out the for sale sections here but most certainly will never buy a NEW modelgun due to the price.

On the subject of Airsoft being new to the whole subject ive joined a forum and am totaly baffled by half the weapons i see there(never heard of or seen most of them) and God knows what most of the things are that theyre talking about Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You're quite right Richard, modelguns are getting very expensive, prohibitively so these days. For the money, a used Denix can be a really buy if somebody doesn't want a firing replica.

I've read some Airsoft forums and I'm with you, I'm bewildered by the range of accessories an tune up kits available too. Electrics always did leave me cold scratch give me something mechanical anyday Wink

Back to top Go down
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:32 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
Richard Jones wrote:
... for the money(especialy if bought used)they are fantastic value and do the job for some-me included but if a bargain modelgun comes along to replace a Denix i will always go for the modelgun.

You're quite right Richard, modelguns are getting very expensive, prohibitively so these days. For the money, a used Denix can be a really buy if somebody doesn't want a firing replica.

I've read some Airsoft forums and I'm with you, I'm bewildered by the range of accessories an tune up kits available too. Electrics always did leave me cold scratch give me something mechanical anyday Wink

IM never going to get into the Airsoft scene to be honest just uing it as a hopefull source of cheap replicas Laughing Laughing

As for modelguns getting expensive they always have been Shocked Shocked Sad

From what i remember when i bought my Marushin M16A1 new a few years ago it was over £300 and to be honest with what is available now re Airsoft etc theres no way on earth i would/could afford to buy one but back then to be honest there werent any options-A deact if you could find one would have been £2000+ and Airsofts back then were crappy all plastic springers so at the time i had no choice.

Would love to sell it and buy a cheaper Airsoft but i would lose a fair chunk of what i paid for it so looks like ill be keeping it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timothy d

Number of posts : 8
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2015-09-03

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 6:26 am

Interesting I am older and owned several original dummy WW2 MP40 of course no working actions to them as the receiver has to be solid My MP44 was the same. Had one of the Japanese makes in the late 70's and recently tried a MP40 Denix they are very well made replicas in MO bolt works, clip comes out and stock folds out they are spot on in weight to a loaded MP40 have shot a friends Licensed real one and I can tell you the weight is close. To me for the money Denix is fine even it doesn't strip there is a saying amoung collectors a fake is a fake so I am fairly new to models so to me same applies cannot shoot them anyway other than caps, blank ones so Denix fills my bill fine as a display to my manequins and WW2 collections. One thing is the slings are not of quality so I replaced it with a good quality one from ATF as they have accessories spot on to include Mag pouches. Just my two cents have been collecting WW2 since 1963. timothy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keystone MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keystone MP40   Keystone MP40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keystone MP40
Page 1 of 1