MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide Empty
PostSubject: Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide   Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 am

Hudson made Thompson M1A1
Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p051Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p061

Wait is. Big game after a long time, manufactured by Hudson Thompson M1A1 Full metal appearance.
Even though in my possession is not.
Like-minded person "boy's" Kyushu is a gem of ownership.

Some time ago, "I have an old Hudson Thompson, do you want to play with it? I want to do it,"'s had a talk was, "I do not guarantee anything, you still do," So, which was borrowed.
The goal is naturally fire blowback CP.

Now we・・・How about I wonder相成Rimasu.

Prologue

"Hey, hey. Hadosontonpu I have an old hand, send it to survive there?" It is the beginning of you and your help.
I heard Silver!
Hudson M1A1 and that Thompson is at home sleeping. Previously, what was transferred from an acquaintance thank your father (Naka Naka is interesting in this history) was a story.

Raretarashii have tried firing end to explode immediately available, is likely to accept what I was thinking I should do something.

This is it, old man funny (I ← ^ ^Wink discovered the site, "Oh, Odaterya if the old man, the dust It may be that somehow" we, silky voice (laughs) as soon as it was this have been asked by.

The referral is "Furuotoburobakku!." In the process of adjustment, this will burn the cook (←・・・even impossible), "Do you want to!" Quip and reliable.

As far as heard, the cart is included (for details just that type of explosives used cap is unknown) have only one shot. That no manual.

Model for the first time since my own touch, the old "GUN magazine's" Looking from the article, an overview in advance.
May issue, 1980 Kano "Amano Jack (T. NEMO)'s" Impressions detailed model (gunpaper) and had been published, the June issue of the 1984 Masters legendary, "says Tobe lock ( That's six parts!) "published an article has been adjusted and she very much.

As for current models are referred to an article published in April 2000 issue.
But the king with the name Hudson opponent, something that 20 years ago, probably. Worried what will happen.

Day 1

Stuff arrives. Boxes, huge ^ ^. Weight Approximately 5 kg.
To make matters worse between the courier arrived at the same time his wife and daughter came home.
・Wife daughter, "What is this (・・? (I had a wonderful way conger)."
"My edge? Oh, no, what's a little too・・・Azukari (・.・Wink."
My wife, "You're not my pc (^_-)"
"My words, You're wrong. Really, believe ( _ )"
"Wife (-.-)"・・・Who knows
I "Oh, you never to be rude! Do not believe her husband (;_Smile?"
My wife, "nothing else, the relationship is like Bambang (-_-media"
Daughter "really・・・・・・(-_-)"
"I・・・(× ×; I hit)・・・"

While receiving a cool look on the back of his wife and daughter, and my room hastily逃Ge込Mi, check the contents immediately.
Here it comes! Thompson, wearing a silver-plated! The contents are too big Dekakerya box! Heavy! Beautiful!
The four boxes were also included gunpowder caps.
Hmmm, I wonder how I'm in Kyushu yell ^ ^.

And appearance both inside and outside

Plating on the surface but there have been cloudy, it will be pretty substantial compound and polished.
Made in May 1980 when the stamp. Products for more than 20 years from now.
Surprisingly light and try to pull the bolt. Metal bolt from a moderate weight, but of course feel, lighter move than we had expected. Spring is not as strong as deaf as recoil.

According to Jack Amano's past Impression mentioned above, in order to blow back from a 10 per gunpaper 1 15 grain cart - was that necessary. So, a little scared but I was a nuisance however, was operated by hand at least feeling seemed to be enough to go from level one cart can be used to cap a closed system.

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p091

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p101

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p131

But I was surprised, the hold-open function that was about. Embarrassed to say, it did not know. To retract a bolt and an empty magazine, which is locked in the retracted position of the bolt.
The same feature of the automatic slide stop.

Hudson's恐Re入Rimashita. After checking one's appearance over the decomposition.
However, many times I say heavy, big. Even budge, "Yoisho" get out and voice.
Unmixed managed to slightly puzzled. I could easily remove the bolt and chamber.

By the way, previously entrusted to "Axel's" realism compared to the MGC on the Hudson is completely Tonpu.
Internally very good. Maybe it's not then maybe fire models.

This new pleasant surprise ^ ^ Model because it was folding after regulation, and was convinced that would have killed the ability to bypass the gas chamber is provided. However, the expectation was confirmed・・・small, surprisingly, I'm alive! (^O^)/。 (^ O ^) /. This is great!

Hole has been opened in the back chamber, through which pass the gas from the gas fire has come to be re-directed to the barrel.

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p121

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p081

Straight-through gas like models or plastic model of the straight barrel before the regulations can not be expected to, if the number of bullets fired many still full, gas fire erupted from the muzzle with certainty.
Reached here that, CP doubled willingness of (laughs).

The model being sold today is ignorance about what has happened.

Cart

Detonator Pin to the back of the chamber to confirm that the system contains the form of a chubby little moss.
That means that a model specification gunpaper.
But together, you send Cart cart fire formula powder using older piston cap.

This combination Dito from entering the hole from the tip of the cart is impossible never fired.
However, similar to the real size of the cart 45. Hudson M1A1CP current specifications (which still sells!) Kurt (M3A1 and common) to almost the same size as the real 45 and 45 will enter the real thought that maybe, you can actually see a little relief be. This cart used by real decision almost 45 CP.

Detonator

If so, then is Dito.
Dito is the original fixed by screwing a screw hole formed in the back chamber.
This is Lucky (^ ^) Most part, the thickness and the pitch is supposed to be a common thread. After looking for a thread that matches the size, you can adjust the length should suffice. I heard the hallelujah chorus of angels in my head at this point ^ ^ ♪.
・・・However, surprisingly, there is no screw fit (>_<). But a thickness just slightly different pitch Original Detonator pin's thread pitch slightly coarser.

"Blech, the pitch is different! Pinch on the pitch! (Cold ^^Wink".
Apparently, there seems to be also different types of pitches. Or is coarse-pitch screw Or・・・older.

"What is it today so far," but a little disappointed, I still探Shi回Tta many were in the corner of the junk box, I noticed that the same thread pitch of rusty red.
"Today if you go down in this holiday," I thought, this is exactly where the combined (^^)!. And that is good for flathead screwdriver, this point also, when convenient to think that removal. Shave the head of the screw should be thin and narrow when it is positive, may lose their driver into notch.
The negative point is that somehow they can use cut and easy to work mounting and removal.

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p011

In order to narrow the first head of the screw, cut the head Komu rasp. Because iron is quite troublesome opponent.
Next, cut for length adjustment Kon Kono mind firing point of the cart. ** This is also very hard;. The length is determined by the actual match.

However, just as it is screwed in a little wobble, unstable. Cause trouble and not well located in the center. I also struggled before with MGC's Thompson.

This time, keep putting the screws and washers and nuts already Dito, I screwed in just right position while they stopped, as it is locked tightly in the center well.
Dito nuts and just in case (screw) may be better fixed by a metal adhesive. (However, it was eventually replaced Dito.)

Check Feeding

Once here, make sure to assemble the model feeding.
Loaded from a magazine on the cart filled with empty real cap 45, shoot the sky. Pull the trigger and bolt forward with great force, the chamber sent a relief in the cart so no problem.
Looks like this is a little too long Dito, let it ride for a while. This is also a problem with the cart to retract a bolt was eject.
We decided to try to get it anyway once ignited.

Insert the metal caps, firing bolts were cleaned Fururikoiru (successful holding open!) But, eject failure. What a sweet moment. However, CP was confirmed that sufficient power to operate.

Including greetings, the status of the first "boy's" Kyushu notify you by email, bedtime.

Day 2 morning

Happened to get up early for the whole family excursion that her departure date. 1 hour from the time made small eyes of his wife stuck with outrageous, considering the room hurriedly shut.
Work place shall be considered after the bolt face, extractor, chamber. Kino Migaku crowded inside and outside are also included, of course.

A possible cause of the eject failure of Eve, and that cart is not fully seated on bolt face when the ejection per cart somewhere in the frame that will bounce.

Bolt Face

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p111

Looking to meet face to cart bolt which barely. Moreover, there is little difference in the size of the chamber bore size and cart (cart is wobbly), feels like there still may be inserted into the bolt face shifted from the center of the rim. It may have also affected some long Dito.

Push the cart when the chamber is not a problem, when the ejection is not firmly stuck in the rim of the cart Borutofiesu would cause a bad spill cart in the middle of a recession eject volts. So a little tip chamfered bolt face. That way, the rim will make Mari Osamu. On top of that, we fine-tune the length of Dito.

Extractor

The cart can affect the retention bolt face as well.
First, a little stronger Ekisuto SP, you can try to hold the cart securely. Much stronger and less likely to face Mari Osamu bolt rim, as described above.
Depending on the degree of face Mari Osamu bolt might have weakened the opposition.

Chamber

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p031

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p141

First a little touched in fact, in the past "GUN magazine" It's a way of adjusting published in six parts.
From the cart slot chamber, "U" is dressed up like that. A stick that looks like the path of the cart just eject right side at the top of this.
According to the Department's six people per eject the cart here, a jam occurs in the cause. To solve the suitably削Ri取Re do it with the inside of that point.

It is amenable. Prepared to deal against the legendary master. Heyday 20 years ago, now also a model, it was time feedback is also active in your identity clear distinction. Sandwich without doubt, be processed as you said (laughs). (Supplement this regard, the current model are improved methods and fixed extractor operating direction, the direction is better Katoejekuto, how this problem is being solved.)
Of course, the real work after returning home. Mon now begun to do this, the apparent absence of a will.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide   Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:15 am

HUDSON THOMPSON M1A1 PART #2

Day 2 evening

Hurry up and come home and start working.
Processing chamber and bolt face, then double-reinforced Ekisuto SP.
In this state, 45CP from 5 to prepare the cart and immediately fired. This has caused the failure is the second ejection. From blazing to clean the remaining three have succeeded.

After firing was repeated several times repeated fine-tuning, and five blazing failure. Ejection from a failure will occur without fail.
Happened just because it is not sure, because I think I fear the rim of the cart is not fully hooked bolt face.
Also seems to hit the side of the chamber, but should have been enough to overcome any power cut, so I pretty crowded.
・・・What to do now. Most quickly to the chamber with a set of bolts to replace the current model, but I sure would, I take the time and money.

The barrage of from 3-4, but rather if it can, the sound is great except fire, and felt things slow cycle.

Day 3

Came home drunk every state, no work (^ ^;

Day 4

To make it easier to interface including cart stuck bolt, bolt beveled face again.
Inner chamber a little narrow, slipping from the center to the cart, the chamber 0・try to roll up into a thin sheet of 1 mm thick stainless steel.
But out of anxiety because I seem to do anything not fixed, and try stuff. Also, now the SP is weakly Ekisuto.
The cause of the failure to use 45CP may also eject Ekisuto not match the depth of cut and angle of the rim of the cart.

As an aside, the former 45CP carts and P220 cart so that切Re込N deep rim, but to firmly take the Ekisuto from becoming cart size real shallow notches in the rim is also 9mm even 45 takes in and Ekisuto has become minimal. Think of the real evils of this well.

The firing from 5 anew in this state.
The results hold the bolt open after a successful four blazing, firing bullets into the final failure. But try again, the situation is exactly the same. Became open to hold the bolt in one shot left in the magazine.
However, four blazing feel is the best so far. You did not see clearly, but seemed much the same way to eject the cart, I felt stable cycles. After preparing for more cart, only the actual firing.

A little nervous, the tension of the Magazine spring is quite strong. Magazine loaded with ammo I knew I would feel much the SP lost power forward tension bolt.

Day 5

Apart from coordination, to clean the surface of the touch plate a little cloudy. Become much cleaner and polish compound and Shikoshiko.
Plated plastic model, the firing of the material because the resin is weakened but not suitable for firing metal model is because it protects the surface is suitable for plating. Plating thickness of some, the potential渋Ku work, but at least this model will not feel like that.

The old Hudson and past catalogs "GUN magazine," and reading articles, I feel that this model is very much like it was sold only after folding regulation.
Jack Amano's May 1980 "a model・Digest", according to what was introduced as a new release that year, by chance, had been advertising the same issue of a new release products Arguably, I think that this model has been introduced.

Secondary legislation, including the folding in 1977 (1977) and that the product so that after two years. That's why, as the muzzle comes off the gas, must have been an integral gas bypass is set in the first chamber.
In contrast, MGC's model and it was through the barrel before the regulations were developed.
It will not be allowed because the regulations, to remove gas, but gas had fitted a new bypass, it must be because of renovation, will eventually sell it as a model gave up and closed muzzle it's got a sieve.

For Hudson Thompson model gunpaper (model introduced here) the new model → CP → Piston Fire Cartridge model old bolts and repair Ekisuto Taipukatomoderu → (current model) and I traced the history of (strictly speculation, however).
Your old catalog is available in three different surface treatment, it is the black standard definitions, black deluxe model and plating.
Plated model is the way 41 000 yen price at the time.

And in the meantime, I have made about 2 hours. This is lucky. The basic adjustment and dare to try to fire it at the end to the previous day.
Was prepared from 45 CP 16 is real. Gold powder. So successful was sure that once the video is not available.
Cocking the bolt while Dokimune.
Fire emergency!

Squeeze the trigger, the bolt forward, fire Come on! ・・・ "GORI".
Funya?
Dad-gummed, magazines also lost the tension, so did not get the first shot fired from the force of good.
So try again in 15 rounds without one shot. Dokimune while squeezing the trigger again.
"Tantantantantantatsu!" Blowback continued to clean but slow pace, 14 blazing success!
I hold open the last bullet in front again, satisfied that even a grain of salt.
Great feel good I feel the weight of the metal bolt! I was impressed! Much the same way that eject the cart. Work out the sound bigger fire.

Unfortunately, the few that could not be confirmed from the muzzle gas. This is to be trained in oil or Prop Powder cart was a little disappointed but would improve a little. But this model is good.

Day 6

Fire in the morning.
This day is just the blink much interest.
One reason is gunpowder. Forgot to shut the windows of the room the night before, perhaps because the rain blew in the middle of the night was kicked away a solid powder forgotten. 15 under development, will explode from 3-4.

Reluctantly, but using a silver cap, and this is the power shortage that has hit the small amount of gunpowder. In addition, O-ring because it was quite thin, the slump appears to be spurred. If it worked the blaze about 7,8, 15 rapid-fire did not succeed.

Another point might be a bit serious.
Dito fixed because it is not perfect, but has been weakened by the impact of the firing chamber of the screw holes. Therefore, the wobble is more Dito, and it weakens the vicious circle of holes. After all, Dito is tilted even slightly, then stop successfully entering the cart. Dito biased mechanical force and then, Naonokoto exacerbate the situation.
Again, it was becoming something to consider fixing the nuts I can not help it.

Therefore, some maintenance Tsuburi eyes, Marushin CZ75 Dito back and forth to the contrary, the叩Ki込Nda chamber. If this is fixed very firmly.
Also, the point is found to be fixed Another thing I have to go through the hands a little messy. It is the path of processing on the back end Ejekushonpoto Ekisuto.
Ekisuto Kuwaeru a cart and, slightly lifted the Ekisuto. Since then almost in contact with the inner frame, if a real gun, which has been working away inside the frame. That there is digging trenches.

A model in the CMC (or even a Tanaka) was it had to do, but I guess it was only six or lab.
Minutes to work correctly, but they're not the problem, the position of the cart is filled with jam or pushed out Ekisuto unexpected, they joined forces with excessive deformation. They've become a little too warped Ekisuto arched model. Malfunction could cause it to become extreme.
However, the process is difficult, but now the only state not to pray just plain jams.

Movies

Once you edit your movie to the stage.
14 blaze of fire ended the longest shot on the first day. As usual after a tied just so short. Enjoy fine. Slow cycle, heavy duty fire Recoil shock sound.
MGC movies than you'll Thompson, Recoil should know the difference. I think you can learn about a part of the force of the Hudson.

Summary etc.

Currently, only Thompson can buy a brand new model of the Hudson. Tanaka, M1 is in the distributor's inventory may be found if you look, but then to expect, MGC and the CMC model is almost hopeless.
The Thumbs up, you work MGC, in the real CMC (Tanaka) and that, I think that Hudson was expected to further downgrade. I just thought, too.
For the first time in contact with the model of the Hudson, but some made me think again.
Gunpaper model was by chance that CP results in a simple way化Shita transformed into a model as you can see that fire in a hurry. The original design would be better off. Evidence that it was a bolt face disadvantages (extractor) is the current model was renovated, CP by the cart, hear is a great model in the strong box out.

Besides I only know the MGC model, is compared with the real full on the Hudson. The work also consisted of CP is now, not so pale. While the personal touch, the force of the fire at the Hudson feel the weight of the bolt. If you choose one, choose Hudson narrowly. Wait, that one can enjoy the minutes I would have trouble Laughing

From Hudson recently appeared in a special custom models based on this model, surface treatment (150 000 yen how!). Not only that, this model a lot, changing hands, changing the product, I feel that I still carry on making long.
For low-volume production in either case, high (55 000 yen in Sutandatomoderu) tend to be, but you can not get Oisoreto so, what model you want to do something yourself.

This "boy's Kyushu" in the kindness of your father come in with the original owner, you will not touch this valuable model fully.
"Do you want to!" With your words, as well as relieved, but felt some Puresha, to amuse you further.
I like junk to the end, sorry about whether very sorry.
Because fire can once (I do not know whether that has ever (^^Wink.

Also, send me something? Now what (?_?). ・・・・・・Getsu! (ーー;.・・・That.

HUDSON THOMPSON M1A1 VIDEO:

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide Th_ShiraayaHudsonThompson_0001

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide   Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:20 am

HUDSON THOMPSON M1A1
ハドソン製トンプソンM1A1
Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p051Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p061

お待ちかね。久し振りの大物、ハドソン社製の全金属製トンプソンM1A1の登場。
 といっても私の所有物ではない。同好の士「九州男児さん」所有の逸品である。
 しばらく前に、「古いハドソントンプがあるけど、いじってみない?好きにしてよかよ」と話を持ちかけられ、「何も保証しないけど、それでもいいなら」ということで、お借りしたものである。目的は当然にCP発火ブローバック。
 さて、今回はいかが相成りますやら・・・。

プロローグ

「ねえねえ。手元に古いハドソントンプがあるんだけど、そっちに送ったら何とかなる?」とご連絡いただいたのが事の始まり。
 聞けば、シルバーメッキ!のハドソンM1A1トンプソンがご自宅で寝ているとのこと。以前、お父上がお知り合いの方からお礼として譲り受けられたもの(この経緯がなかなかに面白い)というお話であった。
 入手直後発火を試みられたらしいが不発に終わり、何とかしようと思いながらそのままになっていたものだそうである。
 それが今回、変なオッサン(←私^^Winkのサイトを発見し、「おっ、このオッサンならおだてりゃ、何とかするかもしれんばい」と考え、猫なで声(笑)で依頼されてこられたという次第。
 依頼内容は「フルオートブローバック!!」。調整の過程で、煮こうが焼こうが(←無理だって・・・)、「好きにしてよか!」との頼もしいお言葉。
 お聞きした限りでは、付属するのはカート(キャップ火薬使用タイプということだけで詳細は不明)が1発のみ。取説なしということ。

私自身初めて触るモデルなので、古い「GUN誌」から資料を探し、事前に概要を把握。
 1980年5月号には、かの「ジャック天野さん(ネモ忠)さん」の詳細なインプレッション(紙火薬モデル)が掲載されていたし、1984年6月号には伝説的名人「ロック戸部さん(あの六人部さん!)」の調整記事が掲載されており、大変助かった。また、現行モデルに関しては2000年4月号に紹介記事が掲載されている。
 しかし相手は名にしおうハドソン、それもおそらく20年近く前のもの。どうなるか心配。

第1日目

ブツが到着。箱、でか^^;。重量約5キロ。
 間の悪いことに、妻と娘が帰宅したと同時に宅急便が到着。
 妻・娘「なにこれ(・・?(ちなみに見事にハモっていた)」。
 私「エッ?あ、いや、なに、ちょっとあずかりもの・・・(・.・Wink。」
 妻「買ったんじゃないでしょうね(^_-)」
 私「ち、違うよ。ほんと、信じて( _ )」
 妻「・・・どうだか(-.-)」
 私「あっ、お前なんて失礼なことを!夫を信じられないのか(;_Smile?」
 妻「ほかはともかく、バンバン関係はね(-_-メ」
 娘「・・・ホント・・・(-_-)」
 私「・・・(××;当たってる)・・・」

妻と娘の冷ややかな視線を背中に受けながら、そそくさと自分の部屋に逃げ込み、早速中身を確認。
 出た!シルバーメッキを身にまとったトンプソン!箱もでかけりゃ中身もでかい!重い!きれい!
 なお、キャップ火薬も4箱同梱されていた。
 う~ん、九州の方は気合入ってるなぁ^^;。

内外観等

表面のメッキには曇りが生じているけれども、コンパウンドで磨けば相当きれいになるだろう。
 刻印からすると1980年5月製。今から20年以上も前の製品。
 ボルトを引いてみると案外軽い。もちろん金属ボルトであるからそれなりの重さは感じるが、予想したよりは動きが軽い。リコイルSPもさほど強くないようである。
 上で述べた過去のジャック天野さんのインプレションによれば、ブローバックさせるにはカート1発当たり紙火薬が10~15粒必要ということであった。それで、どんなに厄介なものなのかちょっとビクビクしていたのだが、少なくとも手動で作動させた感じでは閉鎖系カートを使用すればキャップ1発で十分行けるレベルに思えた。
Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p091Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p101
Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p131
 ただ、びっくりしたのは、ホールドオープン機能がついていたこと。恥ずかしながら、これは知らなかった。マガジンが空の状態でボルトを後退させると、ボルトが後退位置でロックされるのである。オートマチックのスライドストップ機能と同じこと。
 恐れ入りましたハドソンさん。 外見を一渡り確認した後、分解。しかし、何度も言うが、重い、でかい。ちょっと動かすにも「ヨイショ」と声が出てしまう。
 少し戸惑ったがなんとか上下に分離。ボルトとチャンバーも簡単に取り外すことが出来た。
 ちなみに、以前お預かりした「アクセルさん」のMGCトンプと比べるとリアルさは完全にハドソンが上。
 内部は大変きれい。もしかすると未発火モデルなのかもしれない。
 ここで新たな嬉しい驚き(^^)。長物規制後のモデルだったので、チャンバーに設けられているガスバイパス機能も殺されているだろうなと思い込んでいた。ただ、僅かな期待を込め確認したところ・・・、なんと、生きてる!(^O^)/。これは嬉しい!チャンバー奥に穴が開けられており、そこから発火ガスがガスバイパスを通り、再びバレルへ導かれるようになっている。
Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p121Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p081
規制前の直管バレルモデルや樹脂製モデルのようなストレートなガス抜けは期待できないにしても、それでも多弾数をフル発火すれば、確実にマズルから発火ガスは噴出する。
 ことここに至り、CP化に対する意欲が倍増した(笑)。
 ただし、現在販売されているモデルはどうなっているかについては不知。

カート

チャンバー奥のディトを確認すると、ちょっと太目のコケシ状のものが入っている。ということはこのモデル紙火薬仕様ということになる。
 ところが、一緒にお送りいただいたカートはキャップ火薬を使用する旧タイプのピストンファイア式カート。
 この組合せではカート先端のホールにディトが入らないから、絶対に発火は無理。
 ただし、カートのサイズは45リアルとほぼ同じ。現行のハドソンM1A1CP仕様(今でも売っている!)のカート(M3A1と共通)もほぼ45リアルと同じサイズであるから、おそらく45リアルが入るだろうとは思っていたが、実際に確認できちょっとホッとする。これで使用するカートは45リアルCPにほぼ決定。

ディトネーター

そうなると、後はディトである。
 オリジナルのディトはチャンバー奥に設けられたねじ穴にねじ込むことにより固定されている。
 これはラッキー(^^)v。大概、ねじの太さやピッチは共通のはず。後はサイズが合致するねじを探し、長さを調整すれば事足りるはず。この時点で頭の中で天使がハレルヤを合唱するのが聞こえた^^♪。
 ・・・ところが、なんと、合うねじがない(>_<)。太さはちょうどなのだが、ピッチが僅か違う(TT)。オリジナルのディトのピッチは少し粗い。
 「ゲッ、ピッチが違う!ピッチでピンチ!(寒~^^Wink」。
 どうやら、ピッチにもいろいろ種類があるらしい。それとも粗いピッチは古いタイプのねじなのかな・・・。
 「今日はこれまでかな」と少し落胆したが、それでもいろいろ探し回ったところ、ジャンクボックスの隅にあった、赤く錆びたねじのピッチが同じことに気が付いた。
 「これで駄目なら今日はお休み」と思い、合わせたところこれがぴったり(^^)!。しかも、うまいことにマイナスドライバー用であり、この点も、取り外しする際のことを考えると好都合。ねじの頭は細く削らなければならないが、プラスだと細くした場合、ドライバーが入る切れ込みがなくなってしまうことがある。その点マイナスは何とか切れ込みを生かせることから、取り付け取り外し作業をしやすい。Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p011
 そこで、まずねじの頭を細くするため、やすりで頭を削りこむ。相手が鉄だからかなり面倒。ついで、カートの発火ポイントを念頭に長さ調整のため金のこで切断。これも苦労した**;。長さは現物合わせで判断。
 ただ、そのままねじ込んだだけでは少しぐらつき、不安定。センターにうまく位置していないとトラブルの原因になる。以前のMGCトンプでも苦労したところ。

今回は、あらかじめディトとなるねじにナットとワッシャーを入れておき、それらを頃合の位置に止めたままねじ込んだところ、そのままうまくセンターできっちり固定された。
 念のためナットとディト(ねじ)は金属接着剤で固定した方がいいかもしれない。(ただし、結局ディトは交換することとなった・・・。)

フィーディング確認

ここで一旦、モデルを組み立ててフィーディングを確認する。
 45リアルカートに空キャップを詰めた上でマガジンに1発装填、空撃ち。トリガーを引くとボルトは勢いよく前進、問題なくカートをチャンバーに送り込んだようで一安心。
 ちょっとディトが長すぎるような感じであるが、しばらくはそのままにしておく。ボルトを後退させるとこれも問題なくカートはエジェクトされた。
 そこで、一度このままで発火させてみることとした。
 金キャップをセットし、発火したところボルトはきれいにフルリコイル(ホールドオープン成功!)したが、エジェクトは失敗。ちょっと甘かったかな。ただ、CPパワーで十分作動することが確認できた。
 あいさつも含め、初日の状況を「九州男児さん」にメールでお知らせし、就寝。

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide   Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:21 am

HUDSON THOMPSON M1A1 PART #2

第2日目早朝

たまたま、娘の修学旅行出発日ということで家族全員が早起き。小1時間ほど時間が出来たことから、あきれる妻の視線を尻目に、そそくさと部屋に閉じこもり検討。
 あと作業しなければならないと考えられる箇所は、ボルトフェイス、エキストラクター、チャンバー。もちろん内外の磨きこみも含まれる。
 前夜のエジェクト不良の原因として考えられるのは、ボルトフェイスにカートがしっかり固定されていないということと、エジェクトされた際、フレームのどこかにカートが当たり、跳ね返されるということ。

ボルトフェイス

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p111 ボルトフェイスにカートを合わせてみると、これがぎりぎり。また、チャンバー内径のサイズとカートのサイズに少し差があり(カートがぐらつく)、リムがボルトフェイスの中心よりずれたまま挿入される場合があるような感じ。若干ディトが長いことも影響しているかもしれない。
 カートをチャンバーに押し込む際には問題はないが、エジェクトの際にはカートのリムがしっかりボルトフィエスにはまっていないと、ボルト後退の途中でカートがこぼれエジェクト不良を起こしてしまう。そこで、ボルトフェイス先端部を少し面取り。そうすれば、リムが納まりやすくなるだろう。その上で、ディトの長さを微調整していく。

エキストラクター

これもボルトフェイスのカート保持力に影響すること。
 まずは、エキストSPを少し強め、確実にカートを保持できるようにしてみる。あまり強くすると、上記で述べたようにボルトフェイスにリムが納まりにくくなる。
 ボルトフェイスへの納まり具合次第では、反対に弱める必要があるかもしれない。

チャンバー

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p031Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide M1a1p141 
実は最初に少し触れた、過去の「GUN誌」に掲載された六人部さんの調整方法がこれ。
 チャンバーをカート挿入口から見ると、「U」のような格好をしている。この右側側面上部がちょうどエジェクトされたカートの通り道に突き出すようになっているのである。
 六人部さんによれば、ここにエジェクトされたカートが当たり、それが原因でジャムが発生するという。解消するには、その箇所の内側を適当に削り取ればよいとのこと。
 これには素直に従う。なんせ相手は伝説的名人。それも今から20年前のモデルガン全盛期、ご本人も一線で活躍されていた時代のご意見。疑いを挟むことなく、おっしゃるとおりに加工する(笑)。(この点に関し補足、現行のモデルではエキストラクターの固定方法と作動方向が改良されており、カートエジェクト方向が改善され、この問題は解消されている様子である)。
 もちろん実際の作業は帰宅後にする。こんなもん今からやり始めたら、欠勤になるのは明白。

第2日目夜

とっとと帰宅し、作業開始。
 ボルトフェイスとチャンバーを加工し、エキストSPをダブルにして強化。この状態で、45CPカートを5発準備し、早速発火。これは2発目がエジェクト不良を起こした。残り3発はきれいに連射成功。
 その後、微調整を繰り返しながら何度か発火を繰り返したが、5連射には失敗。1発は必ずエジェクト不良が発生する。
 一瞬の出来事なので確認できないが、ボルトフェイスに完全にカートのリムがはまっていないのが原因ではなかろうかと思う。チャンバー側面にも当たっているようではあるが、結構削り込んだので勢いがあれば乗り越えられる程度になっているはず。さてどうしようか・・・。現行モデルのボルト一式とチャンバーに交換するのが一番手っ取り早く、確実なんだろうけど、お金と時間がかかるしなぁ。
 なお、3、4発の連射であれこれいうことは出来ないが、発火音は以外に大きく、また、サイクルはスローなものに感じた。

第3日目

酔っ払い状態で帰宅につき、作業不可(^^;

第4日目

ボルトフェイスにカートがはまり込みやすくなるように、ボルトフェイスを再度面取り。
 チャンバー内径を少しでも狭め、カートがセンターからずれないように、チャンバー内に0・1ミリ厚のステンレスの薄板を丸めて挿入してみる。何も固定していないので外れてきそうで不安だが、ものは試し。それと、エキストSPを今度は弱くする。
 なお、使用する45CPカートのリム部の切れ込みの深さと角度がエキストと合っていないのもエジェクト不良の一因かもしれない。

余談だが、旧45CPカートやP220カートはリムが深く切れ込んでいるので、エキストのかかりがしっかりとしているが、リアルサイズカートになってからは45も9ミリもリムの切れ込みが浅く、エキストとのかかりが最小限となっている。この点もリアル化の弊害と考える。

この状態で改めて5発で発火。
 結果は4連射成功後ボルトがホールドオープンし、最終弾の発火には失敗。もう一度挑戦したが、状況はまったく同じ。マガジンに1発残した状態でボルトがホールドオープンするようになってしまった。
 しかし、それまでの4連射の感触は最高。はっきり確認したわけではないが、カートのエジェクト方向もほぼ同じようであったし、サイクルも安定したものに感じた。後はもっとカートを準備し、実際に発火するだけ。
 ちょっと心配なのは、マガジンSPのテンション。結構強い。多弾数装填するとマガジンSPテンションにボルトの前進力が負けてしまいそうな気がする。

第5日目

調整はさておき、少々曇り気味の表面のメッキをきれいにする。コンパウンドでシコシコ磨くとかなりきれいになっていく。
 樹脂製モデルのメッキは、素材の樹脂が弱くなるので発火には不向きだが、金属製モデルの場合はメッキが表面を保護しているので発火には適している。多少メッキの厚みで、作動が渋くなる可能性はあるが、少なくともこのモデルの場合はそのようなことは感じられない。

なお、古いハドソンのカタログや過去の「GUN誌」の記事などを読むと、どうもこのモデルは長物規制後に初めて販売されたもののような気がする。
 1980年5月のジャック天野氏の「モデルガン・ダイジェスト」によれば、その年に新発売されたような紹介内容であったし、たまたま、同号に掲載されていた広告では新発売製品としてこのモデルが紹介されていたことからも間違いないと思う。
 長物を含む第二次法規制は昭和52年(1977年)だからその2年余り後の製品ということとなる。それだからこそ、マズルからガスが抜けるように、はじめからチャンバー一体式のガスバイパスがセットされていたに違いない。
 これに対し、MGCのモデルは規制前に開発されたものであったことから貫通バレル。それが、規制により許されなくなったため、ガスを抜くには新たにガスバイパスを設けなければならなかったが、そのためには大改修しなければならず、結局それは諦め銃口を閉鎖したモデルとして販売せざるを得なかったのだろう。

ハドソンのトンプの場合、紙火薬モデル(今回紹介モデル)→旧型ピストンファイアカートモデル→新型CPタイプカートモデル→ボルト及びエキスト改修モデル(現行モデル)という変遷をたどったものと思う(ただしあくまで推測)。
 手持ちの古いカタログでは、その表面処理の違いで3種類あり、それはブラックのスタンダート、ブラックのデラックス、そしてこのメッキモデル。ちなみにメッキモデルは当時の価格で41000円とされている。

とそうこうしているうちに、2時間ほど時間が出来てしまった。これはラッキー。基本的な調整は前日までの段階で終了しているので思い切って発火してみることとした。
 用意したのは45リアルCPを16発。火薬は金。成功の確信があったわけではないが一応ビデオを用意する。
 ドキムネしながらボルトをコッキング。
 いざ発火!
 トリガーを絞る、ボルトが前進する、さあ発火!・・・「ごり」。
 フニャ?
 ありゃりゃ、やはりマガジンテンションに負け、初弾はうまく発火するまでの勢いが得られなかったよう。
 そこで、1発抜き15発で再度挑戦。再びドキムネしながらトリガーを絞る。「タンタンタンタンタンタッ!」とスローなペースながらきれいにブローバックが続き、14連射に成功!やはり最終弾前でホールドオープンしてしまったが、それを割り引いても大満足。
 金属ボルトの重みを十分感じる素晴らしい感触!感動した!エジェクトされたカートの方向もほぼ同じ。発火音も大きく迫力がある。
 残念なのは、マズルからのガスがほとんど確認できなかったこと。これはカート内にオイルかプロップパウダーを仕込めば、もう少し改善するだろうがちょっと期待を裏切られた。しかしこのモデルはいい。

第6日目

朝から発火。
 ただこの日は調子が今ひとつ。
 原因の一つは火薬。前夜部屋の窓を閉めるのを忘れ、夜半に降った雨が吹き込んだせいか、しまい忘れた火薬がしっかりしけっていた。15発中、3、4発が不発。
 しかたなく、銀キャップを使用したが、これがまた、火薬量の少ないのに当たってしまったようでパワー不足。また、Oリングもかなり痩せていたため、不調に拍車をかけたようである。7、8連射くらいならうまくいったが、15連射は成功しなかった。
 もう一点はちょっと深刻かも。
 ディトの固定が完璧でないため、発火の衝撃でチャンバーのネジ穴が弱ってきてしまった。そのため、一層ディトがぐらつき、それがまた、ネジ穴を弱めるという悪循環。あげくに、ディトがわずかでも傾くと、カートにうまく入らずそこでストップ。そうするとまたディトに偏った衝撃が加わり、なおのこと事態を悪化させる。
 やはり、ナットの固定を何か考えるべきであったが今となってはどうしようもない。
 そこで、メンテナンスには多少目をつぶり、マルシンCZ75のディトを前後反対にして、チャンバーに叩き込んだ。これであればかなりしっかり固定される。
 あと、もう一点修正すべき点が見つかったが、ちょっと厄介なので手を出さずにいる。それは、エジェクションポート後端裏側のエキストの通り道の加工。
 エキストがカートをくわえると、若干エキストが浮き上がる。そうするとフレーム内部に接触しそうになるため、実銃の場合、フレーム内部にその逃げ加工がされている。溝が掘ってあるということ。
 モデルガンではCMC(タナカもかな)がそうなっていたのだったかな、それとも六研のものだけだったかな・・・。
 正常に作動する分には問題はないのだろうが、ジャムしたりすると詰まったカートの位置によってはエキストが予想外に外に押し出され、無理な力が加わり変形してしまう。このモデルも少々エキストが弓なりに反ったようになってしまっている。これが極端になると作動不良を起こしかねない。しかし、加工が難しく、今はただひたすらジャムしないよう祈るだけの状態。

ムービー

上記までの段階で一旦ムービーを編集。
 結局一番長い連射は初日に撮影した14連射。後は短いものばかりなのでいつもどおりつないである。それでも結構楽しめる。スローなサイクルに、大き目の発火音とリコイルショック。
 MGCトンプのムービーと比べていただければ、リコイルショックの違いが分かるはず。ハドソンの迫力の一端をうかがい知ることが出来ることと思う。

まとめなどなど

現在、新品で購入できるトンプソンはハドソンのモデルだけ。探せば流通在庫でタナカのM1が見つかるかもしれないが、期待薄だし、MGCやCMCのモデルはほぼ絶望。
 巷の評判では、作動ならMGC、リアルさではCMC(タナカ)とのことで、ハドソンは一段格下とみられていたように思う。私も単純にそう思っていた。
 しかし今回初めてハドソンのモデルに接し、少し考えを改めさせられた。
 たまたま紙火薬モデルであったが、それを簡単な方法でCP化した結果、ご覧のとおりそこそこに発火できるモデルに変身。もともとの設計が良かったのだろう。それが証拠に、欠点であったボルトフェイス(エキストラクター)が改修された現行モデルは、CPカートにより、箱出しで素晴らしく好調なモデルになっていると聞く。
 私はほかにMGCのモデルしか知らないが、比べればリアルさでは完全にハドソンが上。作動もCP化が成った今では、それほど見劣りはしない。個人的感触ながら、発火時の迫力はボルトの重量を感じるハドソンが上。どちらかを選ぶとしたら、僅差でハドソンを選ぶ。まっ、その分苦労するだろうけどそれも楽しみの一つ(笑)。

最近ハドソンから、このモデルをベースに表面処理をカスタムしたスペシャルモデルが登場した(なんと150000円!)。それに限らず、どうもこのモデル、手を変え、品を変え、まだまだ長くつくり続けていきそうな気がする。
 いずれにしても少量生産のため、高額(スタンダートモデルでも55000円)になりがちで、そうおいそれと手に入れることは出来ないが、何とかして自分のものにしたいモデルである。

今回は、「九州男児さん」と本来の持ち主でいらっしゃるお父上のご厚意で、この貴重なモデルを存分に触らせていただいた。
 「好きにしてよか!」とのお言葉には、ホッとするとともに、若干のプレシャーを感じたのが、それ以上に楽しませていただいた。
 結局ジャンクにしてしまったようで、大変申し訳ないがどうかご容赦願いたい。一応発火は出来ますので(いつまで持つかわかんないけど(^^Wink

・・・えっ?また、なんか送るって?今度は何(?_?)。・・・・・・ゲッ!(ーー;。あれは・・・。

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide   Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shiraaya's Definitive Review & Modifications Guide
Page 1 of 1