MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin S&W Model 2 Army

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11074
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin S&W Model 2 Army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin S&W Model 2 Army   Marushin S&W Model 2 Army Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Claymore

Is this a pfc John or dummy? have to say not my thing but that said a couple of years ago i thought sten guns were ugly and would not touch one, now i love em!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Marushin S&W Model 2 Army   Marushin S&W Model 2 Army Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:10 pm

I've assembled this kit, here are comments applicable to my piece:
  1. the look is great, I really like Model 2 Army for being so different! :-)
  2. quality is ok, after you shave off some molding form remains it's better. Material is HW (external), metal (hammer, top assembly and inside parts), wood (grips). Weight is good after assembly - frame/barrel alone feel too light.
  3. parts are not well fitted: front barrel wobbles about 2-3mm back/front and left/right. This is due to to "ears" that hold both parts together. There are two on the sides (protruding from lower frame) and one in the middle (protruding from front barrel). Middle hole is bigger than the screw that holds everything together = wobble.
  4. cyllinder is quite loose, it moves 2-3mm front-back. As the hammer enters cylinder area very shallow (1mm?) it will not push the cartridge onto firing pin, unless you push cylinder backwards to minimise the gap. Even then is is very difficult to get revolver to fire.
  5. after pulling the hammer, cylinder does not align with barrel. It looks as if the pin that pushes cylinder to the next position does not push it enough. Result is that further cocking hammer does not advance cylinder at all, as it is left in "undefined" state. This is probably due to too much play in cylinder mentioned in the previous point.
  6. hammer self-destroys itself during each strike. It's upper side strikes the part that is supposed to keep cylinder aligned. More precisely the swallow-tail, thin part that goes inside spring-loaded assembly on top.
  7. mentioned above "swallow-tail" part falls out from the spring-loaded assembly. This is because the assembly is held in place just like frame/barrel with three "ears" and a pin. Middle ear is too large, the upper part moves around too much up and the middle "tail" part falls out, blocking the wholemechanism.

Except for the good looks (which will be better once I fix wobbly barrel problem) this revolver manages to detonate a cap only once in a while, so far.

Your comments are more than welcome Smile

PS: not sure if this comment should go to "troubleshooting" first before being in "reviews"
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11074
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin S&W Model 2 Army   Marushin S&W Model 2 Army Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi smootik,

Thanks for your review Smile Problems as you've described fit well in "Reviews" as well as "Troubleshooting" so I'll copy & paste it over for you Wink
Shouldn't be surprised if one or two of the guys here respond to your Post with sollutions to get your revolver sorted Exclamation

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin S&W Model 2 Army   Marushin S&W Model 2 Army Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin S&W Model 2 Army
Page 1 of 1