MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin M9 center fire gun kit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Empty
PostSubject: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:11 am

Hello guys,

I've just receive the gun kit and i'm very happy Smile.
You can go to the "model gun instructions" on this forum to see the complete manual.

I'm going to do a review soon and i want just to say thanks to all the people who help me to order this model gun. It's because of you that i am obliged to order an other one...yes yes, i could not resist to order another time...Pfff .

Anyway now, i'm waiting for my new model gun, it's a CAW new model army !!! Whaouuuhhh!!!

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Thank you for posting information and the manual :-)
Please also post construction photos, they will be very useful and interesting.

Modelguns are quite addicting :-D
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:55 pm

My thanks to you also Momocampo Very Happy

As smootik suggests, your account of how to build the kit will be of great interest. As you have found, addiction happens very quickly Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Yes Cerwyn but it's quite difficult to find model gun. My favorites are the marushin kit (for the moment) because you have to "build" your model gun!!!Great!!! (the kit is cheaper too).
Unfortunaly, it's hard to find.

I want to know how clean the cartridge and the model gun. Yes i have read the topics about that but i have no ultrasonic cleaner and i would clean with my hands. Which product can i use? for the cartridges and for the gun??

Thanks and see you (very soon Smile )
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 am

To clean your cartridges use the White Vinegar / Baking Soda / Hot Water method described here:

Dismantle each cartridge, remove the used cap and soak all the parts in the solution. You can use a little brush to make sure all the dirt and residue is cleaned out of the cartridge casing. Thoroughly rinse away all the solution with hot water and dry the parts completely. You can use a hair dryer for this to speed it up a little.
It's worthwhile, but time consuming, to polish the brass parts up with metal polish to stop them tarnishing.
If storing your cartridriges for a while, give all the parts a light coat of silicone oil.

To clean the gun, the dirtiest part will be the barrel, detonator pin and chamber. Strip the gun to remove the barrel. Then remove the Detonator Pin. You'll find most of the dirt can be wiped away from the pin using a rag. Immerse the barrel and Detonator Pin into the Vinegar / Baking Soda, Hot water solution and brush through the barrel to remove the built up dirt. Thoroughly rinse the barrel and pin with water. Dry these parts too.
The gun can be wiped clean using a cloth and silicone oil. Spray the oil over the magazine, I tend to spray the entire inside surfaces of the gun. Allow the oil to soak in, then wipe away using cloths, small brushes and Cotton wool buds (Q-tips)
Dirt from firing will be seen s rusty brown coloured deposits that takes a good deal of wiping to remove. Stubborn dirt can be cleaned using oil and an electric toothbrush.

Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:02 am

Ok thanks Cerwyn

So the "bath" is Vinegar / Baking Soda.

I'm now ready to build and test model gun. Don't worry, i'll take photos of the construction of my M9.

see you
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 am

Hi Mono'

Yes, the bath is white vinegar, baking soda and hot water. Soak your cartridge parts in it for 10 minutes or so, push a brush (mascara brushes are great for this job) to scrub inside the cartridge.
Thoroughly rinse everything afterwards with warm water and dry.

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 pm

I use cotton swabs to wipe out interior (and all creases) of cartridges after this bath.
It is usually one swab per cartridge, due to amount of dirt, but it works good for me. Brush should be more useful, I just need to rob a lady of her mascara ;-) For cartridge outside a toothbrush is also good, it just can't fit inside.

The sooner you clean, the easier it is :-)
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:43 am

Hello all,

That is Fantastic!!! Yes, i've just try my first model gun (the M9 marushin kit). I have only use 2 cartridges for the moment but it's really sympathic! Damn, i like that thats means i have to order others model guns...I'm lost.

Anyway, I have build the model gun kit without difficulties. You have just recognize the goods springs but it's not very hard.
The pictures of the manual are quite clear and the only moment of difficulties is when i had to mount the magazine catch. The manual is not very clear and i mount it in the wrong side, when i see that and change it, it will be easy.
I am always trying to mount the rear sight, it's really hard to put in the slide.

Exception of this little thing, the construction is easy and all is well "build". I mean you have not to sand anything, all parts are the good size(i hope you understand what i write).
A last exception is the little part number 70(a little ring) which is on the slide stop(n°54). When you put it, the slide stop don't work well, the sping which have to put the slide stop up can't do it. This is too tight. I had too remove this part and this is good (the slide stop is maintened by the grip).

A last word about the cleaning, the part which is call "detonator pin" is the part (the metal rod n°67)inside the barrel isnt'it? You say it is important to wash it but how put it away of the barrel??

See you friends Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:37 am

Momocampo wrote:
...A last word about the cleaning, the part which is call "detonator pin" is the part (the metal rod n°67)inside the barrel isnt'it? You say it is important to wash it but how put it away of the barrel??...

Hi mono', yes you are correct, the Detonator Pin is Part No 67

It is locked in place by a small threaded "grub" screw, shown ar Part No 68 (I think it's 68 not B8 although it's a little difficult to make out).
This screw can be seen on the underside of the barrel. Use Allen Key or Hexagon Key Part No 66
to remove the screw.
You may possibly need to push a rod of some sort into the barrel through the muzzle to push the Pin out after removing the screw.
When you replace everything, lubricate the screw with a small amount of silicone oil and thread back into place. Do not over tighten the screw, it can strip the thread in the barrel if you're not careful.

Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Ok thanks Cerwyn. I wonder how i can put away the detonator pin because there is a rod through the barrel (for showing that it's not a real gun). Can i break this rod? Otherwise, how did you push your detonator pin??

See you.

PS :It's really possible that i order a Wa Shan glock 17, is it true that the "ksc modelguns cartridges Cal.9mm luger center fire blowback" are good for G17??(I know i have to sand it a little bit).

Thanks
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 pm

A thin rod will slip down the barrel without having to remove the blockage (not easy to remove anyway) and you will feel it conect with the pin it can take a bit of force to push the pin out but it will go. Not sure on the KSC round fitting the glock i think you would need to adjust the length of the round (take some off the bullet head) to fit eht wa shan however my wa shan glock is a crap firer but maybe its just mine as my m9 is great.
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Ouhhh!! i'm afraid Claymore!! You say your glock 17 is a crap Shocked Shocked
Damn maybe i should buy another model gun??? Damn i don't know what to do..... I want another model gun after my great Marushin M9 but i don't know which one. I like the glock and the metal is a bonus, but i prefer a goof firer heavy weight abs than a poor firer in metal...
I like the PPK/s too, maybe i will buy this one , pff i don't know what to do.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 center fire gun kit   Marushin M9 center fire gun kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin M9 center fire gun kit
Page 1 of 1