MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black)   Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello all,

I'm back with a lot of reviews ! Yes, I have buy some new model guns and the reviews will arrive soon.

We start with a classic, the walther PPK/S by Marushin. This is the kit to assemble.

This is it :

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7460

Ok I have to tell I have no photos about all the parts. I think it's better to see the final result.
Anyway, I can say the assemble is not very hard even the size of the gun, so the size of the parts are quite small. Yes if you have big fingers, ask to your small brother to assemble it for you Smile
To compare, the PPK is a little bit harder to assemble than the Beretta M9 (By marushin too).It is very harder than the HWS Colt SAA.
At last, you must know the model gun kit are not full painted, you can see the red point on the safety is not here( I will paint it later when I will have paint). You have the sights which are not painted too.

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7461

That's we have : model gun with his magazine, 5 cartridges (quite small) and the loading tool. We have the manual too (it is already in the good section of this forum).
The magazine can load 8 cartridges (Marushin is a little bit miser...a little effort for 3 cartridges and we would have had a full magazine).
The cartridges work with 5mm caps and there are near the same than the marushin 9mm center fire cartridges :

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7465

The look is good and the heavy weight is a good thing.

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7464

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7463

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7462

This model gun is a double action. It work quite nice and I am surprised by the good sound for 5mm caps. It's a kit so you have to very well oil it before use it.
Important : Like it's say in another post, (Here : https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2555-marushin-ppk-s-stripping) the slide is awfull to remove. You have to remove some plastic of the sllide for remove it correctly and easily.

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7468

You can know if a cartridge is charged, look :

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7474
Charged.
Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7475
Not charged.

Do you see? The little pin is out when the cartridge is in.

The PPK has a decocking fonction, you have just to push down the safety and the gun decock. BUT my PPK doesn't decock.
Look at this photo :

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7472b

This the decocking: 1, the part go down, 2, the same part push the silver part which goes up and decock.
But mine can't push the silver part, when the silver part is pushed, the silver part goes...down .
Anyway, I have to pull a little bit the hammer and push the safety for decock....Not very easy.

To conclude, this model gun is quite good one. It is small and easy to manipulate. Just a problem about the stripping down but easy to fix. You must have small fingers to load cartridges...and good eyes. Smile
Here is some others photos :

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7467
Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7466
Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7473
Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7477
Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) IMG_7476

See you soon ;

Momocampo
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black)   Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks for your review momocampo, you're clearly pleased with your PPK Very Happy
Does it fire well and reliably once assembled or did you have to tne or make fine adjustments to achieve that Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net Online
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black)   Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:25 am

Thank you for your detailed review. I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black)   Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks Cerwyn and Madmike

Honestly, the assemble is quite good but less than the marushin M9, some ajustment or some pin difficult to push inside, nothing to hard.
It fires well, need to oil the slide. Only the slide stop is a little bit "capricious". One time it works, another no.
I think it is possible to post video on photobucket, I will try (and not only for ppk).

To conclude, my best kit is really the "Marushin M9 Center Fire Heavy Weight Model Gun Kit" : Everything is well and the model gun is really good balanced.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black)   Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:25 pm

I'll certainly look forwards to seeing your videos Very Happy
Photobucket is a perfect way to post and share them.

You'll have to let us see your Beretta M9 also please Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net Online
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black)   Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Cerwyn wrote:

You'll have to let us see your Beretta M9 also please Wink

Don't worry Cerwyn, I'm preparing a special review for Beretta M9, you will see soon Smile

See you Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black)   Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Walther PPK/s Center Fire Model Gun Kit (Black)
Page 1 of 1