MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit Empty
PostSubject: HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit   HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Hello guys,

Nobody can stop me and I come back with another review Smile

Today it's a revolver and it's "a classic", the Colt Single Action Army with barrel 5.5 inch. I have choosen HWS because I love the kits and I have found this one with a good price (about 100 USD).

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit 1216318109826402153

(The photo is a little bit misleading, the frame is black not grey.)

Lets's go!!!

1 / The box :

Ok I don't do photos for assembly because first it's not easy and second this model can be assembled by a 2 year old child...
The box does not contain many parts. It's my second kit (after a marushin M9) and it was "finger in the nose" assembly this one.

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6684

Ok what's in the box :

- Parts for assembly (about 40 all include)
- 6 cartridges
- User manual (tomorow in the "model gun instruction")
- loading tool

2 / Look

Anyway, you can see the ABS HW is deep black and the grip is white (like ivory). I have to say even it's plastic, this imitation ivory looks really good.

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6686
HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6687

The main frame is in ABS HW except some part in metal. The cylinder is in ABS too (shame). The hammer, the trigger, etc are metal.

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6700
HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6689

The look is good
I have to say the ABS is quite good but you will se there are a lot a defect which are incredibles.Look :

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6696
HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6697

I dont understand why but you can't avoid them...The problem is it's ABS and I don't think I can paint over it. The worst, it's there are not the only defects, look at the hammer with close-up :

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6691
HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6690

The hammer is metal and maybe I can paint it but again ,what do you do HWS in your factory???

3 / The use

Ok first you must prepare the cartridge. A good thing, it's easier than the marushin M9.
Unscrew the cartridge, put a 7mm cap in it, check with the loading tool the cap is well placed, close the cartridge and it's over.

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6694

Pull the hammer in first position (which makes the cylinder free)

Open the (I don't know the word) the "cartridge door" on the right sight of the revolver :

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6695
(you can see another defect on the cylinder just above cartridge)

Put the 6 cartridges and you are ready to fire.

Bang, bang, bang, etc.

Ok goooood!!!
Good thing is no jam, it's revolver it's simple : the hammer hit the cartridge and bang! Can we find more simple??

AFter fire, you can open de door, pull the rod down the barrel to eject cartridge :

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6699
HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6698

4 / To conclude:

Despite appearances, I like this model gun. Ok there are some defects but I don't know why I like the weight (2 weights in each grip), I like the look, I like the noise when you pull the hammer,etc... Yes I love him so much that I thought to buy another Shocked Shocked
I must say the mecanism is simple but looks strong.
I can say I am very happy to this model, I have to find now a western holster to play cow boy Smile

(I hope you gorgive me for my simple English, In France the foreign languages are not our specialities...)

Some photos :

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6701
HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6693
HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6688
HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit IMG_6685

Bye
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit   HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Another nice one! :-)

I did not realize HWS makes kits. I thought they only make fairly expensive assembled models.
"Pearl" grip looks really good on pictures, I would not realize it's plastic - good material and good finish.

Quality is surprising though, I wouldn't expect such defects. Even if this is an "old stock" model that was in storage before it was sold, it should still not come out like that :-/

Cartridge design was interesting to me, it looks like KSC revolver cartridge.

Colt SAA "cartridge door" is called "loading gate", but don't worry - I still have problems with naming almost any part of a firearm. Don't worry about your English, it is fine! For many of us here English is a foreign language, and if it causes us problems, it is a fault of English for making language so complicated ;-)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit   HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:05 pm

A really nice review! great pictures! Thanks!
keep them coming:)

PS I love ALL colt SAA modelguns:) pure simple fun!!
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit   HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:19 am

C'est magnifique, mon ami!
Vous avez raison: les SAA Colt's sont formidable!

You see my French is terrible! And your reviews are great!
Keep up the good work, mate!
'cheers'
Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit   HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks guys !!
how nice to have encouragement!!

Smootik I think you are right, it's almost sure it's a old stock but I don't mind, I think I am going to "sand" the hammer and it will be silver, maybe the trigger too. The look can be good, no?
For the other defects, it's molding defects and nothing can be done ( except if someone knows what to do).

The pearl grip also surpised me, I wanted wood grip but in fact, i like them like that.

Hey Kiwigunner, I didn't know you speak french!! Laughing Like that, my next review will be in french, it will be easier for me.
Very Happy

For the moment, I'am waiting for my KSC M93r proto, but I have to say I am now the friend of the revolver model gun.
Why??Because with a auto pistol, you have quite often "jam firing" but with revolver it's always a good fire and BAAANNG!!!

So, I have to calm down because my bank will not agree with all these orders...But it's not my fault, I have to buy A python and to conclude (maybe Smile ) a Marushin Xm177e2 !! I MUST!!!

Wink
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit   HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 pm

I should maybe try to do my next one in French, too ;-)

BTW - I did not mean that old stock is bad, often it's the only source for some models. It was just surprising to see the "dots" on metal parts. Sanding cold be a good idea, but folks with more practice should rather comment, as I have no experience with doing that.

Agreed that a revolver is so much simpler to operate :-)
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit   HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 pm

I have already sanded an complete M9 airsoft gun in full metal. It 's not hard, it's just a long time job.
The only problem in that case, is the top of the hammer. It isn't flat at all, there is some littles "holes" and this is very hard to sand well.
Anyway if i sand the hammer, I have to sand the trigger too. Or I painted black.

Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit   HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 5.5inch Revolver Model Gun Kit
Page 1 of 1