MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An odd question about Thompsons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

An odd question about Thompsons Empty
PostSubject: An odd question about Thompsons   An odd question about Thompsons Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:41 pm

****Originally posted by kilroyjones****

Is the rear sight of the MGC or Hudson Thompsons adjustable for windage? Does anyone have a close up image of the rear sight?

I have a Kahr semi-auto Tommy that I am machining to look more like an original Tommy. Detachable stock, reshape the cocking handle etc.

I would like to replace the Kahr factory sight with one that has windage adjust. but original Lyman sights are $300 and up. I thought if the model gun rear sights were close to the original, I could use one as a pattern to do some reverse engineering.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this is off topic. If it is OT then please delete the post.
KJ
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

An odd question about Thompsons Empty
PostSubject: Re: An odd question about Thompsons   An odd question about Thompsons Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:41 pm

****Originally posted by mark****

Hi kilroyjones,

The MGC Thompson rearsight isn't adjustable for windage or elevation you can only raise/lower the sight leaf that's pretty much it..Besides, the MGC sights look as bad as the Khar examples close-up..It's far better for you to spend the money on the original Lyman sights, as you will be far happier with the result.
Back to top Go down

An odd question about Thompsons
Page 1 of 1