MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC MP40 round catcher

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FJ AWAY
FJ AWAY

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Adelaide South Australia
Registration date : 2009-03-29

MGC MP40 round catcher Empty
PostSubject: MGC MP40 round catcher   MGC MP40 round catcher Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:34 am

Hi all !

I just have a question that I hope one of you can answer for me . As I use my blowback cartridge firing MGC MP40 for reenacting purposes I needed to construct a round catcher for it . With a sewing machine and some material I constructed a fine copy of one that I had seen on a modelgun page with a pouch , opening flap and straps fastened with Velcro.

While this works ok , I have been wondering if anyone else has invented a better method of catching the rounds expressed out the top of a MP40 and if so would they be willing to share this information with me and others as I want soon to construct a more reliable catcher .

Regards

FJ
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11077
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 round catcher   MGC MP40 round catcher Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi FJ,

Francky sold purpose made cartridge pouches at one time. If I recall correctly, his site had photos of the pouch strapped to an MP40

www.Modelguns-Worldwide.com also show them as extras available for their MP40s (photo below)
MGC MP40 round catcher MP40catcher2

hope this helps

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
FJ AWAY
FJ AWAY

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Adelaide South Australia
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 round catcher   MGC MP40 round catcher Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks Cerwyn ,

Yes this is the catcher I made a copy of , but I find that the way it is designed that rounds tend to sometimes bounce back in the chamber and jam the bolt . Or have I just made a crappy copy ?

I would love to hear from someone who owns one of these and if they have had any problems ?

What I want to do is design a catcher that can be used in the field without the worry of jamming .

FJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 round catcher   MGC MP40 round catcher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC MP40 round catcher
Page 1 of 1