MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Colt M725

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2559
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:58 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Hi madmike,

Yes, the metal flashider sounds great and I hope that you will receive it soon!

I wish that they would make the M16A1 "birdcage" flashhider for the Marushin with the positive (or male)threads so I could make the 10" barreled XM as I have always liked the look.

I think that it would be easier for you to order the "accu-wedge" then try to find it in Germany and yes, it does fit just in front of the buffer tube as it is just a wedge that takes up the play between the upper and lower halves.

The wobble between the receiver and the lower is kind of distracting as otherwise this is a great modelgun it is too bad that Marushin didn't tighten up the parts fit although, I think that I know what the problem is..

Marushin has been using the old tooling on this particular modelgun series for short runs up to this point (Usually they would produce small runs and put the machinery away and produce something else like motorcycle helmets etc.) so, since the tooling used to produce them is now being asked to produce more than in the past it is wearing out...

I have noticed the real stock prices have gotten really cheap lately myself, especially the M4 stock..Unfortunately, no the stock tube has smaller fine threads on the Marushin stock assy and the real stock (buffer tube) has larger course threads.

The plastic stock itself might work however, I know that the MGC plastic stock will fit on my real AR15 as I have tried it. But, I haven't tried the Marushin (yet)

Mike, I didn't mean to make it sound that I wouldn't offer the 30 round Marushin magazine to you, I just ment that I really love mine and I wouldn't ever sell it as they are so hard to find.

I am looking for one for you and hopefully there might be more available so I can obtain one for my M16A1 rifle too.

Hey no problem! I like and I am sure everybody else here, likes to talk about any modelguns of any type CMC's, Hudson's,KSC's,Kokusai's,MGC's,Marushins etc. Besides, you will get more modelguns!

I am mystified about MGC's nomenclature choice on the M725 myself, as I was looking into that the other day..

My referance books don't show the M725 model. It shows the M653 as the 14" barreled Colt carbine w/forward assistw/sliding buttstock and the M653P (Philipppine version)and as you note, no case deflector which is a later M16A2 feature.

But,my referance books aren't very new (mostly M16A1 versions) so, the Colt M725 just may exist..Oh, by the way, using the term real "steel" when refering to the M16 series is funny as the AR15/M16 series is known for it's light weight aluminum construction!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:59 pm

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

Just a very short post from me as I am busy.

I think the combination of A1 rear sights and case deflector is fancy as I have never seen a real AR-15 with this combination. But I am not an AR-15 expert. I like them very much, but they are not common here in Germany.

They seem to have a bad reputation still as they are regarded as little reliable. This comes from the teething problems of the early XM-16. My father was a police officer in the late 60s (in Germany there is the possibility to choose between service in the Army, the Police or the civil protection (fire or medical emergency service) for young men who get drafted). As my Marushin XM177 E2 misfired once because the cap did not ignite he laughed and said that this is a VERY realistic model of "that little black rifle that wouldn´t shoot".
I know soldiers in the German Federal Army who think the new M16s are good and reliable weapons but suffer from a weak bullet and little stopping power on ranges over 400 meters. But they say the same about the HK G36 as some miss their trusted HK G3 with its powerful and accurate 7,62 round. But as the M14 in the U.S. Army this rifle was long and heavy.

As for the term "real steel" this comes from the Airsoft scene here in Germany as they call every real gun "real steel", no matter if it is steel or aluminum.

As for the "anti wobble device" I am not sure if I can order it in the U.S. due to strict weapons laws here in Germany. I wil try to find out.

As soon as I have new information about the Guarder flash hider I will post it.

I am quite sure the Marushin will not be my last modelgun. And I am sure I will keep on visiting this forum in the future because it is a great thing with good information and nice people.

Man, this has gotten a long post. I did not expect this. I have to go to bed now as it is 11.30 pm in Germany.

Greetings

Mike
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:59 pm

I couldn´t sleep so I decided to do some research about the designation of the MGC M725. It is definitly a hybrid thing between the M16A1 Carbine (M653) because of the A1 style rear sight and the M723 - M16A2 carbine because of the case deflector. I found out that there may be M16 carbines with A1 rear sight and case deflector but they have to be modified as they did not leave the factory with that combination.

M725 is not correct for a second reason: the M725 is (like the M16 A2 rifle) issued with an safe/semi/3burst trigger group. The full auto version is the M723 (like the short barreled M16 A2 Commando - M733, well known since the movie "Black Hawk Down"). So as the MGC can fire full auto it is a M723, not M725.

I hope I was not getting too deep into detail and thus becoming boring
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Seems to be my favorite topic

Actually a friend asked me if there is any difference between the MGC M725 available today and between the version which was released a few years ago? Does anyone know details? I guess the older version was darker in coulor, but I am not sure. Any other differences known?

Thanks and greetings

MadMike
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Yes, there is a difference between the early and the late versions. Actually, there are, i think, 3 versions of the MGC M725:

1. The first version M725 (HW) seems to have been chemically blackened and there are some packaging details and minor items such as the chrome plated cartridges etc.

2. While not a version, they did offer a M725 (HW) kit this too was chemically blackened. The box was of course, special because it was a kit and it seems that not too many of these where sold before MGC went bankrupt in 1994.

3. The later and the most common M725,(HW) the "silver"version seems to have skipped the chemical blackening process. Whether this was because of environmental reasons or what else, i don't know. But the sliver color doesn't look right..The box and packaging is close to the original but is still slightly different.

I think that MGC has stopped making the M725 and has concentrated on making newer versions of the M4 carbine and they have at least 4 verions of the M4 now.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm

*** Originally posted by gmanuk ***

mark you say you have a video of the m725 firing is it on your website or is there a link etc???
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:01 pm

quote]mark you say you have a video of the m725 firing is it on your website or is there a link etc???[/quote]

Yes, i do have a video of the M725 but, it's not on my website it's here: http://web3.incl.ne.jp/shiraaya/jun1-m725.htm

I have an extensive collection of modelgun video's from all over the net. So, yes, i do have the video of the M725 but it's not mine. I do believe that the video is from Gun_PB originally.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:01 pm

thanks mark
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:02 pm

No problem!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:02 pm

dont supose you no a place with videos of some dummy model guns like the m1 garand or m14 or luger etc ???
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 653
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:19 pm

I stumbled upon this thread and the comment I had made years ago regarding MGC's M725. It must have been five years ago when I bought my first long model guns, a Marushin XM177E2 kit and MGC's M725. This old post brings back a lot of memories. Back then I thought the MGC model would be more like a Colt M653 M16A1 Carbine than a A2 model. I was wrong. Early Colt M16A2 models from 1987 featured the A1 style rear sight from time to time. MGC made a precise copy of an early M16A2 Carbine with thin A1 style barrel, A1 style rear sight but A2 style case deflector. Even the natural gun grey HW finish resembles the Colt grey used back then. The only thing MGC got propably wrong was that the M725 featured the 3 rd burst, the M723 the full auto trigger group. That said I still love my M725 and its "Plain Jane" look very much. As most of my models, the M725 has its own story (Thank you, Claymore!). Maybe that is what makes it so precious to me despite its low price back then.

MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 723-733a

MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Coltcatalog1987

Compare the Colt catalog to the MGC model:

MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 EGun-M725-2

MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Egun-m725-7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Colt M725
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2