MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.

Go down 
+3
claymore
Jakes-model-guns
smootik
7 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Empty
PostSubject: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:55 pm

http://www.caw.co.jp/caw/m3greasegun/index.html
http://www.tokyohobby.net/blog/2010/08/11/caw-m3a1-grease-gun-pfc-model-gun/

It is made of HW in large part now, with many additional weights to make it more realistic.

Hopefully the mechanism is also improved, leading to better firing experience.

Videos (including slow-motion) are available on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjn_1uZauY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01g-a2XcOnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1BlsS00okk
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

Number of posts : 100
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:24 pm

HI
Yes looking forward to it
How much? i bet it's a lot Sad
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Click "BUY NOW" button under M3A1 photo on CAW page to see the price in yen :-)
They are accepting pre-orders now.
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:10 pm

HI
Out of my budget £270 i think i might stick to trying to get a Hudson type.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Yeah, it's a mixed blessing - on one side I am happy that molds were not destroyed and M3A1 will remain available (even if only in small quantities). On the other side new release is much more expensive...

I'm afraid this is what we are going to see. Unless a manufacturer releases a large-scale modelgun, limited runs will remain expensive. Given state of things I'm afraid there will be no more new cheap models, as there were in the past. Thankfully Marushin still produces relatively cheap factory versions and very affordable kits.
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:27 pm

HI
Yes very true. It's good the hear but then CAW always i have found to be a bit to expensive.

I hope lots of people buy these so then they might consider releasing it in a more larger scale operation.
Lucky Marushin is getting cheaper in some parts like the MP40 carts they are about $1-2 cheaper but then the kit price when up by $6 to win some to lose some.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:10 pm

I have a Hudson greasegun and i really like it but it does have typical hudson problems so i am veru interested in this CAW version its like tanio's GM7 damn expensive but it works and does not break so if the Caw is a good as that then its worth it and i will have to have one. Any model gun that works really well out of the box does not break and gives you pleasure is worth that little bit extra, just how much we have all paid for models that did not work and how much we have had to spend in time and money to get then to function and the worry about breaking the damn thing, so if this works as good as the vids show and does not break its worth the cash.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:47 am

Tanio Koba 1911 in addition to reliability also has a huge price advantage in cartridges - while you pay more for a model, you pay way less for cartridges. I'm afraid it will be so with CAW M3A1.

I wonder what cartridges will CAW version use, whether they will keep Hudson cartridge design (and compatibility), or improve it.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:00 am

This is an interesting development. CAW are known to produce some superb quality modelguns so if they use their skills and knowledge to improve the original Hudson M3A1 Grease Gun it'll be well worth keeping an eye on.

My own Hudson M3A1 worked well straight out of the box. It could be improved certainly, the plastic "feel" and light weight is a bit dissappointing, the plastic mouldings aren't quite the right colour but it works which is the main thing. I bought mine at full retail price from Jay at Modelguns while he was still here in the UK. it cost me just short of £200 then and I must admit to thinking it was far too much money to have paid when I opened the box.

I am looking for another one at the minute but it looks like Hudson's supplies of new models have all gone.
If a used model doesn't along the only option might well be one of CAW's. It's going to be expensive though so it's going to have to prove it's worth it before I spend that much.

Let's hope CAW have bought some other Hudson moulds too...

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:11 am

Watching the CAW videos again I noticed the barrel isn't threaded up as far as it should do ...

Clearly the model is working fine, very well actually. Even the firing rate appears a little slower than Hudson's own version. This reduction in ROF is a good move considering the Hudson model cycles much faster than a real M3A1
I wonder what CAW have done to the chamber / bolt / cartridge to make the difference CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_question

Look at the Slow-Mo video [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1BlsS00okk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1BlsS00okk[/url] , maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but are those Hudson or MGC .45 ACP cartridges or are they the .45 Real Size MGC cartridges used in their 1911 CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_question

Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:07 pm

They do look like ACP carts and yes I noticed the gap in the barrel fixing to receiver also ...this Im sure is just the prototype model as smoke was drifitng out of where the barrel screws on.

DOC
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:50 pm

folks,

It seems the price will be around JPY 39,800.
I had a chance to talk with a president of CAW, asked about this. He mentioned:

- the mold was fairly damaged when they got from Hudson, need to do some work
- CAW GG will have checkered grip pattern, which is more closer to real GG
- Did some reenforcement work around an area where barrel and body connects, as well as base area of where ejector attached to a body those are likely to be broken in Hudson model.

The rounds will be slightly bigger than that of MGC tommy, but MGC tommy rounds will be able to use.

This would be nice firing model, price is not nice though......I was expecting 29800 or early 30,000....

S
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Thank you for this information! That sounds promising. If the model will be sturdy and reliable I would still accept that price as reasonable.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:51 pm

shazhib wrote:
fThis would be nice firing model, price is not nice though......I was expecting 29800 or early 30,000....
Type 94 is near 30 000 yen, a larger model had to be more expensive ;-)

Shazhib, do you perhaps know if CAW saved other moulds and plan to release them later?
Or if they at least know what happened with moulds (Skorpion, DEagle, TT-33...)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Thank you Shazhib. We are fortunate that you are able to speak to CAW's president and share this information with us

39800JPY is about 305 GBP (470 USD) That is considerably more than Hudson were selling their original modelgun for.
However, considering how prices for everything have been getting higher and higher since the fall in value of the Pound, 305 GBP could be a fair price if the modifcations made by CAW improve Hudson's Grease Gun to the extent it performs better and more importantly, doesn't break

According to the Specifications, CAW have increased weight of the model by a full 1 kg. That's a considerable increase which should make it feel more realistic. I wonder how much of that 1Kg is in strengthening the barrel / receiver and ejector CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_question

Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Smootik,

As a rumour, CAW got Tommy, 1911 and Colt Woodsman mold from MGC. As to Hudson mold, do not know.
You can still buy Skorpion though.....but not the spare parts...

S
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Thank you, I appreciate this update.

CAW becomes very interesting modelgun company. They seem to earn enough on airsoft to invest in modelguns. Small series and expensive, but who knows - maybe future they could become another mass-producer :-)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: CAW M3A1 Grease Gun Video ... Production version   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:17 pm

here's a video at long last of CAW's M3A1 Production model...

Maybe this one's just unlucky, but a broken extractor so soon Question

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:22 am

The more I see this CAW M3, the more I like it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:40 pm

CAW's M3A1 - LATEST RELEASED VIDEO

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPs89df7Mw

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Hong Kong based dealer E-Hobby Asia realeased a newletter today to say they're stocking CAWs M3A1 Grease Gun.

It does look good in these photos,

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. CAW-MODEL-M3A1_3_mark

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. CAW-MODEL-M3A1_5_mark

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. CAW-MODEL-M3A1_7_mark

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. CAW-MODEL-M3A1_9_mark

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. CAW-MODEL-M3A1_10_mark

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. CAW-MODEL-M3A1_11_mark

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. CAW-MODEL-M3A1_13_mark

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Shiny :-)

Holidays are such a bad time to release them however, with money spent elsewhere... :-(
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:40 pm

I'd like to see the model's internals to see just exactly how CAW have modified Hudson's design to improve firing and durability.

Externally, colour finish looks a lot better than Hudson's HWABS, they've fitted correct chequered grips.

As mentioned previously, there's an additional Kilo of weight to CAWs model. There are photos circulating of metal plates cut and shaped to fit inside the body.

I'd particularly like to see the strengthened ejector, modified chamber and how they slowed rate of fire down compared to the Hudson. It still fires faster than a real Grease Gun though

Models to tempt us with have a habit of arriving at the wrong time, every time though smootik No , still it gives us something to start saving our money for Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.   CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAW bought Hudson's M3A1 Grease Gun molds.
Page 1 of 1