MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:05 am

Hi Cerwyn - other makers are going to release KAC PDW as well (from what I've learnt VFC & GHK) so if there're other choices then I suggest you to forget about the WE...

Watching Hudson's video on their PPsH-41 makes you think these fired smoothly - the same applies here...have to ask the shop one day to see how to reinforce the welding/sealing of WE mags...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:10 am

Thank you Jim, you may well have saved me from spending my money on a poor product.
I'm sure I've seen VFC PDWs advertise, I'll look into those further now.

As I've diverted away from the original M14 thread, I'll move these PDW references to a new post.

Thanks again

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:19 am

I've been looking at a new release from WE, the KAC PDW GBB Airsoft weapon that uses WE's new Open Bolt system.
I am very tempted to buy but having read Jim's comments about WE gas mags being prone to leaking (see WE M14 thread) I wonder if this gun is as good a product as I'd hoped

Quote below moved from WE M14 thread
"Jim, are WE gas magazines particularly prone to leaking then? I've had my eye on their latest KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB model and am very tempted to buy. The last thing I need though is leaking magazines as no other brand of mag' is compatable with WE's Open Bolt system from what I gather."

Back to top Go down
gf350

Number of posts : 22
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:16 pm

I've got 3 we guns now, love them, mine are not open bolt though.
Run mine on the co2 mags and they don't leak.
Do have a load of the gas mags but not really used them so can't comment on reliability.
Tq do the conversion bits for the STD mags to use open bolt.

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:38 am

To be fair - apart from the often gas leaking mags other aspects of WE guns are just fine...and learnt that after further mag modifications by various WE gun owners they can work flawlessly - only if you've the time and the expert skills to open up the mag/replacing the valve & o-ring/resealing the mag with glue or something longlasting...also it seems the faults only lies to longarms as I don't have too many problems on their pistols (still enjoy their silver Luger P08 w/snail mag Very Happy ).

GHK already released their PDW and VFC might need more time to release theirs (they'd already released the electric version of it so having it in GBB shall not be a problem).

Mine is strictly a suggestion only - you can still try your luck Cerwyn Laughing ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks to you both WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_biggrin

GBB is a new venture for me really as PFC Modelguns have always been my main interest. The realistic construction, realistic looking and sounding simulated firing, smoke and shell ejection "do it" for me everytime
I've tried AEG Electric guns, I don't like them WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Kopfschuettel Externally the can look amazingly good, but internally, nothing like a real one. And the noise they make... Not for me thanks

GBB on the other hand can simulate firing pretty well, if only they all had shell eject WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_exclaim but they can sound good, look good and best of all don't need anywhere near as much cleaning.
I like the fact they use 30rd magazines.

My C02 powered Mini UZI is one of my favourites, plenty of power and solid recoil too.

I've recently repaired a leaking gas magazine (my first gas mag repair) in my MGC / Taito M93R so the thought of stripping and resealing WE PDW gas mags to re-seal isn't as daunting a prospect. I was seriously considering using C02 mags in it as it is supplied "C02 ready".
It's encouraging to read that build quality of WE guns is good. I read a comparison review of the WE and GHK versions a couple of days ago. Apparently the WE came out on top on all counts.
Youtube videos are plentiful, the GHK certainly appears to fire really well, sounds great, looks the part too.

I'll be keeping an eye on GBB forums and youtube, we'll know soon enough how these PDWs perform

By the way gf350, who are Tq please? It may be useful to know who can convert std magazines to he Open Bolt setup

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:03 am

Read from a Taiwanese Airsoft magazine earlier - these WE PDW have been officially recognised by KAC and on the other hand the GHK ones are now sold either with some discounts or given a spare mag for free...

All depends on who knock the door first...and the energetic attitudes of WE which keeps developing new (although extremely fragile but another story) models help marketing a lot...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

Number of posts : 178
Location / Country : Taiwan
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:36 am

Has anyone got the WE HK416 assault rifle, and what do they think of it as I'm thinking of getting one?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:01 am

I think this one isn't an "open-bolt" (like their M4) so marks off for realism (without mentioning weak internal parts)...

Love their G39C though...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:07 am

weak internal parts?! Can you elaborate?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Feedbacks of weak metal used for certain internal parts make reinforcement parts (notably by RA-Tech) vital...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 am

But the overall construction of the gun is pretty good?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:32 am

I would say love the looks of their guns (for me the chrome Luger / M14 with RA-Tech wood stock & certain internal parts/G39C) and since I'm not a "frequent firer" (don't fire my guns too much) so firing performance won't affect me too much...

By saying so - now it's getting difficult for the trigger of my M14 striking the hammer when dry-fire...maybe it's time to replace the trigger group with the RA-Tech one as well Mad ...next time I shall only buy the custom ones from RA-Tech or TAF (my next target Very Happy : http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=7301).
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:20 pm

What are WE pistols like compared to KJW?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:25 am

Trust Me...don't ever consider the WE pistols (though I'll see how's the upcoming full metal Browning HP will be)...

Another story for GBB rifles - at the moment they're the pioneer in new & exciting models so I've to live with it (for example after buying a WE GBBR at $400 I've to add another $200~$300 on wood stock / reinforced internal parts)... sometimes even more...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 am

Thanks for the info Jim. I was looking at WE's tactical 1911, but there were no comparisons on the web between WE and KJ, although I do have two KJs pistol, I thought about giving WE a look.

That Browning HP was meant to come out ages ago. The problem wit WE is that they're not compatable with other makes.

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:07 am

For cheap & reliable GBB pistols out of the box ALWAYS go for KJ Works or KSC Taiwanese version (slightly expensive for these though)...but from what I've learnt, all depends on QC for WE guns as one particular batch may be better than the other...

By the looks of the WE Hi-Power mag, they shall be now compatible with Tanaka ones like their Luger P08 earlier on...and "Property of Republic Of China" will be stamped on the left of the slide on later batches...

Looking at this trend, I'll happy to see if WE release T75K1 (http://www.civiliangunner.com/T75K1.htm)...developed after cloning Beretta M92F on the first place: another milestone for Taiwanese Military...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:26 am

TM pistols are made from aluminium and are expensive. KJ are the most reliable and easy to upgrade to steel parts, and thats what I like. I have read that people have dropped their KJs on the floor several times and they do continue to work. They must use top grade metals in thier process of manufacturing?

WE are copying everything at the moment, but the quality might be a bit iffy. They need to sort out their mags to stop them leaking.

I dont think you can upgrade KSC to steel, otherwise I'd have one.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:43 am

denisonsmock wrote:
TM pistols are made from aluminium and are expensive...they must use top grade metals in their process of manufacturing?

WE are copying everything at the moment...I dont think you can upgrade KSC to steel, otherwise I'd have one.

TM (Marui) guns are supposed to be ABS plastic only (as per Japanese law) - the aluminium ones shall be Customised using designated parts by Taiwanese Guarder - talking about metal quality, KJ might not be doing an excellent job (especially with these price tags) but WE is definitely not up to scratch most of the time... Exclamation

Apart from the meterial use, WE makes good guns and are quite innovative on certain models (at least externally - in essence the internals of every GBB is quite similar) and KSC: lack of aftermarket parts is their major weakness and once something breaks inside your KSC will become a gun ideal for collection...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:03 am

Quote :
KJ might not be doing an excellent job (especially with these price tags)
Someone told me in one of the Toys shops that sells PFCs and airsoft that Taiwanese will not buy something too expensive of this kind, unless its designer clothes.

Yeah guarder make the aluminium and steel upgrades and a lot of other manufactures make steel internals for WE M4s. Ruten sellers sell for half price of retail price. WE's M14 at NT$15,000 is still alot of money, but pistols are very cheap compared to KJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB    WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WE KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB
Page 1 of 1