MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica

Go down 
+3
Pydracor
jim
kiwigunner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Empty
PostSubject: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:28 am

At the risk of being off-topic, this Daisy M1odel loads bbs into plastic shells, which eject after firing the bb.
It is a single shot springer - and is boxed, and is extremely rare.
Just wondering if it's a worthwhile addition to get for my armoury?'confused'
It's for sale locally (Auckland).
Any comments and feed back would be appreciated - e.g. historical value and worth to a collector?
I might buy it anyway......to trade for a PFC MGC Luger P08 ! Any takers?

http://users.rcn.com/ed.ma.ultranet/toyguns.html - go to near the bottom of page for a photo.

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 6:56 am

This topic should be more suitable to the GBB section - but I reckon the GBB section should change its name and expand it to shell-ejecting airsoft as well because some of it are quite realistic and worth a mention (such as recently Tanaka's bolt action shell ejecting rifles)...

And Kiwi - once again: get it while you can no matter what Laughing
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:57 am

Thanks Jim.
I've placed a bid, so we'll see how it goes. 'Cool'

Kiwigunner

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Daisygun

Maybe a Moderator can put this in the appropriate section..... 'Suspect'

Last edited by kiwigunner on Fri May 20, 2011 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added photo)

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:20 pm

I think I can give some background info here Smile Not really much more than on the toy guns homepage, but well, I only saw that link after I already posted this here Rolling Eyes

Got my hands on a Daisy M870 Shotgun last year and it is from the same series. I wrote a review about this gun and gathered some information. Not sure, if the first part of this is interesting at all, as it is information about Daisy's history, but I'll start at the beginning nontheless and just translate that part of my review Smile

Salesman Clarence Hamilton found investors for his business and founded the "Plymouth Iron Windmill Company" in 1882 (hey, I said I'll start at the beginning! Very Happy)
Under the pressure of competing companies he was looking for new ways to make his products more interesting for customers and he had an idea: A friend of his had created an airgun made out of metal. This was a novelty, as all the airguns to date were made out of wood.
Hamilton started a business partnership with this friend and every customer of a windmill got an airgun for free.

1886, Lewis Cass Hough, at that time president of the Plymouth Windmill Company, tested one of the airguns and according to Daisy's homepage he shouted enthusiastically: "Boy, that's a daisy!"

The metal airguns, which didn't look much like real guns back then were a huge success.
1895 the company sold more airguns than windmills and the management decided to stop windmill production and change the name of the company to "Daisy", as a tribute to Hough's exclamation.

Hamilton, who still owned the company began to produce .22 guns and sold Daisy 1898, to concentrate on the .22s.
(his son continued to produce these with good success and built real gun parts during WWII. Afterwards, interest for .22 guns dropped and the company had to close it's gates)

Daisy had incredible successes with their airguns and in the first 10 years of the 20th century, they saw over 30 competing companies come and go. Starting from 1902, Daisy was under the same corporate management for over 60 years. Bennet and Hough led Daisy with a steady hand through two world wars, the great depression and various other hard times and died at the end of the 50s.

In the 60s, Daisy added airguns to their range that looked more like real guns, like their Model 94, which resembled a Winchester 1894 lever action rifle. As these "real gun replicas" were successful, it's small surprise, that Daisy sooner or later got interested in Airsoft.

During the mid-80s, when Airsoft already was widely established in Japan, Daisy was interested in selling these replicas in the US.
1986, Daisy began to import various airsoft guns from Maruzen and one from FTC (Falcon Toy Corporation) and just rebranded them with their own trademarks. All the imported models were srping powered and fired 6mm BBs out of shells, which were manually ejected after the shot.

To add a bit of own, well, let's call it "creativity", Daisy decided to not call these guns "Airsoft", they decided to call them "Softair". Very creative...

However, this was Daisy's production lineup:

Rifles and MPs:

Model 12: KG-9 (TEC-9 with silencer)

Model 13: Mini-Uzi

Model 14: Ruger Mini-14 with pistol grip

Model 15: H&K MP5K

Model 870: Remington 870 Wingmaster Pump shotgun

Pistols and Revolvers:

Model 4: Colt Python .44

Model 8: Luger 9mm

Model 9: Beretta M-92 U.S. Army sidearm

Model 38: Walther P-38

Model 45: Colt .45 Auto U.S. Army sidearm

Model 57: .357 Magnum revolver

Model 59: Smith and Wesson Model 59 automatic

All the models were originally built by Maruzen, only the MP5K came from FTC.
Especially the Ruger Mini-14 and the MP5K looked a bit strange, as they had pump-foregrips to reload the gun, so they were not 100% accurate replicas.

Still, Anti-Firearms-groups were furious about these replicas, that sported a level of realism unlike anything before.
In fact, Daisy had ads with phrases like:
"So accurate in detail you'll swear it's the real thing!...a 'must have' for paramilitary enthusiasts of all ages!"

Trying to attract customers with such aggressive advertisements was not a good idea, and only one year after their release, Daisy had to succumb to the Anti-Firearms-groups and stopped airsoft sales.
Daisy seems to be pretty ashamed due to these bad decisions and they don't have any information about their "airsoft ventures" on their homepage and they don't reply to requests regarding this topic.

So if you can get your hands on a Daisy Airsoft gun, there are a few facts, that you can be certain of:
- The "Softair" gun definitely was made between 1986 and 1987.
- It probably is a Maruzen gun, except when you have the MP5K (as offered in that auction Wink), then it's an FTC
- It's a shell ejecting springer with low power
- It's relatively rare, whereas the Model14: Ruger Mini-14 and Model15: H&K MP5K are the rarest and most valuable.
- In general, you'll find only very few Daisy airsoft guns outisde the US

My suggestion: Get this gun Smile It's pretty rare and a part of airsoft history as well as a part of one of the biggest airgun company's history (even if they are ashamed of it Wink)
As to the actual value of the gun: Always very hard to tell, you need to find the right collector... maybe something around 100 - 150 USD I'd say.

Back to top Go down
metradio
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
metradio

Number of posts : 68
Location / Country : Slough, Berkshire, UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:31 pm

kiwigunner wrote:

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Daisygun

Seeing the picture of the Soft Air MP5K reminds me I purchased one in the early 80's, is a nice toy..
I still have it complete in the box somewhere Mad

Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HT600E
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Hey guys, thanks very much for the info. So it's Maruzen NOT Marushin - as the guy advertised here.
Incidentally, there's a Daisy Model 14 (Ruger) up for auction here for NZ$450 buy now with $420 reserve,,, sounds a bit expensive.... is it ??? 1 NZ$ = US 75 cents (approx).

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Hunting-shooting/Air-guns-parts/BB-guns/auction-377864145.htm

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 4:50 pm

jim wrote:
This topic should be more suitable to the GBB section - but I reckon the GBB section should change its name and expand it to shell-ejecting airsoft as well because some of it are quite realistic and worth a mention (such as recently Tanaka's bolt action shell ejecting rifles)...

Good Idea Jim Very Happy , there's TOP's shell ejecting AEG too of course. I'll sort it Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:08 pm

@ Kiwigunner: Nope, not exactly. The MP5K was not made by Maruzen, it was made by FTC. Every other Daisy airsoft gun was made by Maruzen, though.
Marushin, however, as the guy states in the auction, is totally wrong Smile

As I said, it's hard to tell, how much these old guns are worth. He might be lucky and find someone, who's willing to pay that much, I'd rather not (and I am a pretty enthusiastic Classic Airsoft collector). Ok, it still has it's original box, all the cartridges and it looks like it even has the old paper targets, but I wouldn't pay more than 200 US $ for this.

Also, their build quality is extremely low. Everything's pretty bad looking 80's plastic and the M870 I have is anything but rigid, so all they have going for them is the fact, that they eject shells, and that they are old and pretty rare.
Everyone has to decide for himself, if that's enough to justify spending that much money Smile
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
jim wrote:

Good Idea Jim Very Happy , there's TOP's shell ejecting AEG too of course. I'll sort it Wink

Thanks Cerwyn - You're The Man Laughing !

Actually - I reckon any airsoft with shells can be discussed here as well (such as airsoft revolvers / CAW's grenade launchers etc)...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Pydracor - according to your pictures it seems this classic Daisy/Maruzen M870 have a real chamber unlike the current batch isn't it? In this regard this is more realistic...
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 118
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Mine isn't in a Daisy box!   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:20 pm

I have the MP5K, but it isn't in a "Daisy" box! I can't recall the manufacturer's name and it's away in the loft, I'll dig it out, photograph it and put the pictures up. I also have the KG-9!

Wink
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:27 am

Well I won the auction for NZ$99.00 incl freight. 'cheers'

Anyone want to trade for a metal Colt .45 semi-auto PFC or a MGC P08 Luger PFC pistol??? 'affraid'

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:54 am

Thanks Cerwyn for sorting the topic! 'Very Happy'

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 236
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:54 am

I've got the mini-uzi, as well as a H&K P7 that is similar and may or may not be from the same people... load bbs in to plastic shells. It's a bit odd in that you cock it by pushing the spring-power slide forward until it clicks, and when you pull the trigger the slide goes back and the casing comes out- so it's just like every shot you fire is the last shot in the magazine.

Haven't actually used either one of them yet, as props, so I'd be willing to part with 'em if anyone's particularly interested. They're kinda cool, but less usable than something like the shell ejecting gas blowbacks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:19 am

The Mp5K arrived today in its original box with a sling. Only 1 shell! But I've found some more on eBay!
Will post pics and a review shortly.

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Well at last here are the photos! 'cheers'

I waited until I had managed to get some new shells - the gun had arrived with only 1 - and thanks to some help from a Forum member - bornintheuussr - now have 10 more! !(Thanks)

The photos speak for themselves but I shall post a review about using the MP5-K at some target practice when I get a chance to do so - soon!
Note: you can read the MADE IN JAPAN lettering on the lower right hand side of the lettering picture.

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica 01Boxlid

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica 03Rightside

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica 07charging

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Selector

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica 05loading

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica 08sights[center]

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica 10operation

While underpowered by today's standards, this is a well-make Airsoft Daisy Softair machine pistol - and is actually quite fun to play with! 'Very Happy'

The selector switch on my model is a bit loose, and I will need to figure a remedy to tighten it; other than that is seems to be in mint condition and operates well.

And it's nice to own a part of American Airsoft shell-ejecting Modelgun history!

Kiwigunner

Last edited by kiwigunner on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added 1 photo)

Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: MP5K   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 am

Yes, that is the one I have! It isn't in a Daisy box, but a red and black box (it must be FTC - it's still in the loft!) I have a feeling that it was imported by the Sussex Armoury (IIRC the box has an importers sticker on it)

My KG-9 is a Maruzen - sadly no box!
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 am

It is a piece of history .... which I on sold to a local collector, as my other modelguns keep increasing for some strange reason! What a Face
Limited storage room now ! Evil or Very Mad

Kiwigunner.
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: MP5K   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Just pulled it from the loft. Falcon box (black and red) and imported by Battle Orders Shogun UK!

Mine does not have any BBs in it, bit a box of Falcon plastic "air pellets" complete with waist!

Interesting! I'll try and get some pictures up later.

Andy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica   Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin/Daisy Model 15 Softair Machine Gun Replica
Page 1 of 1