MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...   Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by tommyargue

hiya.
i just got a couple of tanaka glocks from francky but for whatever reason they wont load the cartridges into the breech properly. any one know how i could fix this easily or if it,s a frequent problem.

all the best.................tommy
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...   Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Mark

I think that either the barrels feed ramp or the magazine is at falt on the Tanaka Glock as my example has feeding problems too. I fired half of a magazine, it fed and fired flawlessly the problems started after one round hit the feed ramp's bottom. Each succeeding round afterwards mis-fed. The problem just might be the magazine's feed lips are not adjusted correctly and they might need adjustment. Or, the barrels feed ramp design needs to be revised. I don't know at this time if the magazine or the barrel is the problem or not but, I like the Tanaka Glock and I want it to "shoot" great so, I will (if I have the time) investigate the problem.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...   Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by GZ22

I also have this problem. A round feeds and fires but then subsequent rounds hit the lower part of the barrel, damaging it and jamming the slide. I replaced both the recoil spring and the barrel itself and still the fault exists. I returned it to Jay at modelguns.co.uk but he tested it and videoed it firing fine. When I got it back, it fired 5 rounds OK, then after a couple of days I tried to use it and the same problem returned. Jay advised me that it may well be the small spring that sits inside the recoil spring guide causing the problem, and said he would replace it, although he never got back to me. (that's unusual as i have always found him to be very helpful). Your magazine theory sounds interesting though. It seems as though this problem is intermittent.

I would welcome any thoughts you have on this.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...   Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Mark

Hi GZ22 and welcome to the forums!

The Tanaka Glock's feeding problem is both troublesome and perplexing and is, as we have discovered, intermittent. The feed lip angle on the magazine is possibly the culprit in this case and possibly even the Tanaka cartridges themselves. IF the slides return velocity is too fast the feed rib might cause the cartridges to "submarine" in the magazine and cause the succeeding cartridges noses to dip down slightly and hit the front part of the magazine and or the base of the feed ramp. When I cycle the slide on my Tanaka "Glock" by hand with a full magazine it feeds and extracts perfectly. The solution? I am not sure at this time but, it might be as simple as adjusting the feed lips on the magazine or as hard as making a new detonator and using KSC 9mm cartridges as they are far less powerful and they fit/feed the magazine and gun.

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...   Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by GZ22

Hi Mark.

Many thanks for your insight here, It is certainly the same problem! I too can cycle by hand an entire magazine without any issue. With regard to the adjustment of the mag feed lips - how would I go about doing that?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...   Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Mark

The feed lips have metal inserts that are molded in place. These can be bent ever-so-slighly with small pliers.

*****CAUTION*****A little adjustment goes a long way!! The front area of the feed lips front-to-rear controls the up down angle of the cartridge nose and the distance between the feed lips determines the cartridge feed height.

1. The best idea before you attempt to adjust the feed lips is to study the feed lips current position(s) before you attempt to adjust them as that just might allow you to determine the proper amount and direction to move them.

2. Consider buying a spare magazine just in case you end up not succeeding ( Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_lol )

3. Move the feed lips one at a time slightly and constantly try cycling rounds through it to ensure that the lips are being adjusted the way that you desire.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...   Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by GZ22

An update on this:

I've been unable to test whether adjusting the magazine feed lips solves the problem or not, as all my cartridges are screwed! (My fault entirely, as I got fed up with the damn thing only working 'when it felt like it', and neglected to dismantle and clean the carts in a timely fashion)! Now I cannot separate the inner chambers from the noses of the cartridges, though I should be able to do this with a gentle application of heat and two pairs of pliers! Though I don't know if I have the inclination to do this, might it just be easier to buy new carts? (not forgetting to order 15 million O rings too) *sigh*.

I do however have a genuine Glock magazine in place of the Tanaka one, so as and when I can get some cartridges to test it out with I shall certainly do so.

(Anyone have any cheap Tanaka carts to offload)? Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...   Tanaka Glocks... Problems with... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka Glocks... Problems with...
Page 1 of 1